FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suicides, a way out or just stupid? What do you think?

Suicide? Can you see a point in it and understand?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 35 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 77

catscratches
I'm totaly upset at everbody who thinks people who commit suicide is stupid. They just don't see and has not been in the mood of thinking that 'life is not worth living' anytime. And you has not or had any friend who has commited suicide/been close to you don't just get it. Myself I've thought about suicide two times but I won't do it because of thinking of my friends(both 2) and family.
I'm hurting myself and can't stop. I know I'm pathetic and maybe mad but not stupid. I actually am one of the best pupils in my class, not to brag but it's true, at least in most theoretical subjects. So do you think suicide is stupid?
Daisie
You are not really asking for a poll are you ?
Your post sound more like an S.O.S to me..
Havent you got a councellor or someone you could talk about all this close to you? at school maybe?
You sound like you could use some help to sort some issues...
gh0stface
I can see suicide as an option if you were terminally ill, such as if your body was ravished by cancer and have no hopes of recovering and you were writhing in pain.

However, the way you think suicide is a plausible answer is just plain stupid. If you been in the mood of thinking that "live is not worth living" then you need to see someone. That is what they call depression.
Captain Fertile
While I believe suicide is a stupid waste of a life I can understand perfectly when people begin to feel death is their only way out.

People need to appreciate how much desperation and courage it takes to take your own life – yes it takes more courage to go on living in these situations but it is still difficult, the 'easy' way out is noever so easy.

Someone usually has to actually sit down and plan how they are going to do it, organise for it (notes etc) and then actually go ahead and do something they know is at the very least is probably going to hurt and if all goes ‘well' is going to kill them is the definition of desperation.

Don’t underestimate how much that takes to carry out.

If anyone is seriously, and I mean seriously, thinking of doing this they need to find help as soon as possible. Tell a close friend, family member or doctor or if you can’t feel able to approach these people then find a public forum like this one and talk about it in perfect anonymity.

Simply talking about it (or writing about it) can make a deal of difference and if you get good supportive advice you might find some you are happy to take – just ignore anyone who doesn’t take you seriously or says anything hurtful.

For people who are told by someone they may be suicidal, tread carefully, don't just tell the person to 'pull themselves together and stop being stupid', just listen, be sympathetic and if you aren't sure what to say just ask the person not to try anything until they have talked to someone else or you can get back to them after seeking advise elsewhere.

For those people who are not serious about suicide and use it as some kind of tool for attention, for whatever reason, shame on you. This is a whole different kettle of fish. Never ever attempt to commit suicide and hope you will be found and attention lavished on you – too many people die this way.

To sum-up, suicide is a terrible waste (and things can always get better) but I do understand when some people turn to it.

Anyone in the UK feeling suicidal or knows someone else who feels this way should visit The Samaritans any time of day or night, seven days a week at http://www.samaritans.org/ (you can email them)
or
Phone: 08457 90 90 90 (local call rate)

(Maybe some of our posters from other countries can offer alternative contact details for similar organisations world-wide).

It really could make a difference, nobody judges you and it is all in complete confidentiality.
guugu
im sry but i dont see any point at commit suicide... I understand that sometimes life kicks your head but suicide aint making it any better... it just remove pain inside you for ppl who cares about you.

like Fertile said... "things can always get better"

talking with other people helps
hack_man_
Think about Africa! They are miserable and slowly starving to death, they are the ones who want to die. You think that your life is worse than theirs? You are lucky! Don't waste the life you were lucky enough to have! Make the best of it, and if you can't... See a doctor or a councilor, they can help.

But stay away from the councilors that speak to you like you are 3. (You are Fred) "How are you Fred? How does Fred feel? Does Fred have issues?" The councilor talking about you in the 3rd person creates the sub-conscious sense that you are not there, thus sub-consciously furthering your state of misery.

But the best thing to do to ease your suffering... Laugh. Just sit there howling your head off. Buy some Peter Kay videos!
darvit
I learned from psych class that suicidal thoughts are caused by chemical imbalances in the brain, mostly due to biological factors, or from taking the wrong medication. I'm still pretty skeptical about this, but oh well, science is science.

Back in my senior year in high school, there was this girl from another school who committed suicide. Her reason? She threatened her boyfriend that she would kill herself, and the guy then said, "Ok, then kill yourself!"

She took it seriously!

Life is precious. Don't take it away just like that. Sad

There is another way out!

Easier said than done, but I really really do think that there's always going to be a way out of anything.. If you really put your heart and mind into it, you will find a solution.

If you're depressed, get out and soak up in the sun. Or exercise. Count your blessings!<--this really works]... Or something.

You have options! Ask for help. Very Happy Be positive. Bless you. Smile

For anyone living in the US, visit http://www.hopeline.com or call 1-(800)-SUICIDE.
catscratches
I'm atheist. And when you're in that mood, you rarely can think as normal.
arkebuzer
catscratches wrote:
I'm totaly upset at everbody who thinks people who commit suicide is stupid. They just don't see and has not been in the mood of thinking that 'life is not worth living' anytime. And you has not or had any friend who has commited suicide/been close to you don't just get it. Myself I've thought about suicide two times but I won't do it because of thinking of my friends(both 2) and family.
I'm hurting myself and can't stop. I know I'm pathetic and maybe mad but not stupid. I actually am one of the best pupils in my class, not to brag but it's true, at least in most theoretical subjects. So do you think suicide is stupid?

Sure it´s an easy way out- For you!
But I still think it can be extremely selfish, since a lot of people more than you are affected by your decission.
Straevaras
It is very selfish. Despite how desperate you might be, I always believe that there is a better way out that doesn't involve death. You just have to be optimistic enough, and believe in yourself, too. That's always important.
catscratches
Don't worry. I won't commit suicide. I'm not selfish. Actually I do almost care more about my surroundings and others than myself.
achowles
In a very small number of cases... maybe. If there really is genuinely nothing left to live for, such as terminal sickness, then I understand.

If anyone else feels that they have nothing left to lose then that's the way that they should look at it: that they've got nothing left to lose.

So why not try and get what they want out of life instead of simply ending it? They don't have anything to lose after all...
shwetanshu
well evn i thought of suicide wen i cudnt get admission in a good college... but i talked about it wid my frnds and believe me thats the stupid thing one cud evr do Confused
reddishblue
Its quite possibly the stupidest thing anyone could ever do.
1. What about their family/friends
2. As said above so many people have it worse
3. Think about the difference you could make if you really try
4. Even if you are not doing well in life, assuming this is stuff like being in heavy debt, try and negotiate it and see what you can come up with
But most importantly
Go see a psychiatrist and a good one too
FinnyJohnnish
Having been there and back several times myself, the thing is that once you're at that point (at least if it's depression induced) you really feel like the worst thing in the world. At that point it's probably one of two main thoughts: 1) I really am worthless so why do I need to be here or 2) ****** the world, if it keeps kicking me when I'm down then I'm going to spite it. It may sound stupid to anyone who hasn't fallen that far, but when you're they, it's one of the only things that makes sense. Sure your life may not be as mad as starving children in Africa, but a lot of you are probably privlidged enough to not have gone through other types of hardships in your life. And some people do look for help and that doesn't always work. For some people it's like a train is plummeting off a cliff and either you can wait in terror until you hit bottom hoping that maybe something will save you or stop the thing yourself. I'm not condoing it, but please don't just shoot your mouth off and be like ''That's stupid!'' without thinking about what it actually takes for people to get there.
Helios
According to my religion, I'm not allowed to commit suicide Razz
ncwdavid
My girlfriend broke up with me yesterday and i really felt like killing myself, but im alright now.
ryuchix
only stupid people will say Suicide is the answer for their problems. problems are just trials given by GOD. He has plan for us.
madsencarl
Helios wrote:
According to my religion, I'm not allowed to commit suicide Razz

one of the many cons of religion.

well, i've thought about suicide a lot, really wanted to a couple times, but too chicken to go through with it, and i'd miss all the people i love. i'm good now, but my girl's kinda going emo on me.
catscratches
I really hate religion... It's all so fake... Anyway I have someone to talk about it with which I trust in. She won't tell anyone. It helped me a lot. It always helps to write or talk about it. Internet is good, because you can be anonymous, but also that's the bad thing with talking of it at the Internet. Because it's much better to talk to someone you know. But that's also much harder to do... You really need to trust him/her.
RallyMonkey
Suicide is just another form of survival of the strongest. Everytime someone commits suicide, it just strengthens the gene pool.
SpellcasterDX
I see no point in it. It's just a way out for people that have so many problems in life. It seems stupid to kill yourself to get away from your problems. It's better to overcome them and get on with your life than to end yourself just to get rid of your problems in life.
Hobbit
After hearing Close To Home's story and how they lost a member, I now think suicide is pretty retarded. Other people are fighting to live, while others just commit suicide? It doesn't make sense. http://myspace.com/cth check out their blog to see what I mean.
Ghost Rider103
Well, I can see a point in some suicides, like if you are a prisioner of War, or osmething like that. But suicide for anything else, is plain stupid, in some ways atleast.

It's obvious that people that commit suicide are babies, and can't handle real life, so their easy way out of it, is to kill themselves. So to me, that is plain stupid, and is being a big baby. Most people make life hard for themselves. For instence, "Hurting" themselves because they got dumped buy their gf/bf. So they hurt themselves and making it seem like life is the worst.

To me, if your going to hurt yourself, your a f***ing idiot. There is no point in hurting yourself, if your going to hurt yourself and make it seem like life is terrible, then be one of them, and kill yourself already. It will make most of our lives easier without having to listen to the people whine about life because they cut themselves, or do whatever they might do to themselves.

