FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stop hosting vBulletin forums! This is strictly illegal!

Bondings
To all those who think they may host nullified vBulletin forums or other warez. Let it be said for once and for all:

This is strictly illegal and will cause an immediate termination of your account!

We find those forums daily. I'm really getting sick of it. If you still have a nullified vBulletin or other nullified forum on your account, or if you host warez/commercial mp3's, delete them immediately, before we see them! Evil or Very Mad
Bondings
And to all those who keep asking me why their account was suspended:
OwneR wrote:
My hosting account was suspended ? Why ?

The only thing I will say is:
Quote:
/*======================================================================*\
|| ####################################################################
|| # Nullified By CAT Team
|| # CVS: $RCSfile: usernote.php,v $ - $Revision: 1.84.2.1 $
|| ####################################################################
\*======================================================================*/
Maka
Yes delete them now or face suspension, we scan your accounts frequently, it's not worth it. Wink
Bondings
To all those who keep asking to get their files back:
OwneR wrote:
O well am i allowed to post for another hosting application and if not

Can you at least unsuspend me for a while so i can at least go get all my stuff from there and download it onto my comp using ftp ?

If a thief is caught stealing, what will the judge say if he wants to get his gun back he forgot in that house?
n0obie4life
Add

IPB 1.3 and IPB Paid.

IPB 1.3 is no longer FREE.
mOrpheuS
We'd better put that in the TOS.

vB and IPB shouldn't be allowed here, even if somebody says he/she owns a license for them (because no matter what they say, they most probably don't have a legal copy of these scripts)

No vBulletin or IPB whatsoever.
Bondings
mOrpheuS wrote:
We'd better put that in the TOS.

vB and IPB shouldn't be allowed here, even if somebody says he/she owns a license for them (because no matter what they say, they most probably don't have a legal copy of these scripts)

No vBulletin or IPB whatsoever.

Here you go
Frihost TOS wrote:
Warez, mp3's and vBulletin/IPB forums.
Maka
Good stuff. Cool
cool-online
n0obie4life wrote:
Add

IPB 1.3 and IPB Paid.

It's not illegal!
I still have my old IPB 1.3 and IPB 2.0.0 Trial in my gmail account.
Im not using it though..
As far as It's from IPS and 2.0.0 Trial below, We can use it.
mOrpheuS
cool-online wrote:
It's not illegal!
Im not using it though..

exactly !
and that's something that no one can really prove.
the original source of the zip file...
Texas Al
My question is, why the hell are these retards using illegal proprietary software when similar software is legally available for free?

At the time of this posting, the first vBulletin clone is the sixth in the list, and plenty more further down the list. Take your pick. n00bz.
http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=vbulletin
Boles Roor
So, IPB 2.0.0 Trail isn't allowed either? Sad That's a bummer :/
WickedGravity
Why is there even discussion about this?

The FOUNDER of the enitre site said no.

Shouldn't that mean you whine elsewhere and take them down and/or cancel your account bfore we have to do it to you?
cool-online
Texas Al wrote:
My question is, why the hell are these retards using illegal proprietary software when similar software is legally available for free?

At the time of this posting, the first vBulletin clone is the sixth in the list, and plenty more further down the list. Take your pick. n00bz.
http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=vbulletin

this is interesting. didnt know that before.
what's the best clone of vbb? do you mean phpobb?
Texas Al
Darn if I know, I'm more of a Mambo and TikiWiki fan myself.

But.

This vB thingie... it's a PHP/MySQL app, correct? Given that freakin Microsoft Office and Photoshop now have decent open source clones and they're binary-only distributions, I absolutely can't imagine that a commercial PHP script can exist without there also being lookalike free software that not only matches it feature for feature but totally pwns it on security and reliability.

If I ever need a BB, I'll look into this and post my experiences here. Otherwise, I hope someone else looks into it and posts which one they like here.
n0obie4life
cool-online wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
Add

IPB 1.3 and IPB Paid.

It's not illegal!
Im not using it though..

