FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

VIDEO OF ME DJING AT A RAVE

djcaution
So I've had this video of me DJing at "Seduction" (a soundwave entertainment event) from February 18th 2006 all this time, and it never once crossed my mind that I can upload it Youtube!! duhurrr... (youtube rocks by the way, it's so sweet that they'll host any movie that's under 10 minutes long and max 100Mb just like that!) So it's a bit late lol, but I figured I'd post it anyways. Check it out it's got some pretty sweet footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHImmZNcK5c
Scott
Looks pretty fun. I'm hoping to get a couple decks some day.
anxiety1
nice one mate.

ra ra ra rave it up son
roach831
i dont really like rave but that looks like a pretty cool place
cheh
wow, great stuff dude! what is this, sounds like some UK harddance.
i'm loving the shit. has a very hardstyle-sounding bassline, with lots of cool synths and stuff... what more can you ask for in music Wink

keep up the good work dude, and i hope to be seeing more of vids like this from you in the future! Wink Very Happy
cheers!
cheh
and OMG i love the acid lines!!! i think it's a great shame that they're hardly even ever used in electronic music Sad it's one of the best things about that music!
djcaution
Hey thanks for the positive feedback! It was more than I predicted since I know that not many frihosters are really into this kind of thing! Very Happy I'll be sure to let you know when I have more to share

Chen, to answer your question the style of music I play is called Hard Trance. You'd actually be surprised just how much acid lines are used in electronic music all the time. Sure it's true that straight-up acid-techno DJ's that specialize in spinning nothing but acid tunes are not too common but tons of tracks, especially hard trance and the likes, have acid elements in them. You should definitely check out the track "Trance and Acid" by Kai Tracid. That's the best acid sound you'll ever hear in a track EVER
Captain Fertile
Very enjoyable music and one of the more entertaining personal videos on YouTube. It is showcasing someone with a talent and it is good to watch you and the dancers too.

Next time you do a video maybe a 10 minute video all in one take so we can see a section of your set all the way through without it getting chopped up.

I enjoyed your stuff a great deal even though I am fast approaching 40 years old.

I would certainly listen to your music while driving or when I was on ‘that’ mood at home.

I’m just pleased I don’t live next door to you while you practice!!!

It would be good to hear more from you.
cheh
djcaution wrote:

Chen, to answer your question the style of music I play is called Hard Trance. You'd actually be surprised just how much acid lines are used in electronic music all the time. Sure it's true that straight-up acid-techno DJ's that specialize in spinning nothing but acid tunes are not too common but tons of tracks, especially hard trance and the likes, have acid elements in them. You should definitely check out the track "Trance and Acid" by Kai Tracid. That's the best acid sound you'll ever hear in a track EVER

ah come on, do you think i'm a noob Razz i know the track very vell, it's not exactly new is it? Wink

yeah i also figured it's hardtrance that you play, but UK hardtrance is pretty different to the rest of the European. i used to be a bigger fan of European but lately, i'm really starting to love the UK kind. producers like Gaz West, Lee Haslam, Guyver etc. can really make me go insane! Very Happy
djcaution
Hehe, Captain Fertile you're one cool 40 year old cat Cool . I know I only wish I had the whole set on tape without any cutting out but my buddy with the videocamera kept on stopping recording right at the very best parts throughout the set Confused most of the spots where it cuts out in that 10 minute vid are pretty much where it cuts out in the full version too which drives me NUTS but I can't complain because if it werent for him, it would never have been recorded at all since the person who was initially supposed to chickened out & I wasnt even gonna record it anymore but he totally stepped in and saved the day w/that. Sorry for underestimating you Cheh, you obviously know your stuff- Guyver is my all-time favourite artist ever