But if you really do have a problem with hurting yourself, either kill yourself and get it over with and stop being a p***y, or get some serious help.
Keran
I myself think that suicide is not the only option, but thats cause i always find another way out of my problems. But i can imagine that people that commit suicides are not able to find any other way out by themselves, so i understand them.
And i hope that everyone will always be able to find a way out of a problem, if not by themselves, then let other people help you.
reddishblue
RallyMonkey wrote:
Suicide is just another form of survival of the strongest. Everytime someone commits suicide, it just strengthens the gene pool.

What are you talking about?
wumingsden
I personally think that suicide is one's choice. If they wish to kill themselves then let them, however, try and help them get over the feeling that they have to die, first. In my opinion it should only be kept as a last option. However, I also think that people that do kill themselves, and are depressed, are a little foolish. Reason being that everyone gets depressed once in a while.

I'm also a hypocrite when it comes to criminals (in jail) that wish to kill themself. I think they did the crime so they should pay the time, but I also think that if they want to die then just let them (as it costs the taxpayer way too much money to house and feed these criminals, which include murderers, mass-murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc).

My stance on people that wish to die because of a terminal illnesses however is straight-forward. I myself am terminally ill (supposedly; a verryyy long story) but do not wish to kill myself. I have thought about killing myself, or rather thought about what it would be like not be to alive) and have spoke with my mother about euthanasia (she utterly refuses to help me die if I ask her).
I think if I person wants to die because of a terminal illness then they should be able to, by law. I also think that another person should be able to help someone die (euthanasia) without having to face teh consequences of manslaughter.
Panthrowzay
I can understand it and just cause you talk about suicide doesnt mean you need help. Some people do others just need something to talk about!!

I dont think its good for people to commit suicide but i can understand why in most cases.

Everyone has had moments when they say "sometimes i wish i was never born" doesnt mean they are suicidial it just means that they have had a bad day so if thats considered "suicidial" they EVERYONE IN THE WORLD is!!
Inferno619
No, I cannot understand the point of comitting suicide. Sure, sometimes in your life you may feel depressed, or that you feel that you aren't going anywhere in your life. But you still have a chance to get better. I don't really like the idea of throwing your life away at all.
bartdou
yes sometimes we need to die, because living is suffering, suiciding is a respection to the live, die is part of live,
vesves
depress then go to die? its stupid,i read someone post ,if u got an unrecovable sickness,i will go to die instead of draging the people around me and bother them...since im gona die , i will not stay anylonger, just die with respect , if depression , go somewhere with alot of people,see what the people are doing ,it really help ,because i almost killed my self off before XD ...just cant think positively with the depress covered up my heart..

erm i will not die over depression, well yea that is stupid...throwing ur life off y dun i do something which will be part of my history XD alot of things are better tehn suicide
FinnyJohnnish
i see that not very many of you have actually gone into a downward spiral of depression.
palavra
catscratches wrote:

if you have opportunity , get a long trip to a different culture.
LostOverThere
Well, depression runs in my family, some members of our family have committed suicide. It's very sad.
When people commit suicide, they're not like you or I. With depression, you feel like there is no way out of life, you feel unloved, like no-one cares. Depression is a very serious illness, you feel life is pointless sometimes.

Suicide seems dumb to people who are not depressed, but to those of us who are seriously depressed, sometimes, we feel like that we don't have a choice.
amusic
It's is definitely stupid. Who can 100% sure that the 2nd life will be better than current one? There are still a lot of things that we can do in our current life unless you really can't do anything and meaningless.
FinnyJohnnish
amusic wrote:
It's is definitely stupid. Who can 100% sure that the 2nd life will be better than current one? There are still a lot of things that we can do in our current life unless you really can't do anything and meaningless.

how do you know there is a second life? leave religion out of this for a moment and think of your most depressing time in your life. now imagine it 10000x worse. now imagine being surrounded by blackness. now imagine you can feel no love, no joy, nothing but sorrow.

you can't, because some people just think differently and react differently. just don't make generalizations aobut something that has never really affected your life.
Captain Fertile
The frustrating thing about this subject is that nobody can understand depression, true depression unless they have experienced it themselves. Of course some people will just think this statement is not true but I’m afraid it is.

Feeling blue or down IS NOT depression and its not even close.

I used to think depression sufferers were weak people who did not have the correct outlook on life but this is not the case. I used to pity them and feel an anger towards them for their weakness. I even feared them a little to because of the misconception that they were going to ‘flip out’ and cause damage to themselves, me or those I love. Again, I have discovered this is not true.

When true depression hits, suicide does not seem such an extreme solution – this does not mean you need succumb to it and most sufferers don’t.

You have to ride those feelings out (or develop your own coping strategy) – this is a simple thing to type or say but when those depression clouds roll in nothing else in the world matters, just the dark empty feeling that permeates every fibre of your being.

Depression sufferers will understand this; those who do not understand have probably not experienced the hopelessness of true deep depression.
catscratches
Well, I AM going in a downward spiral of depression. I hurt myself more and more. But I apologise if I seem like a suicider i my post. I've always been bad at expressing myself, especially in english cause I'm from Sweden.
FinnyJohnnish
at least you don't have to express your feelings suomeksi. in finland the only way i can express my nergative feelings is by saying "vittu" tai "vitun paskaa". on a side note, tiedätkö suomea?
mstreet
I believe in the right to die but just plane suicide is the most selfish thing that someone can do. I understand when someone is ill and suffering that is one thing but when one is desperate and lonely there are better ways and lots of help out there
ThornsOfSorrow
I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering, catscratches. I've been there too, and I know that it's horrible to deal with.

With that being said, I once suffered from severe depression to the point where I was suicidal. In the three years that it lasted, I spent some time talking to a psychiatrist, trying out different medications, and struggling with the notion that suicide was the only way out. The psychiatrist only made me angry and more depressed, and the medicine either didn't help or it made me worse. A word of warning to anyone considering getting a prescription for Prozac: one of its side effects is that it can cause suicidal thoughts. Because of this, I abandoned the idea of medicine altogether and cut down on seeing my psychiatrist. I wanted to deal with my problem by myself, without dragging down any of my friends or family members, and without wasting my parents money on a psychiatrist who only made things worse. Anyway, those three years were hell; I have the scars to show for it. I'm not proud, but I no longer try to hide them; they're a part of my past, and I refuse to be ashamed of that. I thought about suicide everyday, but I didn't have the strength to actually end my life.

For people who have never dealt with depression, suicide is not thought of as something that requires strength, but anyone who's ever lifted a knife to their throat or sat in bed with a handful of pills, and who hasn't been able to finish the deed knows that it does require strength. So no, I don't think it's stupid; for some people, it's necessary. There's no point in just drifting through life without enjoying even a single minute of each day. As some people already stated, it's hard for people to understand this if they're not depressed, but for those who have dealt with depression, severe or otherwise, it's a very plausible solution.

And for the record, I don't usually share such personal stories as the one above, but as I've been successful in fighting off depression, and I've been happy for over nine months now, I feel like this is an appropriate situation in which I can talk about something in the past.
mceejaydee
Some people think that they just can't live anymore. Some people just want attention. But suicide IMO is stupid depending on why they want to commit suicide. If someone wants to kill themself just because they just broke up with their lover I think it's just stupid. But when it comes to being poor, all of your family just died, living on the streets and you're an amputee and you can't turn back, and you just want a way out of this, just kill yourself.
cybernie
i still don't get it until now why some of our brothers resort to committing suicide as a way of escaping from the trials we encounter. it seems that the don't realize the real worth of life and they don't value it. being born a christian and raised in a family with high regard to life, it saddens me to see how lives of some individuals are being wasted in just blink of an eye.

i don't think problems could be a reason to end someone's life... they need to be resolved...
catscratches
Actually, the life isn't wasted in the blink of an eye. Even if you're very depressed you think of it a long time before actually doing it. It's not only the second you die that is the process...
catscratches
Hmmmm, saffron seems intresting. Just 10g to kill a person Smile But I think I'd rather jump.
Captain Fertile
catscratches wrote:
Hmmmm, saffron seems intresting. Just 10g to kill a person Smile But I think I'd rather jump.

Good grief! 12 Years as a chef in my early years and I never knew this. After reading what you posted I checked it out and it is true. And after such as small amount too.
Soulfire
For the reasons you list, suicide is dumb. And, actually, it's illegal - so if you try to kill yourself, and fail, you could be facing the law for it. Shocked
woundedhealer
Captain Fertile wrote:
The frustrating thing about this subject is that nobody can understand depression, true depression unless they have experienced it themselves. Of course some people will just think this statement is not true but I’m afraid it is.

I used to think depression sufferers were weak people who did not have the correct outlook on life but this is not the case. I used to pity them and feel an anger towards them for their weakness. I even feared them a little to because of the misconception that they were going to ‘flip out’ and cause damage to themselves, me or those I love. Again, I have discovered this is not true.

When true depression hits, suicide does not seem such an extreme solution – this does not mean you need succumb to it and most sufferers don’t.

You have to ride those feelings out (or develop your own coping strategy) – this is a simple thing to type or say but when those depression clouds roll in nothing else in the world matters, just the dark empty feeling that permeates every fibre of your being.

Depression sufferers will understand this; those who do not understand have probably not experienced the hopelessness of true deep depression.

I can totally understand this. I suffer clinical depression due to my disability. Most of the time I'm OK, but sometimes something happens and sends me back into that dark hole. I am not the suicidal type and I don't do things as a cry for help, but I can understand those who do. It's impossible for people who have never suffered depression to understand what's going on in a deppresive persons head.

