FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CVS Repository?

Solugon
Would I be allowed to put a CVS repository on my webspace, and if so, how would I go about setting it up?
Daniel15
No, you can't host a CVS or SVN repository here, as they require setting up some additional stuff on the server. Basically, it's not web hosting as such, which is what we provide here
I'd personally suggest SVN rather than CVS. See http://opensvn.csie.org/ for a free SVN host (they only do SVN hosting, not web hosting). If you want to learn more about SVN, see the free SVN Book (search Google for it)
Solugon
Ah, great. Not only did you give me an SVN host, you game me a free one, which is all the better. Very Happy
Daniel15
Solugon wrote:
Ah, great. Not only did you give me an SVN host, you game me a free one, which is all the better. Very Happy

No problem Wink. I personally host my SVN repository myself (on my server), but I've used that host before.

P.S I suggest you post more if you want to keep your FriHost account, your points are quite low Wink
simplyw00x
Is there any possibility of CVS support being added? I can't imagine it takes much CPU/HD space. It would definitely be useful for me; not sure about other people. Thoughts?
the zephyrus
simplyw00x wrote:
Is there any possibility of CVS support being added? I can't imagine it takes much CPU/HD space. It would definitely be useful for me; not sure about other people. Thoughts?
The main obstacle would be showing that enough people would actually use it.
Daniel15
Quote:
The main obstacle would be showing that enough people would actually use it.

Additionally, the ability to create new CVS modules/SVN repositories would either require:
1) Shell access
2) A web interface custom designed for this.

We can't provide either at the moment (shell access is definately not available, and a web interface takes too long to make).

Basically, it comes down to this: We are a web host, not a host for other stuff Wink
simplyw00x
I have shell access via PHP. Do I win an internets? Or something?