FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Good Project in PHP for my college project

SmartIcon
Hello Dear Friends!

I have to do a project using PHP for my 8th semester. It is very difficult me to choose the project. So my dear frinds please help me to find a good project and give your guidance for me. Thanks my dear friends.
the zephyrus
Could you be more specific? It really depends on what category you're looking for and what experience you have.
SmartIcon
I am an inexperienced student, as I consider PHP. I have started studying php. The project should not be a huge one sothat it may create problems for me. But I want to make a good application in the project. Please help. Thank you for your interest to help me.

Could any body recomend good books on php.
KattPappa
If you're looking for books go take a look in this thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-60199.html
Smile

Two random projects i came up with during 1 minute:
    A quiz game
    Write your own forum/advanced guest book

Good luck Smile
SmartIcon
KattPappa wrote:
If you're looking for books go take a look in this thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-60199.html
Smile

Two random projects i came up with during 1 minute:
    A quiz game
    Write your own forum/advanced guest book

Good luck Smile

Thanks for your advice. But I am wating for anything better. If you know anything, please help.
manum
make a email site like gmail (all AJAX) foe xcontrolpanel hosting sites.

refer to wrox publications "begining ajax" for help on ajaxmailsite.
chris20
make something like php object generator for object-relation mapping like they have, i guess it wouldnt have to be made in php to generate the object, but understanding objects is a big part of better php programming so i guess this would show you understand that aspect of php for your project

http://www.phpobjectgenerator.com/
mathiaus
How about a poll system with an ACP? This is a good idea because it can be made as simple or complex as you like and would be handy. You should be able to get loads of feedback from beta testers etc.
SmartIcon
mathiaus wrote:
How about a poll system with an ACP? This is a good idea because it can be made as simple or complex as you like and would be handy. You should be able to get loads of feedback from beta testers etc.

Could you define ACP in more detail?

Thank you.
jeremyw
A fun project I began, but did not finish, is an online HTML editor. Using PHP and Java applets or A LOT of Javascript, you can create something analogous to Dreamweaver accessible online. There is a very good book I have found on PHP and MySQL called, of all things, 'PHP and MySQL Web Development' 3rd ed.
mathiaus
SmartIcon wrote:
mathiaus wrote:

Thank you.

Admin Control Panel. From here you could add, edit and delete polls, control templates, manage logged IPs, block IP's, lock polls.
Another step up making things more complicated if required, is multiple choice polls rather than just single choice.
Hope this helps on the ideas front Smile
SmartIcon
mathiaus wrote:
SmartIcon wrote:
mathiaus wrote:

Thank you.

Admin Control Panel. From here you could add, edit and delete polls, control templates, manage logged IPs, block IP's, lock polls.
Another step up making things more complicated if required, is multiple choice polls rather than just single choice.
Hope this helps on the ideas front Smile

Good Idea.

I will think about it.
Thanks. If you have anything more please post.
santium
You could do something like an advanced news control system. Where posts can be made, comments can be left, built in auto-replace smilies, different user levels to allow people to post that aren't administrators, etc.