Catscratches - you need someone who can help you deal with whatever is causing you to self-harm.
wumingsden
woundedhealer wrote:
Captain Fertile wrote:

I can totally understand this. I suffer clinical depression due to my disability. Most of the time I'm OK, but sometimes something happens and sends me back into that dark hole. I am not the suicidal type and I don't do things as a cry for help, but I can understand those who do. It's impossible for people who have never suffered depression to understand what's going on in a deppresive persons head.

I feel the exact same way. I would never say that I'm depressed, I would say I'm "feeling a little low". This happens when I'm feeling like crap, or recieve bad test results.

I personally don't think that deprssion is much of big deal, as everyone goes through it at one time or another. However, it does slightly annoy me when depressed people have absolutely nothing to be depressed about.
woundedhealer
Quote:
I personally don't think that deprssion is much of big deal, as everyone goes through it at one time or another. However, it does slightly annoy me when depressed people have absolutely nothing to be depressed about.

First, I can assure you that depression is not just a big deal, its a huge deal. Young people hurt themselves as the only way they can find to deal with the way they feel. That is a very big deal.

Depression is a mental illness. I'm not talking about depression because someone has just got dumped. That's hurtful, it's degrading, it's being rejected, but it's something that can be got over without medication or counselling. Someone with clinical depression needs help to deal with it. It is unfortunate that in a very few cases, people see suicide as the only way out. They are not thinking rationally when they commit suicide, and it is a terrible waste of a prescious life. It's unfortnate that mental illness is not seen as real illness. It's unfortunate that people with mental illness should made to feel stigmatised. From a personal point of you, I can tell you that people who ask me about my physical disability would not be interested in hearing about my depression, even if I were willing to talk about it.
Captain Fertile
woundedhealer wrote:

First, I can assure you that depression is not just a big deal, its a huge deal. Young people hurt themselves as the only way they can find to deal with the way they feel. That is a very big deal.

Depression is a mental illness. I'm not talking about depression because someone has just got dumped. That's hurtful, it's degrading, it's being rejected, but it's something that can be got over without medication or counselling. Someone with clinical depression needs help to deal with it. It is unfortunate that in a very few cases, people see suicide as the only way out. They are not thinking rationally when they commit suicide, and it is a terrible waste of a prescious life. It's unfortnate that mental illness is not seen as real illness. It's unfortunate that people with mental illness should made to feel stigmatised. From a personal point of you, I can tell you that people who ask me about my physical disability would not be interested in hearing about my depression, even if I were willing to talk about it.

Bravo! There speaks someone with a clear understanding of true depression and not merely the 'feeling down' everyone feels some time in their life.

Depression casts a cloud over every aspect of your life not just for days, weeks or months but for years and perhaps your entire life.

It doesn't make you feel like taking a day off work it ruins your career, it doesn't just ruin your day it changes your life and the lives of your closest family too. It can rob you of years of your life if you don't do something about it.

I'm not just using these words to enforce my argument or be poetic, it really is that bad. It hits EVERY aspect of your life.

Four years ago I had a GREAT job, a new wife and and young baby - everything was going great until I allowed depression to get the better of me. Now I have no career, I have missed the early years of my son's life in a bubble of depression and been the loneliest man alive while sourrounded by the most loving family around.

Telling me I am stupid or to watch a funny movie to cheer myself up would not have done anything for me. Someone who said that to my face would have received the derision they deserved and it would have shown their clear ignorance of the condition. An ignorance I shared with them prior to me experiencing depression first-hand.

I have never tried to commit suicide but the idea of death did not seem something to dread, at times it would have been welcome.

In my early twenties (before any kind of depression waas diagnosed) I came very close to suicide. I researched long and hard to find the easiest, least painful way of doing it, I booked a hotel room (I didn't want my relatives finding me), I bought the items I needed (I wont go into details here) but when it came to the point of writing my last notes to loved ones I broke down and realised I could not do it because of them, thank God I had loved ones around me otherwise I would not be here today. Some people are not so fortunate.

So I can understand 100% how much strength as well as desperation it takes to actually see the job through.

Depression is an illness and it robs society of some of its most gifted members who prehaps would have the most to offer - it seems to hit brighter people and the most artistic. I am not saying that all depressives fall into these catagories so please don't think I am on any ego-trip here.

So to those who think they know what depression is and then pass it off as something to just shrug off I say this, I don't care if someone is even classed as an expert on depression by passing exams and taking courses - you cannot understand and define depression (again I am talking about true depression) until it hits YOU!

Now I am fighting back and starting to win the battle but there is still a long battle ahead of me which one day I will win - whatever the definition of victory may be.

You cannot understand but that does not mean you cannot care.
apple
I think only a person in such a position or has been is qualified to answer this question....

it is easy for us (as people) to judge and point fingers at others, and say wot's right and wot's wrong....

but only "the person who's wearing the show, knows how it fits"
wumingsden
woundedhealer wrote:
Quote:

I'm not defining depression as wanting to kill yourself, when I say it's not much of a big deal. I believe that there are levels of depression.

My mother was diagnosed with manic depression 14 years ago, after she had a brain haemorrhage (and consequently undergone brain surgery where they removed a part of her brain). She was on medication but came off it about 7 years ago. The last year however has been very bad. Because of her previous problems she has had major headaches, been fainting, feeling sick, gone temp. blind/deaf, etc. on a few occasions. Five weeks ago she took on overdose. She is now back on tablets to try and stable her depression. Now, in my opinion, my mum doesn't have any real problems in her life to be depressed, and I think that the problem resides in the brain haemorrhage that she had a while ago.

Now onto me. I am seriously ill, and have been told that I am terminally ill (although I don't believe my doctors when they keep on telling me this over and over again. After apparantly recovering from a terminal illness a number of times I don't have the time to start believing them now) Wink
Sometimes I wonder as to what it would be like if I was dead, especially in times of great pain due to my illnesses. I've thought about how I would like to die, and when I've been a bit down I've mentally planned how I would do it. Do you think this is depression? You see, I don't. Although I think that I have a more-than-valid reason to be depressed, I just see it as being a bit low. Me feeling like this doesn't happen very often so it doesn't affect me much. I do have a psychiatrist, although personally don't feel that I need one.

Two of my girlfriends at college used to cut their wrists, thank god they do not do it anymore. I didn't know them when they did do it but I speak to them about the experience that they both had of doing it. Looking back on it, they both see it as a really stupid thing to do and feel that they had no valid reason to do it (the reasons they come up with were things like breaking up with boyfriends, feeling alone, etc).

So see, I have 1st hand experience of what people may call depression, but in my opinion everyone still gets depressed (the extent obviously varies in each case).

P.S - I'm a very unique [I have never cut myself] emo.

Edit:

I realised that I didn't conclude. In my opinion me and my mother have reasons to be depressed (if that is what we have been diagnosed with) due to actual physical problems.
Comparing that with my two friends who used to self-harm themselves, I don't think that they have a valid reason to be depressed.
woundedhealer
Wumingsden - You don't need a valid reason to have clinical depression, although, like manic depression, there can be a trigger. I agree with Captain Fertile, some people are more prone to it than others. It must be very difficult for you, having a mother with manic depression. Manic depression is different to clinical depression. For one thing, we don't have the bouts of euphoria. Manic depression is mostly genetic, and it can be triggerd by stressful events or illness.

In both cases the sufferer may not realise what is wrong with them and may also go into denial. You probably don't want sympathy for your circumstances, so I shall respect this. There is one thing I do know, and that is you are probably in denial yourself right now. I know because I have been there myself. I'll just send you my good wishes.

Captain Fertile -
Quote:

First let me say, what a wonderful statement. All you can do is take one day at a time. Each day you get through is an achievement that takes you one step closer to your goal.
wumingsden
woundedhealer wrote:
Wumingsden - You don't need a valid reason to have clinical depression, although, like manic depression, there can be a trigger. I agree with Captain Fertile, some people are more prone to it than others. It must be very difficult for you, having a mother with manic depression. Manic depression is different to clinical depression. For one thing, we don't have the bouts of euphoria. Manic depression is mostly genetic, and it can be triggerd by stressful events or illness.

In both cases the sufferer may not realise what is wrong with them and may also go into denial. You probably don't want sympathy for your circumstances, so I shall respect this. There is one thing I do know, and that is you are probably in denial yourself right now. I know because I have been there myself. I'll just send you my good wishes.

Captain Fertile -
Quote:

First let me say, what a wonderful statement. All you can do is take one day at a time. Each day you get through is an achievement that takes you one step closer to your goal.

I'm not in denial about being depressed, believe me. Right now I am the happiest I've ever been.
As for the valid reason thing, I know there doesn't have to be a valid reason, I just personally think there should be one. In my opinion something must happen in order for someone to become depresed, what that reason is will obviously vary from person to person (with depression). I also think that some reasons are not valid, especially when it involves things like self-harming.
corl45
suecides? i'd say both
skygaia
I can't understand the people who try to suicide or determin to do that.
I'm sure that all of them have very very serious problems. And they couldn't find out to solve the problems....
But... death is the end? What about peopole remaining...

I think it need very big encouragement to suicide... Why do people try to live well with that encouragement.
I didn't want to be born this world... I didn't have any choice for the my birth.. it belong to only God..........
I know.. I couldn't totally understand the people who want to die.. but.. just think more...
ThornsOfSorrow
wumingsden wrote:

As for the valid reason thing, I know there doesn't have to be a valid reason, I just personally think there should be one. In my opinion something must happen in order for someone to become depresed, what that reason is will obviously vary from person to person (with depression). I also think that some reasons are not valid, especially when it involves things like self-harming.

