FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Various personal artworks.

alezunde

I'll start off with something small.
This is Paprika, a fledgling Goddess sent to save a village from a war. She travels through time, and can enter the dreamworlds inside of the minds of the villagers.

This is a slightly abstract piece. There are giant crystals that grow from beneath the ground in the desert. A desert-wise hermit has made his home beneath one of these crystals.

This is just a small colored pencil sketch of a tree-like structure that lies in the center of a vast plains.

This is one page of a comic that I am working on, featuring the spunky post-nuclear-apocalyptic alcoholic heroine, Mallory.

Just a small pen sketch, no story behind this one.

A fun character sketch using black and white markers, and inking pens.

Another pen sketch. (Pens are my favorite medium.)

Just a pencil sketch. I love wide-brimmed hats.

During the Black Plague, doctors would wear masks similar to this one, often filled with herbs and flowers which they believed would ward off the plague. Sadly for them, it didn't work.

Finally, a super-old colored pencil and ink drawing. I think that this drawing is almost three years old.
wiehls
the last one is my favorite. the lightness of the colors are nice withteh darkness of the hand. sweet picture!!!
Sokken
yes you are right wide-brimmed hats are cool. I also like the last picture a lot.
tefa_taftaf2010
oh my God .. the last one so surprising..

but the idea is very skillful one..

but i see a sharp lines in most of your artworks Exclamation

Nice Gallery alezunde Surprised
TonkPilz
Really nice!

I would cut of both my thumbs for your skills but that would be pretty stupid.... if i ever want to draw like this.

i really like that Black plague beak character
(gonna try and copy that one as practice... hope you don't mind)

and for your drawing of the hand now thats just Oooo... me like XD
the detail i mean how in hell do one dream up such details like the cracks in the bark/skin etc really good work!!

Cheers mate
alezunde
tefa_taftaf2010 wrote:
oh my God .. the last one so surprising..

but the idea is very skillful one..

but i see a sharp lines in most of your artworks Exclamation

Nice Gallery alezunde Surprised

Thank you! And yes, I am very particular about my lines. Smile

TonkPilz wrote:
Really nice!

I would cut of both my thumbs for your skills but that would be pretty stupid.... if i ever want to draw like this.

i really like that Black plague beak character
(gonna try and copy that one as practice... hope you don't mind)

and for your drawing of the hand now thats just Oooo... me like XD
the detail i mean how in hell do one dream up such details like the cracks in the bark/skin etc really good work!!

Cheers mate
Razz
Thank you also! I don't mind if you use my drawings as reference. It's really very flattering. A lot of times I will try to find reference for my textures, and study the details and colors that are involved.

Thanks again to everyone who has commented so far. I am also quite open to critiques, if anyone would like to give me some technical feedback.
Loghete
Very nice! Very Happy

You can draw many different styles..
Alie
I like your mask idea in Black Plague work. And feeling that the last artwork is in much higher level then the second one...
A mask... A mask... I must mension - you have great imagination Twisted Evil
alezunde
Alie wrote:
I like your mask idea in Black Plague work. And feeling that the last artwork is in much higher level then the second one...
A mask... A mask... I must mension - you have great imagination Twisted Evil

Actually, the last one has some nice detail I think, but the way that pencil strokes in the background are handled is not that good. The second one shows much better handling of the medium, IMO.
Alie
Anyway, you have my respect Twisted Evil
Che
Wow, these are really sweet.
I especially liked the last one. How long did it take you to draw it, color it, etc? How much of it is digitaly made?
alezunde
Che wrote:
Wow, these are really sweet.
I especially liked the last one. How long did it take you to draw it, color it, etc? How much of it is digitaly made?

Only the first image is made digitally. Nothing else except the last one has any digital alterations made, and the last one is only to add the border and text.
rameshbn1
Great pictures. I wish I could draw so well. I do some sketches, but I can't really do the finer things well - eyes, hand gestures, those things. I guess you have to be born with talent for that.
CivilizeD
Gj I like the last one best.
alezunde
rameshbn1 wrote:
Great pictures. I wish I could draw so well. I do some sketches, but I can't really do the finer things well - eyes, hand gestures, those things. I guess you have to be born with talent for that.

I think that a lot of people pass off talent as something you're born with. Maybe talent is something that we're born with, but "talented" people also have something else in common: They all developed an interest in their craft at a very early age, and just never stopped practicing it.
When you've dedicated yourself to something for your entire life just for the sheer joy of it, it's not hard to see why "talented" people are so skilled.
Not to flatter myself, of course. Rolling Eyes

Really it's a matter of loving something, and dedicating yourself to the art.

Also, here's something new:

P.S. Thanks for all of the support, guys! Smile
Annush_K
Great pictures. You definately have lots of skill. I evny your ability to draw humans :3
Bengt
very nice work you got there. keep it up !
wietn
Very nice work!
Ezragray
This is one of the funniest comics I've read in a long time. Hilarious.
How'd you think up this girl?
And can't we all sympathize with her - All she wants is the bottle, and for the human race to make some sence again, but more importantly the bottle.

Hahaha, keep it up and keep me posted.
alezunde
Ezragray wrote:
This is one of the funniest comics I've read in a long time. Hilarious.
How'd you think up this girl?
And can't we all sympathize with her - All she wants is the bottle, and for the human race to make some sence again, but more importantly the bottle.

Hahaha, keep it up and keep me posted.

Oh man, she's probably one of my favorite current characters. I'm inking the next page at the moment (I need to get on that) and I'll post it as soon as I'm done. Smile

Meanwhile, here's some more new art:

An experiment combining unlikely things. In this case, trees and crystals.

Random undead character.

This is the Ultimate Judge. He's a supernatural character created by a particular group of people to judge criminals. Some crimes are punishable by death. I'm currently working to turn this guy into a painting.
alissavb
Those are all incredible...I love your work with the pen, I hate using pen with a passion, I can never seem to get it to look decent, but you did a great job. Nice! Smile
alezunde
alissavb wrote:
Those are all incredible...I love your work with the pen, I hate using pen with a passion, I can never seem to get it to look decent, but you did a great job. Nice! Smile

Thank you! Pens take a lot of patience and control, and they can be rather frustrating sometimes. I like them because they are such a clean medium.

Here are a few more works in progress:

A portrait of the character from my comic page:

Just a landscape, practising with paints:
alezunde
Another WIP. I have a lot of WIPs because I am constantly moving back and forth between them.

Alie
Want to see your Black Plague doctor coloured too! Plz Twisted Evil
alezunde
I will post my last WIP as a finished version as soon as it is done showing at a local gallery.

In the meantime, here is another WIP for you all to enjoy:

P.S. Alie: I am thinking on how to approach the Plague Doctor colorwise, so sit tight. Smile
CivilizeD
Good new additions keep it up.
Annush_K
The last one is my favourite of all, methinks. Can't wait to see it finished :3
alezunde
Finished!

Also finished!

Enjoy!
spyborg0
Nice Pictures Guys
alezunde

another work in progress
Alie
I like your hand-rock idea. Judge is pretty serious Twisted Evil Like it also!
Let's see your last work and...
And I'm sitting tight already Laughing
Aimewitue
i truly love the last one you post,it's amazing
wernichtfragt
my first impression: this got to have something to do with "Battle Angel - ALITA" am i right??

nice work esp the colored pieces
Sipe
oh, you are so good! really nice. I like the last one maby the most. And 7. and 8. is really good too! Smile
catscratches
VERY WELL DONE! I love your style!
prole
Surprised impressive drawings Exclamation
annapurnatraders
all artworks are really nice. all unique and great job.

ni