FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Friends vs. Strangers

pampoon
Basically, do you think it's better to start off a relationship after just meeting someone, or is it better to have relationships with people that you have been friends with for a while?
S3nd K3ys
For short (no pun intended) term excitement, I'd say new aquaints are fine.

For lasting committment like I have with my wife of 12+ years and friend of 25+ years, I'd say get to know them real well first.

Wink
vinx_18
It depends on the two people meant to be together. There are people who start off their relationship in the internet, phone, cellphone, activities or other means. I mean, it doesn't matter how you see each other, how you were acquainted, how did you meet. What matter most is the commitment for each other.
just-in
pampoon wrote:
Basically, do you think it's better to start off a relationship after just meeting someone, or is it better to have relationships with people that you have been friends with for a while?

Strangers are better than the friendly devils!
guugu
i dont want to ruin long friendship with starting relationship with her...
so id likely rather start relationship with "stranger" who i have just met but i know that i may like her
all-australian-reject
ive been with my girlfriend for almost 3 years now and the first thing i ever said to her face to face was "do you wana go out?". SO i guess technically we were strangers and look how it turned out. WE were a perfect match for eacother.
We had talked quite a bit over the internet before but never face to face. And once we started going out it was very slow. I guess we had the title of "dating" over our head but really we were only getting to know eachother as if we were friends. After a long length of this just getting to know eachother it meant we had really strong foundations to move our relationship further and we are really strong from that!
So i guess we were strangers?
just-in
Quote:
ive been with my girlfriend for almost 3 years now and the first thing i ever said to her face to face was "do you wana go out?". SO i guess technically we were strangers and look how it turned out. WE were a perfect match for eacother.
We had talked quite a bit over the internet before but never face to face. And once we started going out it was very slow. I guess we had the title of "dating" over our head but really we were only getting to know eachother as if we were friends. After a long length of this just getting to know eachother it meant we had really strong foundations to move our relationship further and we are really strong from that!
So i guess we were strangers?

You are right.

Any frienship starts between two strangers and its upto u to continue the relationship or not thats it.
molif
well, actually depends..

dating with someone new is nice and exciting but at the same time, if u r lucky, that someone is not pervert or sick minded person with full of dark secrets..

while dating with a friend makes u feel more secure however, u will start tinking whether u shud date her more without any jeopardy when comes to friendships..
Captain Fertile
I have to say that friends are better than strangers from my experience. Most of my girlfriends including my wife were friends before I started dating them.

In many cases they were work colleagues.

Only a handful of my girlfriends with whom I had a real relationship were strangers, actually thinking back I can only recall one or two. The rest of the strangers just became one-night stands and I never started up a true relationship with them – a bad admission but I was young and stupid then.

Also maybe I am pretty dull looking and people had to become my friends and get to know me before they could find me attractive, who knows?