FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Help needed!!! urgently





matrixuk321
ok well im trying to install a web for my clan but it says "
before continuing, change access permissions
of files conf.inc.php and install.php (or update.php) " but how can i change access permissions and i heard its a number so to what number and i ignored that and i clicked install then it said " Warning, can't write in config.php, Check file access permissions (CHMOD) ! "


Any help would be good
S3nd K3ys
matrixuk321 wrote:
ok well im trying to install a web for my clan but it says "
before continuing, change access permissions
of files conf.inc.php and install.php (or update.php) " but how can i change access permissions and i heard its a number so to what number and i ignored that and i clicked install then it said " Warning, can't write in config.php, Check file access permissions (CHMOD) ! "


Any help would be good


I think it's CHMOD 777,

Google it.

Wink
matrixuk321
errm so in direct admin it says permission 775 or sumthing do i just change it to 777 on the config file ???
S3nd K3ys
matrixuk321 wrote:
errm so in direct admin it says permission 775 or sumthing do i just change it to 777 on the config file ???


Yes, but like I said, find out what the exact number is, I think it's 777

HTH
wumingsden
S3nd K3ys wrote:
matrixuk321 wrote:
errm so in direct admin it says permission 775 or sumthing do i just change it to 777 on the config file ???


Yes, but like I said, find out what the exact number is, I think it's 777

HTH


Yes, you are correct.

you have to change the permissions (chmod) to 777. After the installation is complete make sure you chmod the file back.
icedrakon
In unix related enviroment you need full acess to read write and execute
the first number is for the user the second for the group and the third is for the rest. The problem is that you are not an administrator try to become an adminstrator with the command : su or open a super user command promt for more info try manual on read-write perminsions
or ask me to sent you
wumingsden
icedrakon wrote:
In unix related enviroment you need full acess to read write and execute
the first number is for the user the second for the group and the third is for the rest. The problem is that you are not an administrator try to become an adminstrator with the command : su or open a super user command promt for more info try manual on read-write perminsions
or ask me to sent you


the last post was 5months ago. please do not bring back to life old support threads that don't need to do so -locked-
Related topics
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.