The valid reason is most often genetics. A person can't force themselves to feel happy just because they lead decent lives with no troubles besides feeling depressed. In my opinion, being depressed "for no reason" is often worse than feeling sad over the death of a family member, a break-up, etc. This is because the pain of tragic events will often fade away, no matter how bad they were; inherited depression usually lasts much longer. People can't help the way they feel, so it doesn't make sense to get mad at them for being sad "for no reason".
andy26
catscratches wrote:

*section removed by user* what the hell is the point why commit suicide my number is up when its up and now is not the time i can make a go at life again rebuild on every thing and i have built on everything or u need to do is build up the strength and will power and you can over come anything even suicde if you dont like how your life is going then change it dont end it only you have the power to change your life so change it insted of commiting suicde whats the point come on really nothing is worht dieing for nothing yea even i could think of reasons to die for but whats the point have a go at life make the best of it change what you dont like nothing i life has to involve death. i clould go on forever but i will leave it there simply why commit suicde nothing is worth taking your own life nothing and wheather you beleive or not your gonna come back again anyway and dont she that as a way of decideing to kill yourself coz starting a whole new life is harder than just changeing your ways now remember only you have the power to change your life you no one else you yourself as one indidual person you make your life what you want it to be and you can make it thorugh anything so find the power in yourself to live and change what is causeing yourself to commit suicde
saratdear
I agree with what gh0stface said, it could seem like the only way out if you have something like a terminal illness, and has absolutely no hope of recovery. Then it would be better to commit suicide than suffering the pain and also being a hindrance to others.
bdoneck
Some people believe that at times life is not worth living but I disagree passionately. Life can be very bad at times and some people have a very hard time with things happening to them, but suicide is murder. I look at suicide as one attempting to murder oneself which is why Christians consider it a sin and it is an instant ticket to hell. God gave everyone the gift of life and making the judgment that life is not worth living is telling God that he did a terrible job. Suicide is simply a quick and easy way out of pain and a terrible choice.
andy26
saratdear wrote:
I agree with what gh0stface said, it could seem like the only way out if you have something like a terminal illness, and has absolutely no hope of recovery. Then it would be better to commit suicide than suffering the pain and also being a hindrance to others.

This is the only time i would say suicde would be exceptable
2eXtreme
OKAY *breathes in*

i never understood people who commit suicide. in my opinion, life is just one big crazy rollercoaster ride, and we should make the most of it. it may seem self centred, but at the end of teh day, everything comes down to you. like you have to understand that you will diappoint people, you will break hearts, you may commit an awful crime, but at the end of the day, the guilt of those things should not result in you taking your own life. even if youve had your heart broke, and feel so so bad, like its the end of the world, you should take a second to appreiate the pain your feeling. you should take a second to appreciate how beatiful it is. you should appreciate how amazing life and teh human body are. when your standing at a bus stop in teh middle of january, at 7am, and its windy and raining you should just accept teh cold and teh wet. cherish teh feeling of teh freezing rain dripping down your face. be amazed at how the water is drawn to teh earth. be amazed at how your body shivers, to keep itself warm. okay your suit might be ruined, but its nothing a wash wont fix lol. instead of being obssesed with money your whole life, take as many breaks as you can, travel teh world. see and appreciate teh many diferent walks of life taht there is. if people can see teh beauty in a sunset off venice beach, why cant they appreciate the sigh of a tornado destroying everythign in its path? theyre both as beautiful imo. appreciate teh feeling of excitement and fear you get when your about to tell your patents you got an 'f' in school, because someday youll look back when your in your office, and wish you could feel those feelings of excitement again. get up from your bed and go for a walk at 4am, its not illegal! do crazy weird obscure things, you onyl have 1 life! ONE! after this there will be no other! even if youve watched your family die horribly around you, fear not, youll see them again in heaven. make teh most of this little messed up world while you still can, theres so much beauty in its ugly realities Very Happy
CyanEyed
im not saying suicide is right, because i personally dont believe it is, but i can see where people who are suicidal are coming from. its when life gets too much for them to bear, they want out of all the pain. because that pain isnt physical, its emotional, and unless the cause of that pain magically dissapears, that pain gets worse and worse until the person cant stand it anymore. and in that moment of rage, pain and general overload of emotions they do something like slit their wrists, and they immediately regret it but ts too late to do anything.

its similar to people who self harm (cutting), they overload with emotions and they cut to for a release. the science behind it is that the brain releases endorphins or something like that, and gives them a release from the pain.
Agent ME
Suicide might seem like a great idea - but things change.

It might be the next week things are better - or it might be 5 years from then.

And there are too many people in everybody's lives that would be affected.
Clone Rabbit
I believe suicide is as much an escape as an excuse. It really depends on the situation that you're in when you think about committing suicide.
spazbutt32
Ending yourself is never the answer for anyone; most teenagers who do it don't realize that while they feel it's the 'most painless way out' they'll be hurting many more people than they realize.

There's a reason we possess personality, and that's so it can be put to use!

..besides, if you're suicidal you can always get help..
Saryon
Like Clone Rabbit just said (and perhaps other people too), it mainly depends on the situation.
In general, I would say that suicide is the easy way out, and not facing the problems causing it.
For example, I saw an interview with a guy on television somedays ago. The company he worked went broke, and thus he lost his work and didn't find any other work anymore. Now, this guy had 4 childs and a wife. He couldn't stand the misery anymore, and 4 months after the interview, he suicided. Leaving his wife and kids behind. And that's just weak.
That just isn't the solution.

The other case, being terminal ill, suicide might be a solution. If you would only suffer more and more, why not stop it?
jongoldsz
Its definitely a way out. People who commit suicide are depressed because they think they can never improve their life style. For example, if they had a debt and knew that the interest would make it impossible for them to pay it back and that they will never be able to get a better job and that their life is a total mess, they might consider suicide and not have to deal with it.
catscratches
:2eXtreme: Rather funny that you talked about cold. Myhands are ALWAYS cold because of hurting myself. I don't really know why, but they're icecold after I've done it and pretty cold most of the time.

I don't believe in any heaven. Well, I guess I'll soon find out what's after death. I'm just getting worse and worse...

Did U know you can start bleed from the eyelids if poisoned with saffron? Very Happy

I made a nice song about my feelings:

I dunno what I'm living for
Cause I can't take it anymore
When every day is just a pain
Just wanna hang myself in a chain
The ****** scars on my arm
Caused by my self-harm
I'm self-destructive as never before
I don't wanna live anymore

Just jump
Down there
So blood stains everywhere
Just jump
The final step
Toward eternity

Why live? Yes, why?
When a pill can make me die
No reason, to pretend
All problems have an end
No reason, to fight
I know I do the right

Just jump
Down there
Just jump
The final step
Toward eternity

All my life, is a lie
Now all I want is die
To blow out, my brain
The end of all my pain
Can't stand, the noise
This is my last choise

Just jump
Down there
Just jump
The final step
Toward eternity
catscratches
I've "enjoyed" myself translating suicide in wide selection of different languages. As in the famous schlager : "Listan kan bli lång", swedish for "the list can become long" or something...

Quote:
Suicide | Engelska
Suicidio | Spanska
Itsemurha | Finska
Samoubistvo | Bosniska
Vetëvrasje | Albanska
αυτοκτονία | Grekiska
Samoubojstvo| Kroatiska
Cамоубийство| Ryska
Samoubistvo | Serbiska
Isdilid | Somaliska
Intihar | Turkiska
Xwekujî | Nordkurdiska
انتحار | Arabiska
자살 | Koreanska
Selbstmord | Tyska
Zelfmoord | Holländska
自殺 | Japanska
Selvmord | Norska
Selvmord | Danska
Suicídio | Portugisiska
Sjálfsmorð | Isländska
Suicide | Franska
Sebevražda | Tjeckiska
Sinmortigo | Esperanto
Enesetapp | Estniska
Zölfmoord | Lågtyska
Bunuh diri | Indonesiska
Samobójstwo | Polska
Tự sát | Vietnamesiska
Savižudybė | Litauiska
Vetëvrasja | Albanska
Samomor | Slovenska
Суицидологија| Serbiska
Samoubistvo | Serbokroatiska
自殺 | Kantonetiska
خود کشی | Urdu
Öngyilkos | Ungerska
Suicídium | Latin

the languages names are in swedish but wtf, it's too boring translating them all into english.
hunnyhiteshseth
I think commiting suicide is utter stupidity. Those who end their life forget the purpose of life.
According to biology the purpose of life is (in simpler terms):

1) To live upto the maximum amount possible.
2) To reproduce i.e. produce organisms of same kind
3) To prevent own species from extinction

The priority is in above orer.

Proof: self-maintainane is more important than rprouction is demonstrated by the fact that when food resources are scarce reproduction system of very living bing is shutown to conserve the energy.

First two points are more important than third point is demonstrated by inter-species struggle ( like bush killing saddam for his own survival)

Now after making above clear let me analyse suicide.
A person commits suicide to escape some bad mood or some situation but just let that person think what will happen if he does not commit suiide? Even if he thinks for just a minute he will realize nothing drastic may happen. The max. which can happen is death of the person, but that was he going to do!

For example if you money problems, think why money is needed? It is needed to buy food. Now why food is needed? To maintain & sustain the life. By commiting suicide you will do just the opposite.

Also talking about terminally ill patients, I dont think suicide is necessary there also. There is no such thing as irrecovarable disease. Only thing that exist is At present moment, irrecovarable disease.
Note th difference. It means suppose even if you end your life right now thinking you may die in next one month, it may also happen that the next day when you commited suicide a treatment may become available to your disease.

Also, like in above post my entry:

Atamhatya --- Hindi
woundedhealer
Quote:
......remember only you have the power to change your life you no one else you yourself as one indidual person you make your life what you want it to be and you can make it thorugh anything so find the power in yourself to live and change what is causeing yourself to commit suicde

Most people cannot change how they feel without help from others. Even those who are able to do it alone are usually influenced by other events in their life. People with severe depression or suicidal tendences need a lot of support.

