FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Php help

TheMasterCheaif
I downloaded php unxiped it now what do i do after its unziped WHAT DO I DO were do i put it and what do i do that sall i want to know i want to know how to manully install php the thing on php.net is way to confusing so plz help Sad

†TheMasterCheif†
TheMasterCheaif
Ok i chose the automatic installer clicked no server and installed but know still my files with the php extension are all notepad
Diablosblizz
How are you going to run this? What is the point of having php if you can't do anything with it? You can already code php with notepad. I don't understand why you have php, when you don't even have a server.

If your looking for a server google some.

[url]xitami.com[/url] - Just a server
[url]apachefriends.com[/url] - Apache, Mysql, php, ftp server, smtp server

Theres more.. even going to apache.com and downloading their server works.

You might want to think about that.

Quote:
still my files with the php extension are all notepad

Also, PHP does NOT help you open a .php extension.. You would need to download something like DreamWeaver 8. Google that, its at adobe.com and its free for 15 days, or so. But, if you want something free (that doesn't show you what you've made) then download Notepad2.

Again, you don't need a server unless you want to view your stuff, like on frihost sites.
TheMasterCheaif
ohh so i just put it as .html??
TheMasterCheaif
Ok i downloaded xiami now what??
wumingsden
OK, are you hoping to use .php if/when your hosting account has been accepted at frihost? The option is already enabled and all you have to do is write some php code (this can be done through notepad (what I use) or any other program mentioned above).

You do not need php installed on your PC to write php scripts. php is only needed if you wish for your PC to become a server (meaning that you host your own website). To install php however, you first need a server (I recommend Apache).

Remember, if you wish to use php on your account at frihost if/when it gets accepted you do not need any special software installed. Just simply write some php code and place it in the public_html directory, as simple as that.

Are you trying to create your own php-enabled server or did you think your PC needed php installed in order to use it here at frihost (once your hosting account is dealth with)???
TheMasterCheaif
I just thought you had to upload php onto frihosts

So thx for clearing all this up i will dealeate evrything i installed onto my computer.

lol at me Laughing

angin thx

†TheMasterCheif†
wumingsden
TheMasterCheaif wrote:
I just thought you had to upload php onto frihosts

So thx for clearing all this up i will dealeate evrything i installed onto my computer.

lol at me Laughing

angin thx

†TheMasterCheif†

No, both servers already have php installed. You only need it on your PC if you wish for it to become a server.

If you have any other queries don't hesitate to ask, and good look with your hosting request,

Wumingsden

p.s -locked-