FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many times you defecate in a day?

just-in
Hi guys,

The title does matter when it comes to your body health.

So answer the question. I will post some facts on the title related to out body health once this thread receives atleast 25 replies.

So how frequent you do it? Wink
Captain Fertile
Just when you thought you had seen it all...

...Erm... ...usually I am happy to answer any questions because we are pretty anonymous on here but I don’t really want to answer it.

I might be inclined to answer if I knew why this was such a burning question in your life or what the scientific factoid or relevance attached to it was.

Also if the question had been phrased a little more eloquently it might not seem so strange to answer.

If there is some purpose behind the question and others spill the beans, so to speak, I may consider it.
Embarassed
S3nd K3ys
Depends on how many times I ate the day before. Wink
just-in
Captain Fertile wrote:

...Erm... ...usually I am happy to answer any questions because we are pretty anonymous on here but I don’t really want to answer it.

I might be inclined to answer if I knew why this was such a burning question in your life or what the scientific factoid or relevance attached to it was.

Also if the question had been phrased a little more eloquently it might not seem so strange to answer.

If there is some purpose behind the question and others spill the beans, so to speak, I may consider it.
Embarassed

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Shit or Shite is a word in Modern English denoting feces, the byproduct of digestion. It is a native English word, but following the Norman Conquest, Norman, Anglo-Norman, French, and Latin terms for many common objects and bodily functions began to be seen as more distinguished than native words, and thereafter feces became the accepted English noun, to defecate became the accepted English verb, and shit was no longer used in polite company.

So I admit that shit was no longer used in polite company and change my question accordingly.

Hope people will not yell at me now.
obiang
As much as I have to? Can I say that?
em0o
i think i go to the potty due to bowel movements once a day.
furtasacra
Captain Fertile wrote:

Embarassed

I'm with Captain Fertile on this one, why do you want to know?

This is just one of those things people prefer not to talk about. Although, I may have just answered my own question with that statement. Does anybody know how much you actually should go? What's normal? What's healthy?
driftingfe3s
I don't think its a weird question. Maybe he's trying to establish what a normal amout is throught this thread.

Anyways, I take a dump on an average of once per day. More or less if I eat a lot or don't eat as much as I usually do.
The3dx
for me it's not a qustion of how much per day...
is how much per week...i do it like 3 times a week...sadly. yeah...
qbawler311
I drop bombs on average 2 times per day. If I got beer shits then i could go over 5 times in one day.
benjmd
Normal is 3 times a day to as little as 3 times a week.
scrub
I've heard that three times a day is supposed to indicate good health, but I haven't tried to actually research it--I'm curious what "just-in" has to contribute information-wise!

I go about once a day...as someone else said, more or less depending on how much I ate the day before or that day!
niffer
O__o who the crap craps 3 times a day?

i usually have one movement per day....or a few small ones if i have a stomach ache, which depends on what kind of food i eat.
Dragonfly
Mostly once a day. Sometimes twice a day. I think it is both normal. You could post some good guidance on this. Because it can effects our whole body health system. I think it is important for detoxification of our whole body.
Rico
a message
prilly_baby
ahahahaha

mmmm i try to atleast once a day.
imera
in a day, well one time, but it will be like one, two or even three days before the next day. Have no idea why I'm like this, but my mother is 'defecating', to use the nice word once a day she say.
Captain Fertile
Wow you got a lot more replies than I expected,

My word we are an open bunch here on Frihost or maybe we just love talking cr*p. Laughing
DocWonton
According to my Internal Medicine resource, normal bowel frequency ranges from 3 times a week Shocked to three times a day... i dunno, but i think they must have included outliers... three times a day seems... ehhhhhh.

anyhow, infections, drugs, exercise, and stress also affect how often you defecate so that could explain for the difference in number of times someone defecates vs. number of times someone else defecates...

this a very err....interesting (lack of words) topic... o.o
furtasacra
I saw part of a health show on PBS yesterday, and a lot of it was about digestive health. The lady on the show prefaced her remarks by pointing out that a lot of people are embarrassed by the topic of digestion, and particularly its unlovely by-products.

