FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chrono Cross

Fenroy
Anyone ever play this classic PS1 game? I've beaten it several times, but for some reason I keep finding myself going back a few months later. I've played it enough that I can skip all of the dialogue and still understand what's going on. I can even beat the game in about two days if I sit down and have nothing better to do with my time. I also rather like the time shifter you get after beating it the first time through and make a new game+.

Speaking of new game+, has anyone ever seen all of the secret endings to the game? There are the two that I'm sure everyone knows about: killing the final boss, and killing the final boss with the Chrono Cross. But there are several other endings. If you use the time egg and the second wormhole at Opassa Beach at various points in the game, you can see different endings. The toughest one is when you do it at the very beginning of the game. You fight with Serge alone. That one's best after you're into your second or third layer of new game+.

Anyway, I'd like to hear any comments about the game that you all have.
pozzler
Hello,

there are many Chrono Cross endings - see the http://www.rpgplanet.com/chrono/cc_endings.shtml page.

No Ending
Don't use the Chrono Cross the to defeat the final boss.

Chrono Ending
Use the Chrono Cross the defeat the final boss.

Game Developer Ending
In New Game+, defeat the final boss as soon as posable without recruiting any other party members.

Acacian Empire Ending
In New Game+, defeat the final boss before entering Viper Manor.

Serge's Part Time Job Ending
In New Game+, defeat the final boss after Kid is poised by Lynx.

Nikki's Concert Ending
In New Game+, defeat the final boss after Kid is poisoned by Lynx, with Razzly and Nikki in your party.

Subjugation of Lynx Ending
In New Game+, defeat the final boss before Harle leaves your party but after rescuing Riddel.

Viper Kindergarten Ending
In New Game+, defeat the final boss before fighting fate (with the Masamune).

Record of Fate Ending
In New Game+, defeat the final boss before fighting fate (without the Masamune).

Dragon God Ending
In New Game+, defeat the final boss after defeating FATE, before changing back to Serge.

Cheers

Wojtek
enygmasoft
Fenroy wrote:
Anyone ever play this classic PS1 game? I've beaten it several times, but for some reason I keep finding myself going back a few months later. I've played it enough that I can skip all of the dialogue and still understand what's going on. I can even beat the game in about two days if I sit down and have nothing better to do with my time. I also rather like the time shifter you get after beating it the first time through and make a new game+.

Speaking of new game+, has anyone ever seen all of the secret endings to the game? There are the two that I'm sure everyone knows about: killing the final boss, and killing the final boss with the Chrono Cross. But there are several other endings. If you use the time egg and the second wormhole at Opassa Beach at various points in the game, you can see different endings. The toughest one is when you do it at the very beginning of the game. You fight with Serge alone. That one's best after you're into your second or third layer of new game+.

Anyway, I'd like to hear any comments about the game that you all have.

I had it I passed it only once and I did not know it had multiple endings. I saw 12 endings in part one, but I never gave it a second try. I thinks its about time to do that.
Pikokola
Yap chrono Cross is one of the best game from squaresift I think [before join with Square enix]

I've beat it many times but I haven't see all of the ending Sad My Cd was ripp off and now It's hard to find this game Sad

Oh yeah, The nikki's Concert Song [marbule theme?], can you tell me how to get it? I love it
Raijenki
@Pikokola: For me the best game of Square ENIX (its not more Squaresoft) was Xenogears and Final Fantasy VII, they rocks.

I think that Chrono Cross was the 5th or 6th game I've played in my PSOne, I've saw only one ending xd, I never knew about those things.

Anyway, I've played Chrno Trigger too, which is a good game.
Fenroy
Pikokola wrote:
Yap chrono Cross is one of the best game from squaresift I think [before join with Square enix]

I think it's worth noting here that Final Fantasy VII was made before Squaresoft became Square Enix. Also, in many people's eyes (mine included), FFVII was a much better game than Chrono Cross could ever hope to be. And, yes, I'm allowed to say this because I own them both, and I've beaten both of them 100%. That's right...I've beaten Final Fantasy VII 100%, including all materia, all weapons, all final limit breaks, etc. I've even beaten Ruby Weapon (albeit one time with quad magic + Bahamut Zero). It's a tough game.

But anyway, I just thought I'd throw that in there...FFVII was a Squaresoft game, not a Square Enix game, though they've become synonymous.
enygmasoft
Fenroy wrote:
Pikokola wrote:

I think it's worth noting here that Final Fantasy VII was made before Squaresoft became Square Enix. Also, in many people's eyes (mine included), FFVII was a much better game than Chrono Cross could ever hope to be. And, yes, I'm allowed to say this because I own them both, and I've beaten both of them 100%. That's right...I've beaten Final Fantasy VII 100%, including all materia, all weapons, all final limit breaks, etc. I've even beaten Ruby Weapon (albeit one time with quad magic + Bahamut Zero). It's a tough game.

But anyway, I just thought I'd throw that in there...FFVII was a Squaresoft game, not a Square Enix game, though they've become synonymous.

I have no argument that, FFVII is a god of an RPG while Crono Cross was not as great, It was still an excellent game. Chrono Trigger was so much better than Chrono Cross but thats what happens with sequels.
tingkagol
gamespot rated it a perfect 10.

i do not own a ps1, but i did download the game and played it in an emulator once... and the emulation sucks. i just wonder if the emulation has improved... anyone?
enygmasoft
tingkagol wrote:

i do not own a ps1, but i did download the game and played it in an emulator once... and the emulation sucks. i just wonder if the emulation has improved... anyone?

Yes unfortunately that is the case. 3D graphics can be complex and each console implements them a little differently. Not only that but there are also properity features that make emulation even harder. The only thing about emulation is that they are like wine, they get better with age. Another important thing to remember is to dl as many of them as you can, because since emulators are different, the game you are trying to play may require features that have been emulated on one emulator and not others.
Fenroy
tingkagol wrote:

Now, are we still talking about Chrono Cross, or is this in reference to Final Fantasy VII? If the people at Gamespot rated Chrono Cross a perfect 10, then I'm a little disappointed in their decision.