Let me give you an example about needing support. A few years ago I was in hospital receiving intensive physiotherapy to be able to walk again. It was so hard and I wasn't coping very well. I felt I didn't have the support I needed from my care team. There were things which had happened in my life which had left me mentally and emossionally scarred. things which I'm not willing to relate to you. I kept a journal at this time, and evening, when I was feeling especially low, I wrote down how I was feeling and the reasons why I was feeling that way. When I finished writing I gave my journal to the night staff nurse and asked her to read it.
She came back with it a couple of hours later and was really kind to me. The next day my care team acted differently towards me. When you're receiving intensive physiotherapy, you tend to be almost bullied into pushing yourself to your limits. Thanks to my journal my team realised their normal tactics wouldn't work with me, and they became much more supportive and caring towards me. After that, I really started to do well. I'm now able to walk around my house and garden. I have to accept that one day I may not be able to walk more than a few steps, my care team gave me the strength to be able to walk for now.

I know some of you will be thinking I should have been able to push myself to walk without my teams support. You don't know my circumstances and what had happened to me when I was growing up. So all I'll say to you is don't judge people when you don't know all the facts.

To those of you who think people with severe depression or suicidal tendencies should sort themselves out and change their lives for the better, re-read some of the messages here which explains what it's like to be in this possition. I sometimes counsel others who have problems. It's because I have been through so much mself, and come out the other eend, that I am able to empathise with them.
wumingsden
I told one of my best friends yesterday that I was seriously ill. She started crying (ahh, "girls, you can't with 'em .... [end of sentence]"). On Christmas Eve she slit her wrists. Thankfully she's fine. I knew that in the past she SH but I was knocked-back that she tried to kill herself.

I told her that I was ill first. She said that I make her one-inch tall (apparantly, I'm so brave and she isn't, blah, blah, blah). She said she feels sorry for me, which I absolutely despise.

So ... if she feels like suicide is a stupid thing to do (note that personally I don't think it's stupid, i just find it un-necessery, except if your terminally ill) when compared to my life, it should show the although some people think there life isn't worth living, it actually is.
alwom
i think suicide is stupid, because i tried once and got me a trip to hospital a big bill and a few days in a nuthouse cuourtesty of the tax payers, but now that i think back on it im glad i wasnt sucessfull, cause i would have missed out on so much. Like the beautifull young woman im dating, and helping feed the homeless on thanksgiving, and watching my neice who will be one year old on the 5 of january just 3 days before my birthday. so no taking ones life is not worth it.
woundedhealer
Quote:
So ... if she feels like suicide is a stupid thing to do (note that personally I don't think it's stupid, i just find it un-necessery, except if your terminally ill) when compared to my life, it should show the although some people think there life isn't worth living, it actually is.

I can relate to this sentiment. Very often people who are unwell or have a minor injury and are feeling sorry for themselves turn to me and say their's (suffering) is nothing compared to mine and they have nothing to complain about. I disagree with them and always symathize with them. Ok, so they're going to be getting over their ailment soon, but that doesn't take away their present suffering.

Still, if my disability can convince someone that their life really is worth living, something good has come out of it.

I'm having a flair-up at the moment which left me unable to go out for New Years Eve and I'm going to be missing a monthly get together tomorrow night, so I'm the one who's feeling sorry for themself at the moment. Sad
alwom
Yea, i know what ya mean, I started loosing my site several years ago, and it was tough thats when i tried to comit suicide, but thats what alot of people dont understand is though you or i were hurting at the time, the pain and suffering will pass, and ive eventually just adapted to my surounding and learned to live with very little vision. and now i believe i have met my soulmate and will be getting married soon, seems like no matter what happens though my faith in God helps pull me through. God is so Good.

woundedhealer wrote:
Quote:

I can relate to this sentiment. Very often people who are unwell or have a minor injury and are feeling sorry for themselves turn to me and say their's (suffering) is nothing compared to mine and they have nothing to complain about. I disagree with them and always symathize with them. Ok, so they're going to be getting over their ailment soon, but that doesn't take away their present suffering.

Still, if my disability can convince someone that their life really is worth living, something good has come out of it.

I'm having a flair-up at the moment which left me unable to go out for New Years Eve and I'm going to be missing a monthly get together tomorrow night, so I'm the one who's feeling sorry for themself at the moment. Sad
woundedhealer
Quote:
i believe i have met my soulmate and will be getting married soon, seems like no matter what happens though my faith in God helps pull me through. God is so Good.

That's terrific. I have this theory. I believe the major events of our lives are meant to happen, not only for ourselves but for others. In both our cases other people are affected. Through us, others have to develop qualities like patience, helpfulness, caring, to name but three. The changes within ourselves are profound. I know people who have become disabled and have had to change their lives and have chosed to help others in some way. My very first computer tutor had a back injury and was unable to carry on in his profession. He retrained in computors and finished up working for a charity which taught computer skills to people who could not afford college fees. My first computer was a recon. This again was a charity who sold cheap recon computers to people who couldn't afford to buy one.

Sorry this has gone off-topic Embarassed
alwom
well my way of giving back is a a minister of the Gospel in a community service oriented church, and as a volunteer IT for the red cross, i have an asociate in computer infiormation systems. and my first computer was a comodore 64 lol
RisingSunn
Suicide is an unfortunate perspective of getting out of problems in life. You see so many young people seeing that as an out to the pain that they feel from parents, peers, relationships, etc.
But many times they see their situation from such a limited perspective. They can't see that the situation they are in will not last forever, that life will go on and that there are better things ahead of them.
I think that suicide as a way out is a product of the consumerist society that teaches people not to look at the long range picture of things, not to see what your life can become, and the potential that every person has, but to focus just on the here and now, instant gratification.
I truly feel sorry for those who feel that suicide is the only way out. Becuase there is so much of life, and there is ALWAYS other options.
woundedhealer
While I agree that there most likely is a way out of a problem, people who are suicidal are unable to see it. They are so deep in their depression the future is non-existant for them. Some people attempt suicide as a cry for help. They can't see that there is a chance they will not be found in time and really will die.

I think modern society is largely responsible for a lot of suicides. There was a time when everyone knew everyone else and on the whole also knew each others business. Today most people don't even know their next door neighbours. They don't know their neighbour is in need of help, whether advice or a sympathetic ear.

Also people are encouraged to buy things they can't afford. Credit card companies and loan companies are eager to lend money, and if the person can't repay the loan or credit card, they get their home reposessed. If ever there was a time for societies to reclaim old-fashioned values, surely it's now.
wumingsden
woundedhealer wrote:
Quote:

I was in a similiar situation. I'm currently in hospital which means that everytime I need to use the net I have to come home. Gosh, new years eve was sooo bad. We had two parties at my house, which I both just-about-completely missed. I joined the party once, just before midnight on new years, and had a drink to celebrate. Thankfully i've become an expert at hiding when i'm ill and am also good at coming up with something on the spot so people don't know.
I usually hide the fact that I'm ill, even on the net. An example, on this occasion only steve knows why i'm a little in-active, and the people reading this post. because i'm coming close to numerous members here at frihost, i feel the need to close up more than usual.
So off-topic but anyways Cool
pedrothelion
I'd hesitate to think that most people commiting suicide these days suffer from manic depression or something like it. If they do/did then the number of people suffering from it are hundreds or thousands from what they've been in earlier years, and considering the change in culture and what not I find it hard to believe... I'm leaning more towards young people who don't seem to realize what they are throwing away, and the hurt it will inevitable cause.
Then again, I could be wrong, I myself was prescribed a medicine a year or so again that's lately been found causing bi-polar disease in people, and there were several suicides ascribed to the effects of this medicine, and even though it's one of the more potent medicines in the field there are several like it still in use in Sweden.

My girlfriend's been diagnosed with manic depression, but over the last two years she's been getting gradually better and this summer she stopped taking her anti-depressants completely and we're finally able to, again, enjoy all the ups and downs of a romantic relationship.

I'd advice anyone seriously considering suicide as an alternative, and I don't mean the 'omg, my girlfriend dumped me and i live at home with my parents - i should kill myself' alternative, to get professional help as soon as possible, and hopefully you'll have the support of a loved one or a friend before that. Life's a bumpy ride I guess, you're bound to get tossed around some..
woundedhealer
Quote:
I'd advice anyone seriously considering suicide as an alternative, and I don't mean the 'omg, my girlfriend dumped me and i live at home with my parents - i should kill myself' alternative, to get professional help as soon as possible, and hopefully you'll have the support of a loved one or a friend before that. Life's a bumpy ride I guess, you're bound to get tossed around some..

I agree with you.
One of the problems with depression is that people don't want to admit they've got it. There is, for most people a stigma to having mental illness. While loved ones and friends should be the ones to give support, they don't always understand, and think it's a case of "pulling yourself together", and anyone who has ever had depression know it's the one thing you can't do. Professional help should be sought, but again, it's not easy talking to your doctor about it.

Quote:
Thankfully i've become an expert at hiding when i'm ill and am also good at coming up with something on the spot so people don't know.
I usually hide the fact that I'm ill, even on the net. An example, on this occasion only steve knows why i'm a little in-active, and the people reading this post. because i'm coming close to numerous members here at frihost, i feel the need to close up more than usual.

