FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

internet n00b needs help

drdestiny
ok i have no idea how to design a website so my question is:

where can i download a good format/template/program for a blog?

and what i mean by that is where i can i get a template that has an almost myspace like feel. one that is easy to edit and change.

and more importantly, one that has athetic appeal and a comment system?
Ghost Rider103
I think you will first have to get the template, and then mod it to where it has a comment system, and is like myspace. You can probally find one that looks a bit like myspace, but I doubt it will have all the comment system and everything you want in it, you will most likely have to edit it.
rfwrangler
There are several blog programs out there but I don't think that you are going to find one that has a myspace feel to it so you will need to edit it quite a bit to get it to have the look and feel that you want. What do you know about coding html, css, and scripting languages because this is what you will need to edit the programs that are available.

A lot of these systems are programmed in PHP and you will need to know this if you are wanting to edit them past what they are. In order to edit the look of the template you will need to know something about HTML and CSS or be able to use a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver. The other option is to find someone that is willing and able to do this for you and this may mean paying someone for their skills.

This all depends on how bad you want this to be like MySpace adn what you are willing to do to get it to that format.
drdestiny
oh well what i meant by myspace was just with a background and comment system.

rfwrangler, can you give me an example of a program?
rfwrangler
Here is an article about a couple of freeware systems that you might be able to implement in you project.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Comparing-Free-Blogging-Software&id=41365

There is BBlog as well that are written in PHP and has the ability to have the styles changed.

BBlog url www.bblog.com/.

I hope that this helps you with your project.
Dragate
well, if you're up for a really professional myspace blog thingy, you shold learn some CSS~

go here:
http://www.w3schools.com and go to the css place. Take some time and learn the coding.

Get an image editing program like the GIMP (search for it on google) and then do some tutorials on the image editor, learn to make some cool templates, then code up your template using CSS.

Remember to look for the .whatever tags (after you've learned css)

good luck, mon~ have fun learning this
Kirth
drdestiny wrote:
ok i have no idea how to design a website so my question is:

where can i download a good format/template/program for a blog?

and what i mean by that is where i can i get a template that has an almost myspace like feel. one that is easy to edit and change.

and more importantly, one that has athetic appeal and a comment system?

To make a blog, whit some styles in it:
www.wordpress.com

For more info about Wordpress, the download, skins, add-ons, ect..
wordpress.org

~Regards,
Kirth