FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Will This Work?

TurboPerformance
i am planing to host a php mysql ipb forum here at frihost just wondering if it will work ok or not?
Blaster
www.frihost.com/tos

Please read the tos first.

From what i understand to hot an ipb you have to go through a long proccess and ask for premission from bondings.
nilsmo
You gave him the wrong link, it's http://www.frihost.com/tos.php

Terms of Service wrote:
A) The following is strictly forbidden on our servers [...]
6. vBulletin, IPB and other paid forums/software.

You can, however, use phpBB.
gh0stface
nilsmo wrote:
You gave him the wrong link, it's http://www.frihost.com/tos.php

Terms of Service wrote:
A) The following is strictly forbidden on our servers [...]
6. vBulletin, IPB and other paid forums/software.

You can, however, use phpBB.

There are exceptions, such as if you can really provide that you have a license declaring that you legally own it. However most people who use IPB on a free host tend to have an illegal nulled version.

So if you have a legit copy, PM Bondings with the proof. He's the judge, jury, executioner of this site.
Blaster
gh0stface wrote:
So if you have a legit copy, PM Bondings with the proof. He's the judge, jury, executioner of this site.

DON'T pm him. Post in the Request an Account Change forum. Bondings will read it and then he will talk to you about it. Just tell him you have a leagle version and all.
the zephyrus
If by legal you mean one of the older versions that Invision released for free, those are grey areas. But they're giant security risks anyways.
Edas
sorry guys, but what is IPB? Is it an Invision Pro Board? I'm really new here but I'm in learning process, now and ever! hehe
fizzo
Yes its Invision Power Board I think its not Free. So it wont be allowed it here at frihost.
mathiaus
the zephyrus wrote:
If by legal you mean one of the older versions that Invision released for free, those are grey areas. But they're giant security risks anyways.

The previous versions are legal if you downloaded it from their site before the time they changed to paid (even though they previously promised not to Evil or Very Mad ). As this can't be proved, they are still not allowed to be hosted on Frihost.
-close-