FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Looking for pregnant women in comics

HereticMonkey
I know it may seem like an odd request, but a friend and I have a webcomic, and she's taking a vacation. When she comes back, I should have the script ready, and it looks like it will feature a pregnant main character.

We've sort of gotten curious: Are there other comics that feature pregnant women, either currently, or in the past?

Thanks!
HM
Traveller
The one that immediately comes to mind is Lynn Johnston's For Better or for Worse. Instead of being a static glimpse of lives where parents never age and children never grow up, it has gone through many pregnancies, adolescences, breast feeding, death of a pet, and other real-life issues not frequently addressed in comics.

The following are some examples of some pregnancy/baby episodes:
Quote:

(Sources: Copies of classic strips shown for the characters under the "Meet the Pattersons" tab at http://www.fborfw.com/index.php.)
Copyright information:
Quote:
Can I post an FBorFW strip in my weblog? You sure can, as long as you don't alter the strip in any way. Please save the image to your own server (no direct-linking please!), notify us of the URL where the strip appears, and place a link back to www.fborfw.com.
(Source: http://www.fborfw.com/copyright.php.)
HereticMonkey
1) Thanks!

2) OK, so...how about any webcomics?

HM
CMA
I have this small doujinshi (fan-made comic) based on Fate/Stay Night with pregnant women...

I can share it, but people who don't know Fate/Stay Night will probably fail to understand the jokes, though.

Here it is (remember it's a japanese comic, so you read it from right to left):
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
HereticMonkey
That's pretty cool, actually. Is there any way I could see the rest of it? It strangely enough looks like there could be some interesting material there. Was it ever hosted somewhere?

HM