I can usually hide it when I'm in a bad way, unfortunately my husband can tell, and then let's others know. I use a mobilty scooter when I'm out, so people know there's something wrong. I hate it when they ask what it is and just say spinal cord injury and hope that's enough to shut them up. IVery few people know about the bouts of depression because I've got quite good at hiding it.
BlazeDragon132
Suicide is never the answer. I don't care how sick you are of your life, you can always seek help. You can get help anywhere from materials like video games to people like family and professional help. I always play video games when I feel down and it cheers me up quickly. There are many reasons why suicide is wrong.

1) You are taking away your enjoyment from people. You may think your life sucks, but lots of people you know and don't know look toward you for enjoyment. One suicide could lead to another one.

2) It is against the rules of the Bible. The Bible states, "Treat your body like a temple". Taking the temple down is not treating it right. It is not only bibically wrong, it is morally wrong for your family. They loved you and you turned your back at them.

Well, that is all I have to rant about. Hope you enjoyed this post. Wink
pedrothelion
woundedhealer wrote:

I can usually hide it when I'm in a bad way, unfortunately my husband can tell, and then let's others know. I use a mobilty scooter when I'm out, so people know there's something wrong. I hate it when they ask what it is and just say spinal cord injury and hope that's enough to shut them up. IVery few people know about the bouts of depression because I've got quite good at hiding it.

Yeah, I think it gets easier to tell when someone's in 'a slump' when you've lived with them for a few years, and it's great to have that support even if you find it irritating at times. The worst thing with depression, at least that I find, is that you just isolate yourself more and more, alienating yourselves to friends and family and so the whole getting better experience gets that much harder 'cause you don't think anyone will understand, and you have trouble opening up.

But for the people with bi-polar disease, or any illness like it, I think it's great that you come out and talk about it here, it's a first step, and a pretty big one. Just try to take into account what people are saying, and if religion isn't your bag, look at it in a more practical way, you only got one life. And remember that whatever your problems, you'll always be loved and missed by someone.
woundedhealer
BlazeDragon132 wrote:
Suicide is never the answer. I don't care how sick you are of your life, you can always seek help. You can get help anywhere from materials like video games to people like family and professional help. I always play video games when I feel down and it cheers me up quickly. There are many reasons why suicide is wrong.

If playing video games can quickly cheer you up, you don't have a problem. Someone who is suicidal/clinicaly depressed cannot lose those bad feelings through diversionary tactics. Whatever the problem is, it will still be there. Someone who is suicidal either cannot see any pont in living any more or believe their family and friends would be better off without them. You can't just lose that feeling. I'm not suicidal, but I know enough about the subject. I do know what it's like to be severly depressed and I have witnessed it in a friend. You have to remember this is a mental illness. People with mental illness do not think in the same way as other people.

Suicide is sad. My thoughts towards those who commit it is that I hope they find the peace in th Otherworld which they could not find in this world. I cannot judge these people and say what they did was wrong. I do have pity for them and sympathy for their families.
Tuxy
catscratches wrote:

This sounds more like a cry for help than like a serious topic start.
What do you realy think? That we are gonna feel sorry for you? Sorry man, this is the internet. You better go talk with your parents and friends about your feelings, because they will take you seriously.
lepris
Suicide had once some great historical traditions like:
1) Viking warriors who lost a battle were committing suicide by posting their chests on their swords.
2) Samurai warriors would cut their guts, Harakiri.
3) In some cultures when husband dies the wife had to be buried with him.
Nowadays I think it is similar sometimes and recently i rarely judge any opinion or deed. It hurts that many young people commit suicide only because they cannot manage some personal problems, they kill themselves only because nobody comes on time to relax and comfort them. These problems seem easy to confront and defeat, but require good contact with other people, family members and so on. What i really detest is people committing suicide because of being unable to have a decent normal and peaceful life. It's so unfair that they are given no chance to normalize, if they want to. I mean misunderstandings among a family or hateful enemies like school colleagues, bullies, teachers and other monsters you have to deal with only because you are too young to decide about yourself. I often notice that the main cause of many troubles is the fact that young people are unconscious of their rights, values and lack self confidence. Instead of forcing them into some awkward pseudo religious social attitude (like in my home country Poland), they should be given more rights.
Vrythramax
I tried last night one friend (????) stopped me. and another called me a lier.

no one gets out of life alive.
woundedhealer
lepris wrote:
Suicide had once some great historical traditions like:
1) Viking warriors who lost a battle were committing suicide by posting their chests on their swords.
2) Samurai warriors would cut their guts, Harakiri.
3) In some cultures when husband dies the wife had to be buried with him.
Nowadays I think it is similar sometimes and recently i rarely judge any opinion or deed. It hurts that many young people commit suicide only because they cannot manage some personal problems, they kill themselves only because nobody comes on time to relax and comfort them. These problems seem easy to confront and defeat, but require good contact with other people, family members and so on. What i really detest is people committing suicide because of being unable to have a decent normal and peaceful life. It's so unfair that they are given no chance to normalize, if they want to. I mean misunderstandings among a family or hateful enemies like school colleagues, bullies, teachers and other monsters you have to deal with only because you are too young to decide about yourself. I often notice that the main cause of many troubles is the fact that young people are unconscious of their rights, values and lack self confidence. Instead of forcing them into some awkward pseudo religious social attitude (like in my home country Poland), they should be given more rights.

I don't think more rights is the answer, more like more respect, understanding and caring. You go into town or a supermarket, particularly on a Saturday and listen to the way parents talk to (abuse) their children. I have come very close to saying something to some of these parents. These children do not stand much of a chance growing up well-balanced. These are the people who are supposed make children feel safe and wanted.

Many children feel they cannot talk to their parents about problems, or their problems are trivialised. There is not always a granparent or other extended family member nearby who they can talk to.
cheezesteak
I really do beleve this original post sounded like and sos, I think two ways believe it or not. If I had a terminal illness as some of you said I wouldn't mind cutting out those drooling years. As for someone being "healthy"ther than the mental aspects, I thin it is a quitters way out, I think it's a permanate solution to a temporary problem. I do believe and please it is an opinion I do believe if someone said they never thought about dying, that they truley haven't lived. I remeber a girl breaking up with me or somthing of that nature and feeling like it was the ened of the world, feeling like I would be better off just ending it, and sometimes even wondering how. But then I would shake myslef off call myself an ****** fot hinking like that and go out and find a hotter girl, or perhaps one of her friends lol. Life is too precious to take it away voluntarliy when it gets tough. Quit being a puss and shake it off. I also beleivve that there people out there that don't have the tools or the help to fix it. Thats where we as friends or family need to step up!
catscratches
5 days ago I tried. I didn't manage to actually jump but I tried... My parents found out...
cheezesteak
Thats adult.
woundedhealer
catscratches wrote:
5 days ago I tried. I didn't manage to actually jump but I tried... My parents found out...

I'm not usually glad when someone fails at something, but this time I am. Welcome back into the world of the living. Very Happy

Are your parents able to give you the support you need?
catscratches
Yes, but it's really hard to talk about it. Especially when I'm feeling ashamed over what I tried, even though I sometimes wish that I would have fullfilled it.
woundedhealer
catscratches wrote:
Yes, but it's really hard to talk about it. Especially when I'm feeling ashamed over what I tried, even though I sometimes wish that I would have fullfilled it.

You have nothing to feel shamed about. As hard as it is to talk about, you need to.

I know people are telling you to talk to your family about the way you feel, but you would find it easier to talk to a stranger, someone like a counselor. Do you have the Samaritons where you live, or a similar organisation? They are volunteers who talk to people on the phone. Anyone who is feeling desperate can phone up and talk to them. They do a fantastic job. they never judge, they just listen.
linangan
It's very hard to say point-blank that committing suicide is okay. I, for one, believe that if you constantly think of killing yourself because you don't see a reason for you to live, you should really see a counselor or psychologist to help you because you might be suffering from clinical depression, whether this has been something that you've had since you were a child or if it was triggered by a singular or multiple traumatic events.

Unfortunately, it isn’t easy to convince the clinically depressed to get treated because people with depression will resist the idea that are suffering from a mental disorder. And if ever they become accepting of the fact that there is something wrong with them, the stigma of being labeled as a crazy person will frighten them away from seeking psychiatric help. This is especially true for countries that harbor a derogatory attitude towards those with mental health problems. This the problem with Korea, which registered an average of 33 suicides a day in 2006.
catscratches
linangan wrote:
It's very hard to say point-blank that committing suicide is okay. I, for one, believe that if you constantly think of killing yourself because you don't see a reason for you to live, you should really see a counselor or psychologist to help you because you might be suffering from clinical depression, whether this has been something that you've had since you were a child or if it was triggered by a singular or multiple traumatic events.

Unfortunately, it isn’t easy to convince the clinically depressed to get treated because people with depression will resist the idea that are suffering from a mental disorder. And if ever they become accepting of the fact that there is something wrong with them, the stigma of being labeled as a crazy person will frighten them away from seeking psychiatric help. This is especially true for countries that harbor a derogatory attitude towards those with mental health problems. This the problem with Korea, which registered an average of 33 suicides a day in 2006.

