FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Own literature

Avorroch
Hello!
I ask if you got you own book? Or if you have sometime write it?
I write my Legend of Blue eyes dragon: Black dragon...
INeedHelp
I am currently working on a story/book. It is still in note form, a lot of it swimming around in my head...I want to become a published author someday, but it will take a lot of hard work and dedication. Has your work been published? I have to get myself through college before I really devote my time to writing.
Avorroch
Hm, not yet. It will be published across christmas, but otherways it is Slovene.
rightclickscott
I have been working on perfecting Elementalist for a long time, but in between writing and constantly editing that one, I work on short stories. My most recent one is an untitled tale about an Irish bastard named Conor Linquin.
RoughitforGreen247
I've been working on a manuscript for a year or so now. Currently I've taken some time off writing it to dabble in poetry. I was reading about getting published and figured if I could squeak out some high finishes in some poetry contests it might better my chances of finding an agent.
rampantinsanity
Both my husband and I are writers, but he's got almost three chapters of a novel finished and after I'm done editing it, we'll be sending it off to every publisher we've ever heard of. No, not kidding. We really will.

I don't have anything as long as a novel finished, I never seem to be able to finish these writing projects, they start strong then the block hits. Does anyone else have the same problem? It drives me nuts.

-Alunasa from Rampant Insanity
TurtleShell
rampantinsanity wrote:
Both my husband and I are writers, but he's got almost three chapters of a novel finished and after I'm done editing it, we'll be sending it off to every publisher we've ever heard of. No, not kidding. We really will.

I don't have anything as long as a novel finished, I never seem to be able to finish these writing projects, they start strong then the block hits. Does anyone else have the same problem? It drives me nuts.

-Alunasa from Rampant Insanity

I get writer's block quite a bit, but it always goes away. My problem comes from finding time to work on writing. I write on the train in the mornings, but I never can find time when I'm at a computer to key in all the edits and I fall behind. I write my rough drafts by hand, but type them into the computer as I go. Then I edit the printed out copies, and then I update them on the computer, and then I edit that, etc--until it's been through so many drafts it's completely different. It's a part of my process, and I can't seem to find any other way to write. But my time at the computer is so limited, that eventually the whole thing reaches a kind of stasis and I can't move forward. Frustrating.
Eclipse
It takes a lot of time and patience to write. I should know; back in highschool I managed to pump out nearly 700 pages of stories, short-stories and novels. Nothing was every really complete my biggest work acumulatively came to 125 pages. That said, you can imagine I have so many different ideas stored away everywhere. To be precise I have two seperate binders and about 11 to 12 different works started.

My second earliest one began in the eighth grade. I worked on it as well as other works but it quickly became my longest. Keep in mind, too, that the font is small at 125 pages and if it were to be put in book form then the font would have to go up about a notch or two.

If they allow me a website then I will use it to post works of my own and possibly other peoples if they let me.
ddukki
I tried to write something like Catcher in the Rye. It went well until I lost the USB drive with the story in it. But now that I look back on it, it was too much like the Catcher in the Rye. I'll have to think up something original before I start writing again.