Apparently, it's healthy to defecate at least once a day. Normal, on the other hand, seems to be less frequent, in the U.S. anyway, because most Americans don't get the recommended 35 grams of fiber every day.

I can tell you from my own experience, if you eat four servings of fruit and five servings of vegetables daily like the USDA food pyramid says, you will be going #2 every day, maybe more than once.
greenwoodmonkey
I'm a minimum of three times a day...
9am (as soon as I get into work)

Any time in the afternoon

around 8pm when I get home

Obviously if I eat something spicy (I live in Bangkok) I go more..

Drinking beer makes me go more too... I call that alco-poops
BosLady
This is the strangest post I have ever seen. Wow! I would have to say with anyone, it would depend upon what you ate the day before. Eat lots of cheese and your plugged up, eat too many veggies and watch out toilet!!
outofnicks
Probably one of the more stranger posts I've seen on these forums, but here, just about anything goes as long as it's not obscene, defamatory, inflamatory, or illegal.This question fits none of the above and is, in fact, interesting to hear other people's toilet habits so hear it goes with mine--
Used to be, in the morning about 1 hour after my big cup of coffee, without fail, would be my one and only big BM of the day. For most of my adult life. Lately, I've stopped being so regular. I'm in my early 50's and the last year has been a rollercoaster of small health crisises, up and down, being sick for a couple days then feeling good for a week etc. My body has become more sensitve to what I eat and reacts quicker to toxins and also to good things. So, I may do it twice in the morning, once or twice in the evening, and occasionally during the wee hours of night. If I've been overly verbose, please just disregard my post as I'm just doing my part to keep this forum alive and well.
rein
After every meal.
Almost like clockwork.
peaceninja
after every meal sounds like a digestive problem, i pay attention to mine and i get worried if i havent done it in over a day and subsequently i eat a salad to get some fiber (or i eat some fiber choice tablets i keep on hand). you do not want the junk to stay in your trunk for a long time! also interesting fact that fiber helps prevent colon cancer. this is a seemingly disgusting subject to talk about but its surprisingly important for people to be aware of. if there were ever a handbook to life then the defecation schedule should be one of the chapters!
friuser
I do it once every few days which is normal for me. For me it's just not possible to do it daily. seriously... i even did those colon cleaning and used Psyllium Husk and that didn't get me going daily. :(
Wynand
The average per human and for a healthy digestive system it is once per day. If you go less than once a day you may have to start exercise more or make a few adjustments to your diet. There is nothing wrong with more than once a day. It is also healthy to go everyday at the same time. Make a routine of it.
Drawingguy
I carefully look at fiber content of all the food I eat. I love it. Now, to the topic at hand, I generally go about once a day. I think that two is the maximum for me- but you know what I say? Quality, not quantity.
karysky
I don't know why some people makes such fuss about answering the question! It's not that personnal, everyone has to go to the bathroom! Perhaps I'm not shy because I work in a medical area and we discuss these things quite openly.

So my answer is once every two days.
Simulator
I think it is healthy to 'excrete' at least once a day. I do.
You really should just go whenever necessary!
Rico
a message
peterwilliams
I think the question is a very relevant one these days. Constipation seems to be a very serious and hidden problem in our stressed world. Yeah, according to the conventional docs and the naturopaths, stress is definitely one cause of constipation and this abnormality can lead to cancer. My ancestors from the West Indies used to believe in the power of natural jungle plants both for tea to preserve your tranquility and for treating things like constipation. Taking a dump once a day to three times a week is right.
mawfia
I excrete (in small amounts) two times a day usually. The day before I drink about 5-6 (12 oz) bottles of water while working out. For some reason if I drink heavily the night before I i'll go three time typically.

The amount you pass throught your bowels depends on how much you eat, what you eat, and water consumption.
Sitckd
Personally, a few times a week but rarely everyday. Must be something to do with my metabolism... I can eat hordes of food, and only feel uncomfortable for a short period of time. Then life goes on as usual. I just hope that I do have a healthy digestive system and that it's not going to suddenly explode out of my other end one morning.
amicalindia
Once................... under normal circumstances.