IPB 1.3 is paid now. If you have the version that came LAST TIME before 1.3 went paid, it *should* be allowed.
Bondings
Boles Roor wrote:
So, IPB 2.0.0 Trail isn't allowed either? Sad That's a bummer :/

That version requires Zend Encoder to be installed according to their website. And Zend Encoder is not yet installed on this server, by my knowledge.
Anderman
If i do buy a legal one can i prove it from vB records to a Admin?

Thanks
Bondings
Anderman wrote:

Thanks

Are you really going to buy a 100+$ license and then put it on a free host? If you can prove it, it is ok for me, but I really doubt you will buy it. Wink
n0obie4life
It has that licenced to blah blah blah down there at the foother Very Happy.
Anderman
Bondings wrote:
Anderman wrote:

Thanks

Are you really going to buy a 100+$ license and then put it on a free host? If you can prove it, it is ok for me, but I really doubt you will buy it. Wink

It was just a querie really
I doubt it i'll buy one, I was just thinking about it
But thanks anyway
Bondings
Anderman wrote:
It was just a querie really
I doubt it i'll buy one, I was just thinking about it
But thanks anyway

Oh, and if you actually would buy a license, be sure to notify me or another admin before you host it. Wink
Cryptz
i dunno why anyone would use Vbulletin when the forums on cpanel are just as good Smile

makes no sense
Devil
it is totally wrong that 1.3 is paid ,

1.3.1 was full trial , but cant use for life , it is totally legal to use ,

and ipb 2.0.0 full trial which was for download on the ipb site ,when it was first released , is legal too , even ipb said it is legal to use if u downloaded from thier site , but u cant use it for life ,

but it is not worth using , cuz there are a lot of bugs in it , and many security issues , use xmb it is preety good , not many features as ipb , but doesnt hav many bugs or security holes , i used xmb it is preety fast and a lot of hacks , go to xmbgarage.com they will install hacks for u , for free ,
n0obie4life
I remembered seeing from one of the webbies that I always go, that one free version of IPB (totally free, no limits,etc) became paid...
Devil
n0obie4life wrote:
I remembered seeing from one of the webbies that I always go, that one free version of IPB (totally free, no limits,etc) became paid...

no that is not true , i am a member of ipb forums , so i keep a watch on the latest developments there , cuz i am planning to buy 2.1

i downloaded ipb 2.0 on the first day it was released , but it had a lot of bugs , sothey released another version within a week , they made many changes to the code ,

the free version will remain free , cuz that is the agreement u download it from, so ipb has to honour that agreement , they had promised that ipb 2 will be free, so they put the free version , then they removed it , and put the trial versions which are zendcoded ,

for people who use ipb 2.0 full trial , please note that it is free , but still it is a trial version , u cant use it for life , i mean u cant have 2500 members and say i am still trying out the software
n0obie4life
hmm, okay whatever!
Bline
best board overall would be ipb...i mean 1.3 is free and thats the one i currently use Wink
meangurl
why not try a great unrecognized software? it's as good as vbulletin... features, user friendly, nice interface... you name it... the only problem there is the fact that only a few people supports the project and only a few skins and mods are available...

yet it's very powerful and the features are overall greater for a free software. why not try it?

link: http://www.mybboard.com/

screenshot:
(courtesy of MyBB)
Maka
Im currently using the one bulit into e107, its great, come with all the mods already like quick reply etc, e107 owns!.
Maka
Also just to remind you of not just vb but also ipb boards that arnt trial versions, we also check these two.
Cryptz
Maka wrote:
Im currently using the one bulit into e107, its great, come with all the mods already like quick reply etc, e107 owns!.

