FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

server satatus in accont page

Blaster
I think that should be put into the account page. that way you only have to look at the account page to see the server status.
wumingsden
A good idea but I believe this has already been suggested in a private forum. Bondings is worried about the amount of psgeviews frihost has which would affect daniel's website.

this however would only matter if it was in a public page. i support the idea that it should be on the account page as long as it isn't a big strain.
Blaster
it could be hosted off of this site. I'm willing to set the thing up on another site. If bondings wants that to be done i'll email him with the info needed. Just let me know what he wants done and all. It wouldn't effect me any and i have unlimited space for you guys (i work there)
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
it could be hosted off of this site. I'm willing to set the thing up on another site. If bondings wants that to be done i'll email him with the info needed. Just let me know what he wants done and all. It wouldn't effect me any and i have unlimited space for you guys (i work there)

It is not needed, although it was nice for you to offer.
Blaster
Well the offer is on the table so if you still decide that you would like to use it then it would be of no problem to me. I know i could trust bondings with my password.
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
Well the offer is on the table so if you still decide that you would like to use it then it would be of no problem to me. I know i could trust bondings with my password.

Believe me, it has abolsutely nothing to do with that, at all. He may like the idea, i believe in private it was suggested that it should be put in the main template, like in the header or footer. there should be no real problem with it being on the account page, although the more users adding it to the sig will increase dan's stats.
Blaster
alright. With that then if dan wants he can host it there. Otherwise back on topic i still think it would be a good idea. Then only people with accounts will see it and people wont' be like WTF the server is always down i'm not signing up here.
garionw
Well the simple solution is to host it on a rivals site......
reddishblue
garionw wrote:

What another Free Host?, Paid Ones are not Frihosts Rivals, they simply can't compete with free Wink But I'm sure Frihost can hold it up...
arkebuzer
reddishblue wrote:
garionw wrote:

What another Free Host?, Paid Ones are not Frihosts Rivals, they simply can't compete with free Wink But I'm sure Frihost can hold it up...

There are quite a lot of free hosts.... But all others than frihost have ugly banners you need to put on your page as well as crappier uptime than server 2 Wink
So sure, why not use some other host... only problem is that it might go down and show that frihost is down even though that΄s not the case.
Animal
reddishblue wrote:
But I'm sure Frihost can hold it up...

What's the point in having a Frihost Status page hosted on Frihost? If the Frihost server goes down, the status page goes down... Confused

The one we have in our sigs is good just now. If you're not logged in, you don't see user's sigs. That way, only registered and logged in users cause the status to be checked. If everyone in the world (non-frihosters etc) checked the server status every fraction of a second, it'd end up working like a DDOS attack and would take out the server.

What we currently have is ideal.
reddishblue
Animal wrote:
reddishblue wrote:
But I'm sure Frihost can hold it up...

What's the point in having a Frihost Status page hosted on Frihost? If the Frihost server goes down, the status page goes down... Confused

Is Frihost hosted on server one?
Traveller
reddishblue wrote:
Is Frihost hosted on server one?

The Forum and earlier users are on server one; the rest of the users are on server two.
Blaster
frihost the forums is on server 1. And the sig is actually hosted on daniels other website. Also i think that if it where in teh account page other users couldn't see it only people with accounts could. So this way its easier to find.