FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

True Innocents: Looking Back

S3nd K3ys
Here's another blog entry I thought I'd share with you...

Looking Back

I’ve been a parent for almost 4 years now, and I gotta tell you, life sure is different now. Shortly before we had Cz, I used to look forward and wonder what life would be like when tied down with children. I was used to it being just the two of us. It was like that for several years and I thought I would never get used to not being like that.

Here I am, only 4 years into parenting, and I often catch myself looking back. Looking back to the good ol days of not having to worry about things like going to a Christmas Party and finding a babysitter. Or having to worry about getting time off from work because of a sick baby or closed preschool. Not having to worry about many of the things I worry about today. It was much different then. Much easier.

When I think back at life the way it was, I smile. I smile because those were very good times full of fond memories and beautiful times shared with the one I love. Shared with my best friend.

I smile because every time I look back at what life used to be like, I can’t think of anything that would make me want to go back to that life. Anything. Life now is filled with even fonder memories and beautiful times shared with the ones I love. Shared with my best friends.
Dougie1
That was nice. I liked that. I do not have children but I can relate to you, the stress parents sometimes have but that in a way they are the happiest people in the world...

Sometimes Life is great.
tiel_99
Couldn't agree more with you.

Ten years or more ago, happiness to me meant being able to hit the town and all the clubs. I was a totally different person then.

Now, after having two kids, that has lost all its importance. It's not like I regret a life like that, it's just that I wouldn't want to go back to it again form anything in the world.

What I have now is all I need. I often find myself coming home early from work just to play with them, so I can totally agree with what you are saying.