Psychologist's rarely help, and they often don't even try to help you since most people here in Sweden think that mentaly ill persons are not human and are afraid of getting hurt by those... Therefore, mentaly ill persons rarely get help. The basic requirement to get help is that you have plans of hurting other people or commiting suicide. If you have plans for that and if the psycholist's got the time to help you, you'll get a talk with the psychologist, or if you're luck maybe even 5 talks!! But that's if you're lucky of course. Then it's over and if you're not good by then, go take your life! In Sweden in 2006 it was 364 suicides meaning almost one suicide per day and that every 250th death is due to suicide. The train drivers has this as a problem since 60 persons take their life's by throwing themselves in front of a train every year. If you're a train driver in more than 25 years, you WILL have driven over at least 1,2 suicidians. Many train drivers quit their work and can hardly go onto a train after working for a longer time. Many seniour train drivers have driven over as much as 4-5 suicidians, making it impossible to go on working.
The government has set up cameras to view the tracks and localize suicidians but it doesn't help much. People jump from the stations where there are no cameras. They've saved like 5 lives since the cameras was set up last year. But when they save someone he/she won't get help, no he'll be sent home just like nothing, and that makes around 10% try agin and succeed this time.
Zug Zug
AHEM- Suicide is just an irrational act of stupidity. No offense but I don't believe in it. It sounds very selfish to me-unless of course you ARE terminally ill and in pain all the time then go for it. If you're starving and so poor you can't buy food or clothing for yourself and your government hates youj- go for it. But if you're a teenager with loving parents and friends who cherish you- then it's just plain selfishness-you should be so lucky to have those things. Sorry if this message was a bit harsh and offended anyone. Thanks.

<3

Meghan
catscratches
Zug Zug wrote:
AHEM- Suicide is just an irrational act of stupidity. No offense but I don't believe in it. It sounds very selfish to me-unless of course you ARE terminally ill and in pain all the time then go for it. If you're starving and so poor you can't buy food or clothing for yourself and your government hates youj- go for it. But if you're a teenager with loving parents and friends who cherish you- then it's just plain selfishness-you should be so lucky to have those things. Sorry if this message was a bit harsh and offended anyone. Thanks.

<3

Meghan

Well, it's both selfishness and not, in the same way. It's selfish to take your life for your relatives but when in that mood, you really don't think it like that way, it's more like, "everyone would have it much better without me, I'm just a pain in the ass for everyone, I'm just annoying, I'm so ****** selfish (yeah, that one is there a lot of), I would be better dead, It's ok to do it since noone'll miss me"
oleszka
catscratches wrote:

as Marina Tsvetayeva (Russian Poet) said:
Quote:
Heroism of body - to die, Heroism of soul - to live

so I think that suicide it's some kind of cowardice to life
Coledash
In my honest opinion I think that no one of us has a right to judge anyone for doing a thing like this, as we havent been in same kind of situation (those who have been are allready dead) so we cannot realize the circumstances.

So please, dont judge people doing things like this, but dont admire them either. Only speak from things what you have experience, or either make it clear that you are not speaking from your own experience and your statements are not to be taken seriously.
spider
I agree with Daisie, sounds like an S.O.S... Suicide is not an option. not even if your dieing slowly anyhow like cancer because there may be a chance something could be done in the future,,, people are working on these situations everyday. These days kids,,, and yes, I mean younger than I, are looking at suicide as a possible way out when there is always a way out, but they have to look for the help. I have a niece that tried committing suicide because she was not allowed to visit family... her mom and dad split up, and she was so depressed, and her father would not let her see our side of the family... not saying her mother was a good mother, but not saying the father was either. She went to a councelor at school, and her dad tried to have the councelor fired.... and he was ordered by the judge to put her in counceling, and he doesnt even take her... point is,,, even when things dont seem to work, no matter how many times things fail to get your life on track, dont just look at one wall for the door... keep looking,, there might be a crack in that window on the next wall....
Zenireth
Suicide is not stupid! I don't care what people say about people that attempt it... coming from the person that has tried self inflicting. Anyway suicide is a touchy subject to have on a forum seeing as theres arguements for and against it. I personaly believe if you want to go out that way then its your choice no one has the right to stop you but not every one will see it that way. Suicide is a option.
Vrythramax
Suicide is most certainly an optional thing...so is closing this subject. Suicide may indeed be an optional item on the menu of life...then again so is trying to make the best of any situation and living....not hurting those around you for whatever reason.

EDIT: Reopened by staff request
skygaia
Hm...
I can't understand..
I think we, all, have a purpose in the earth. It's given by God. We don't have any choice for our life.
TruPain
I do not think that suicide is stupid and I believe that it is a way out.

Some people let stress and other factors build up inside of them. Perhaps not because they have no one to talk to, but rather can not find someone that they feel comfortable with to talk to about these issues.

When I was a senior in high school, I had 2 friends kill themselves and one that decided to kill his ex-girlfriend before killing himself.

The first 2, no one seen it coming. The day before each of thier deaths, they were both smiling and carrying on just like they did every other day. One of them had a mother that had passed away about 2-3 years before. Sure, it bothered him, but he never said much about it. The other one... no idea why he did it, no note, no signs, nothing.

Now though, for the last one, I do feel that what he did was wrong. He had been seeing this girl since the 7th grade, exclusively. He only had a handful of friends and was always quiet. When his girlfriend broke up with him, he looked extremely depressed, which as anyone from highschool should know, when you get dumped by someone that you feel is the one, you do get down in the dumps. But still, he never said much to anyone after that, he basically just hung out with us like he always did. And then he went over to his ex-girlfriends house, killed her and then shot himself. That was a terrible loss... and in a suicide note, he put, that if he couldn't have her, then no one could.

Now, back on subject, I think that these people felt that they had no way out. Do I blame them for killing themselves? Yes. Do I hate them for it? No. I have been depressed in the past before I found out ways to deal with depression. So I can understand what they were thinking.

And yes, it is a way out. Granted it isn't a very good way out, but it opens the door when you feel that you don't belong.

And since it mostly has to do with a chemical imbalance, one can not really say it is stupid. There are ways to treat depression... but there is no way to treat stupidity...
Wynand
I thought about suicide a few times in my life, but then realized that I am to much of a scary pants to do such a thing, so now ill live till I die of natural (or other unnatural ) causes. Smile
rheanna
If your going to do then do it.. Don't sit there and whine to everyone about it. It's just a way to seek attention for a fast get away. I think everyone at one point and time thinks about doing it at least once in their life.
Vrythramax
Why has the topic been changed? Was it a move to incite more responses?

Topic on the brink of being trashed totally
Whong
If you'd ask me suicide is the Highway to Hell. Really, your life is a thousand times better here what ever you think than in eternal damnation!!!!

This is my opinion, and I believe it! Idea

Never comit suicide!
bond4154
I personally have tended to several suicidal friends before, and it's gotten to a certain extent where I can easily understand why people tend to think suicide is an easy way out, which, in all honesty, it is. But...well, lemme share a story.

I have a friend, Krystal, wholives in the more rural/suburban parts of Lousiana. Sera, Lousiana, if I remember correctly. She's not in a very ideal situation, with her father who downtalks her and her mother all the time, and her mother is sick. Bedridden sick. Her father goes out of the house to bitch about how worthless the two are in town, and has "plans" for Krystal. Their financial condition isn't prime either. Krystal hasn't been in college because of certain problems. She isn't, however, contemplating suicide. She's depressed because an intelligent girl like her has to put up with this kind of bullshit. But suicide isn't crossing her mind. Moving away for a job, maybe. But not suicide. I admit she has motivation for that. A sick, bedridden mother. Krystal kills herself, what happens to her mother? Who's left to do anything about her mother?

You've your own place in life. No matter how it looks, you're responsible for something. Anything. Don't piss away at those responsibilities because a certain problem drove you to suicide. You may not know it, but you're responsible for SOMETHING. So you decide what you are. You decide what you're responsible for. You decide what you want to do, what you're going to be.
funnyerror
I think people who commit suicide have their reasons, and they seem like good reasons at the time. But if you could look back after you were already dead, you would probably decide to be reborn. So don't do it in the first place. =P
GSIS
The right to decide how and when we die must, surely, be the ultimate and most fundamental of human rights. Nobody owns us, but ourselves. Nobody has more right to determine an individuals fate than that individual.

However ...

If we are going to take a route that is so completely irreversible we must, first, ensure that it is really what we want and not an irrational decision as a result of a mental illness such as depression.

We must consider what the impact will be on those we leave behind. Depression is not an infectious disease or illness, but it does spread to the friends and family of those who have lost the fight against it.

We must also consider what might happen if we fail. Most suicide attempts fail. Many leave the victim seriously disabled, in pain and dependant on others for their care - in a worse situation than the one they thought couldn't get any worse, and completely unable to try again.

I was lucky. I survived with only very minor kidney damage.

For anyone with this problem on their minds - either as a sufferer or as a friend or relative of a sufferer - check out http://www.touchingminds.org/. It's a pro-recovery support site for sufferers of mood disorders, their friends, relatives and carers. It saved my life - more than once. A wealth of valuable knowledge, first hand experience and support.
Vrythramax
I have to say that this topic is truely depressing, but I can find no reason to close it....even more depressing.

I agree that the right to life is the ultimate in choices, but did anyone know that in the US a failed attempt at suicide is considered attempted murder?

I don't know if any have been charged under that law, it seems it would only make matters worse, but it is a law non-theless.
wumingsden
Vrythramax wrote:
I have to say that this topic is truely depressing, but I can find no reason to close it....even more depressing.

I agree that the right to life is the ultimate in choices, but did anyone know that in the US a failed attempt at suicide is considered attempted murder?

I don't know if any have been charged under that law, it seems it would only make matters worse, but it is a law non-theless.

The same applies here in the UK concerning a failed suicide attempt. The punishment? A mental institution.
GSIS
wumingsden wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

The same applies here in the UK concerning a failed suicide attempt. The punishment? A mental institution.

A depressing topic? I have to agree with that. Nevertheless likely to be an important one for anyone who is, or knows someone who is, suffering from depression. In the UK 1 in 4 people will have depression at some time in their lives so it's fairly safe to assume that we all have known, now know, or will know someone who is going through this terrible illness.

I wasn't aware that here in the UK a failed suicide attempt could be considered attempted murder. I thought suicide was decriminalised a long time ago and recognized for what it is - a possible outcome of untreated (or sometimes treated) depression.