i use it too Wink

its the best portal style website i ever used Razz
tribe
I used invisionfree.com and just hoped for new upgrades but i can't see a hack of vbulletin or ipb... thats very wrong cuz its stealing
vietboy
i recomment everyone use http://mercuryboard.com It is the best forum i have ever see before Confused
Gerardus™
What's wrong with phpbb? Why should we take other forums? I tried a few others, but still my personal favorite is phpbb!
pamelf
Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm not even sure what nullified vBullettin and IPB mean. I'm a self taught website designer, and I just sort of do things, so I'm not sure if they're legal or not. I don't want to do anything illegal, so if you could keep me up to date with the terminology I'd really appreciate it...
techcheetah
I agree that people should not pirate vBulletin....man PHPBB is free and is much good if u wanna host a website..it got plenty of hacks and can be edited...or u can use trial version of IPB...

dont pirate...if u get many visitors make money from site using adsense...then but vBulletin and use it..
Antoine_935
Is it allowed to install an 1.2 version of IPB ?
Bondings
Antoine_935 wrote:
Is it allowed to install an 1.2 version of IPB ?

No, just use phpbb/smf or another free forum. There are plenty of them, all very good.
Antoine_935
Al right Wink
hiddenstreet
Darn it, no more IPB.

Now I have to get a open source forum and hack it so it performs good as IPB.

Gonna take me ages.
Antoine_935
I know SMF is not bad, it's a littlebit like IPB.
You can also try XMD (I've never tried) or connectix-board (idem)
n0obie4life
hiddenstreet wrote:
Darn it, no more IPB.

Now I have to get a open source forum and hack it so it performs good as IPB.

Gonna take me ages.

Get phpBB. There are losta mods to make it IPB like.
sibbahz
A lot of hosts still host invision 1.3 on fantastico so i cant see its illegal to use, all i know is the latest version is paid.
Bondings
We are not "a lot of hosts". Wink
digibluez
Use MiniBB-if you into programming and self coding.It is the smallest and lightest version of forum software i have seen.all those phpbb, IPB,SMF,Vbulletin are getting bored as all have them allready.not much got soemthing new.
FireFoxDB
Can i ask you guys sumthing: is a link to a free invisionfree board allowed. cuz i have my own forum for my website.
n0obie4life
digibluez wrote:
Use MiniBB-if you into programming and self coding.It is the smallest and lightest version of forum software i have seen.all those phpbb, IPB,SMF,Vbulletin are getting bored as all have them allready.not much got soemthing new.

Make one.
Arcath
i assume that ebullitein is allowed? its a free forum that similar to Vbulitien itslef
Bondings
Arcath wrote:
i assume that ebullitein is allowed? its a free forum that similar to Vbulitien itslef

Yes, if that is completely free, then it's ok.
Refrag
Bondings wrote:
To all those who think they may host nullified vBulletin forums or other warez. Let it be said for once and for all:

This is strictly illegal and will cause an immediate termination of your account!

We find those forums daily. I'm really getting sick of it. If you still have a nullified vBulletin or other nullified forum on your account, or if you host warez/commercial mp3's, delete them immediately, before we see them! Evil or Very Mad

Sorry if i sound igronant but im new to all this and was wondering if someone could explaine this to me laymans terms please. I am wanting to put a music web site up all original tracks but don't want to break any rules before i start

thanks REFRAG
Bondings
Refrag wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Sorry if i sound igronant but im new to all this and was wondering if someone could explaine this to me laymans terms please. I am wanting to put a music web site up all original tracks but don't want to break any rules before i start

thanks REFRAG

You are not allowed to host mp3 files. You can request a permission in the request an account change forum, but I normally only allow it to very active members and the mp3's have to be made by themselves, certainly not by a musician; I mean commercial mp3's. so please don't host those mp3's on frihost.
chris88
Ok, got it.
I'm not interested in vBulletin forum
blackant
I fully support this...no vbullentin or IPB boards here. Unless they can prove the purchase beforehand. Smile
Brndnjng
So we can't even host IPB 2.0 (trial)???
Bondings
Brndnjng wrote:
So we can't even host IPB 2.0 (trial)???

Not on this server, no. And even if you would, the trial version is only meant to be used before you buy the real one. It is not to be used as your main board.
budazz
why many people like ipb?... Confused
Bondings
-locked- to prevent spam