FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

server speed/overload

the-geek
i use the frih.net heavyly for various reason. but sometime all of sudden i cant access the server atall. it says the server is not responding or couldnt found or time out. but at the same time i can access the frih with my FTP client. it just cant access with a browser. i noticed, it happens in a regular basis. is it because the server is over loaded with surfers or there is some technical fault. who knows?
SpellcasterDX
FTP and HTTPD are different things. HTTPD could be down while FTP is up, or vice-versa.

It's techincal difficulties.
hofodomo01
Yeah, my FTP has been crapping out as well. It's fine now, but...made me pretty mad for a bit...
dotapinoy3480
is this the problem in bandwidth limit? especially for those who're registered as free accounts?
yaashop
I dont think it's bandwidth limit. I never use more than half of my bandwidth but still got the same problem sometimes. but mostly my site is fine though.
SpellcasterDX
Nah, it's not bandwith, unless you're nearly to your limit.
ashok
What browser are you using? Some times i too face the same situation when using firefox.. but then i shift to internet explorer, my site works fine... I think it must be some timeout options in firefox..
k_s_baskar
hey,

I am also facing the same prob. But httpd intuption is 5 to 10 min. After few min. All the things are working fine.

Smile
vinx_18
I am also experiencing the same problem as yours. I only use Filezilla as my ftp client. Can some experts tell us about this?
the-geek
+i never use Iinternet explorer but only use firefox 1.5.0.8
i think this happens when (maybe) too many user tries to access the frih at a time or maybe because we use dial-up! who knows!