Here in the UK the mental health services are the Cinderella of the NHS. Very few patients with almost any mental health problem actually receive appropriate treatment. In my case I was living alone after some very serious financial and relationship problems - I won't go into detail - and had never been prescribed antidepressants of any type before. The ones I was prescribed were not appropriate and actually made the problem worse. Due to my illness I was unable to recognise this for myself and, as a result, attempted suicide. I was found with about 15 minutes left to live (by an A&E specialist, thankfully) and spent 6 weeks recovering in an ordinary hospital, including 7 days in a coma. I am absolutely certain that if I had been treated, from the outset, as an in-patient on a psych ward the problem with my medication would have been spotted and more appropriate medication substituted before I made my suicide attempt.

As for this topic ...

We need to stop covering up mental health problems. They're more widespread than I would have believed possible. If they're discussed we learn how to recognise the signs and symptoms and get appropriate help for our loved ones (or ourselves). Without that knowledge many will be lost.

However ... this forum may not be able to offer the best available support for someone with a current crisis. That's really a job for whatever health services are available and, if none, the pro-recovery forums with the knowledge and understanding to deal effectively with the situation. Even those forums will quite rightly recommend that anyone with an ongoing crisis should get professional help.
busman
I think suicide is... Sad, deeply moving in a melancholy type of way; but easy? No... I've been there way to many times myself to say it's the easy way out. Umm.. My thoughts as a schizoid (diagnosed as such idk what it really means to deeply) are that when you tend to be a schizoid and or manic you look at the negative in life and bring it into your being... It creates a vortex of negativity constantly and it hurts. Also being bi did not help the issues at all.

Now to let you know why i haven't commited suicide after my last attempt is that i went to a funeral of a friend who did... It changed a piece of me and if i ever do do it, i would like to alienate as many people as possible and have them forget me before i went on my way due to the fact that it hurts those around you far more than it hurts you, because i will never forget the tears i dropped for him. Ever. So before you begin to get there think about your mother crying, your father crying and all of your friends crying and if you can still do it after that then i say its your right, BUT that does not make it right.

I have learned to go numb. I will fight for values i belive in but will feel no emotion other than frustration and or mild irratation in the defense of those beliefs and the harrasment that follows. I have learned to feel nothing other than my little compass saying no that is wrong or ya that is right. I find it easier to live this way in a world as wretched as this. I love nature and i hate humanity, sadly i am stuck in the later and will cause the few i care about pain if i die, so i wont do it yet... But if i died i couldn't care less one way or thee other. Just live to live, its pointless anyway and will be over soon enough i can promise you that. All the pain ends one day whether we want it to or not.
loremar
busman wrote:
I think suicide is... Sad, deeply moving in a melancholy type of way; but easy? No... I've been there way to many times myself to say it's the easy way out. Umm.. My thoughts as a schizoid (diagnosed as such idk what it really means to deeply) are that when you tend to be a schizoid and or manic you look at the negative in life and bring it into your being... It creates a vortex of negativity constantly and it hurts. Also being bi did not help the issues at all.

Now to let you know why i haven't commited suicide after my last attempt is that i went to a funeral of a friend who did...

That's odd. I thought Schizoids are the least likely to make suicide attempts. They live in their own world because they don't want to be either side of the ship: Reality and Death. Though death is preferred, they just live to fight it. I actually see suicide more likely in Borderline people because they tend to be indifferent on themselves. They go into crazy mood disorders like being OK to making themselves bleed/or just wanting to disappear because they can't take themselves anymore.

Quote:
It changed a piece of me and if i ever do do it, i would like to alienate as many people as possible and have them forget me before i went on my way due to the fact that it hurts those around you far more than it hurts you, because i will never forget the tears i dropped for him. Ever. So before you begin to get there think about your mother crying, your father crying and all of your friends crying and if you can still do it after that then i say its your right, BUT that does not make it right.

I get this. My brother went to some depression and had constant thoughts about suicide. I really feel like I want to punch him because he does not realize what he's doing. I cried hard over it. Luckily, I'm reclusive so I was able to watch over him.

Quote:
I have learned to go numb. I will fight for values i belive in but will feel no emotion other than frustration and or mild irratation in the defense of those beliefs and the harrasment that follows. I have learned to feel nothing other than my little compass saying no that is wrong or ya that is right. I find it easier to live this way in a world as wretched as this. I love nature and i hate humanity, sadly i am stuck in the later and will cause the few i care about pain if i die, so i wont do it yet... But if i died i couldn't care less one way or thee other. Just live to live, its pointless anyway and will be over soon enough i can promise you that. All the pain ends one day whether we want it to or not.

I think there's some difference between wanting to die and being OK as dead. Usually there's a lot of motivation and a lot of thinking that goes into committing suicide. You'd constantly ask yourself, "do I really want/have to do it?"
It seems maybe you realize now that you really don't need it. Smile
deanhills
Life is tough and I feel really sorry for people who are not equipped to handle all of the environmental stress without it getting them down. Both physically and emotionally. Some people just take things much harder than others. Which means life has to be doubly or triply hard for them in comparison with others. They should be given a medal for making it from one day to another.
Ghost Rider103
Please keep in mind responding to someone who posted nearly 5 years ago is rather useless. There are a lot of old members in this topic that are no loved active on Frihost.

Feel free to carry on the topic. Just wanted to note the date of it.
busman
loremar wrote:
busman wrote:

Now to let you know why i haven't commited suicide after my last attempt is that i went to a funeral of a friend who did...

That's odd. I thought Schizoids are the least likely to make suicide attempts. They live in their own world because they don't want to be either side of the ship: Reality and Death. Though death is preferred, they just live to fight it. I actually see suicide more likely in Borderline people because they tend to be indifferent on themselves. They go into crazy mood disorders like being OK to making themselves bleed/or just wanting to disappear because they can't take themselves anymore.

Quote:
It changed a piece of me and if i ever do do it, i would like to alienate as many people as possible and have them forget me before i went on my way due to the fact that it hurts those around you far more than it hurts you, because i will never forget the tears i dropped for him. Ever. So before you begin to get there think about your mother crying, your father crying and all of your friends crying and if you can still do it after that then i say its your right, BUT that does not make it right.

I get this. My brother went to some depression and had constant thoughts about suicide. I really feel like I want to punch him because he does not realize what he's doing. I cried hard over it. Luckily, I'm reclusive so I was able to watch over him.

Quote:

I think there's some difference between wanting to die and being OK as dead. Usually there's a lot of motivation and a lot of thinking that goes into committing suicide. You'd constantly ask yourself, "do I really want/have to do it?"
It seems maybe you realize now that you really don't need it. Smile

Schizoid is an inabilty to feel emotion to a degree of normality that other humans do, and/or feeling none for the majority of topics but then feeling EXTREME strength for another. Very close to schiztophenic but w/o the mazzive auditory and visual hallucinations. Basically Schizo emtionally but not perceptionally.

The reason i attempted was less of depression and more so the numbness i lived in everyday and my lack of empathy consuming me, and i didn't want to live like that. I used to do drugs a lot and cut pretty horrendously JUST to feel ANYTHING at all. I never understood while being a good person and never intentionally harming another human being i could never truely empathise with 99.9% of the people i met and could never have sympathy for the lies they told themselves to keep going.

The reason why i haven't tried again is i don't like to see pain, because even though i might never truely feel it on the same level as you or my mom etc, pain causes lonliness and I DO understand lonliness to the n'th degree and i wouldn't want to bring that upon someone un-expectantly for no god reason other than my unwillingness to feel numb 99.9% of the time. Therefor i have just come to accept who i am and work further to bettering myself and who i may become. Because as well as i migh not feel in everyday life, and feeling causes me intense distress Confused i know that others ARE NOT like me and they don't deserve what my suicide would bring upon them. It's a selfless position with the only selfishness in it being i can't feel not responsible for the hurting of someone do to my actions.
pauline5765
I think it's just stupid. I don't want to judge people who are suicidal, but I think suicide is never a way out. And if you do think that it is, then you're very selfish.

Think of the people that will be affected if you kill yourself - your family, your friends, all those people that are related to you. If you die by accident or something then of course your death is a very heavy thing for them, but if you die from suicide, then it's a lot heavier than they can handle.

It's just too sad.

I used to think about suicide too, at the times where my life seem to be on the lowest point ever. But I decided not to do it, and in the end, I was able to overcome these problems or they just passed by. Thinking back, that if I did continue suicide, then it's like you ended your life over a problem that will eventually be solved or be gone.

If you think you don't have meaning in your life, then go find one.
If you have problems, then find a way to solve them.
If you're too ashamed of what you are now, then how much more when people knew that you quit on your own life?
lightningleo
yeah.. me.. too..

i just think its kinda very super foolish act because why give life for something.. life is always more costly than the wherabouts of the whatever reason..

i heard many people give life to love and when that love goes away.. they kill themselves..

i want to ask why.. kill yourself for someone who don't loves you or whom you can't get..

so.. don't do this stupid act.. why giving your parents the sight of their deadliest nightmare..??
mengshi200
Suicide is stupid action.Because you did not know death.When you suicide your life,you will pay a expensive price according to buddhism.
sudipbanerjee
I think only a person who ever tried to commit suicide but failed can only understand the logic behind a suicide. Its a form of escapism. But sometime escape is the only solution.
briankid
only people who have made a suicide attempt can answer the question correctly but sometimes people get frustrated to an extent of thinking about commiting suicide.
ankitdatashn
I won't call it stupid as the people are definitely in pain to take that grave step, some problems can be better understood by people who suffer those peoblems and we might just speculate about their behaviour, I feel its very subjective and every case is different.