FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PULP FICTION

Motoracer380
anyone watch it? it's not that old but not that new..but staged older..it's good..favorite scene was when the kid gets his head blown off in the back of the car...like they used a watermelon or somthing.
mschnell
Yeah, it's a great movie! It's definitely one of my favorites. That's kind of a disgusting thing to be your favorite part of a movie, if I may say so.
violetgnu
I love this movie! Probably my favourite scenes were anything with Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield in it. Every dialogue they have is hilarious! I'd write a few down, but most of it would end up being censored. The mystery contents of the briefcase, the out of order sequence that the story is told in, it's brilliant!
Captain Fertile
I like Pulp Fiction a lot and the way the scenes were put together and played in a certain order was a good touch.

I remember reading somewhere on the internet (so it MUST be true) years ago that the briefcase contained Marsellus Wallace’s soul. This is also supposed to tie in with why Wallace is seen to have a plaster on the back of his neck (something to do with the devil taking the soul from the back of your neck-huh??) and why the contents of the case appear to shine like gold ( A soul is precious) and the combination being 666 (the number of the beast).

Of course this was years ago so I cant back up this with hard facts and it could well be a huge game of Chinese Whispers BUT I did read it about 5 years ago or more and liked the story at the time.

If you do a search on Google you may be able to find out more about these connections.

No matter what it true and what is bunkum it’s a great movie, funny, sad, violent and thrilling all at the same time.
S3nd K3ys
I watched it again last night. Seen it at least 10 times. Great movie. One of QT's best.

"You don't have to tell me how ****** good my coffee is, Jules"

Laughing Laughing
HDirtwater
QT hasn't made another movie that can even touch Pulp Fiction. The Kill Bill movies were great, but not on a level with PF.

"Is there a sign in front of my house that says 'dead n****** storage?!?'"
doomzmaster
awesome movie

"English DO YOU SPEAK IT?"
Artelis
HDirtwater wrote:
QT hasn't made another movie that can even touch Pulp Fiction. The Kill Bill movies were great, but not on a level with PF.

"Is there a sign in front of my house that says 'dead n****** storage?!?'"

Resevoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction

Still a classic though. Definitely on my top five.
desertwind
Ya, reservoir dogs was a little better and I consider it as QT's best. Pulp fiction is also great, though.
Lusiphur
Captain Fertile wrote:

I remember reading somewhere on the internet (so it MUST be true) years ago that the briefcase contained Marsellus Wallace’s soul. This is also supposed to tie in with why Wallace is seen to have a plaster on the back of his neck (something to do with the devil taking the soul from the back of your neck-huh??) and why the contents of the case appear to shine like gold ( A soul is precious) and the combination being 666 (the number of the beast).

QT said in an interview that teh case "contains whatever you want it to", the glow wasn't intended to give it the supernatural effect everyone jumped on to. And the plaster on his neck is because he has a scar or birthmark that he wanted to cover up (can;t remember which, but it was the actors choice to hide it.)

Pulp Fiction is my fav movie, and imo one of the best movies made to date. My mates hate watching it with me if I've been drinking, I can and will quote the entire movie Smile
pudovkin
A long time I don't watch it. As I recall, I liked very much about the casual violence. Smile
Need to watch it again.
TexasWes
Very well done flick. Everything you could want in a movie. No real "slow time" as there was something happening all the time. Hit men being smooth before they "off" the crew; ruthless thug fixing fights and putting a price on the head of a over-the-hill boxer that double-crosses him; perverted redneck and cop with a fetish for leather, bondage and [insert anything here]; sexy wife who like to linger on the edge; middle-class dope dealer who is still mentally 16; the go-to guy (The Wolf) saving the day...and the hits keep coming.
Great camera work, costumes, and a soundtrack that you can listen to when you're in any mood. Yep...QT hit the bullseye--with a ICBM!!!!
KoiboySG1
I dont like quentin tarantino movies. I must still see Pulp fiction.
BladeRunner
Pulp Fiction is an awesome film IMHO...so many classic moments.
lyddi8
I appreciate Pulp Fiction as a groundbreaking film for it's time, but Reservoir Dogs was so much better. It's like Reservoir Dogs was such a great movie, that the buzz spilt over to Tarantino's next film, Pulp Fiction, making it a lot more of a successful movie than it should have been.
That's not saying that Tarantino isn't exceptionally talented, just that Pulp Fiction was overrated.

One of the best collaborative efforts of Rodriguez/Tarantino has to be From Dusk Till Dawn. Unlike Pulp Fiction, it's totally underrated but so good.

As a side note- Has anyone noticed how Robert Rodriguez's films always have Tarantino either writing, producing or acting in them? In the special features of Desperado, Tarantino is totally telling him what to do. I guess Rodriguez is someone's **** (?!) Wink
NeOnCiTy
I would have to disagree. I think pulp fiction is way better. Its got the better director, the better actors and of corse a better better storyline.

By the way nice picture if you dont mind me saying