FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Genuine Advantages.

pollux1er
My preoccupation is the following, I wanted to know if the WGA can block the windows copy of an user?
Alias
pollux1er wrote:
My preoccupation is the following, I wanted to know if the WGA can block the windows copy of an user?

WGA can block those windows copy that have pirated serials. Those users who have it can't have an access to the critical updates of windows operating systems. Other than that, the new microsoft OS windows vista is much more secure. It limit some key features when the updates detect that the serial that is being used in the prescribe OS is illegal.
orcaz
I think it will also spam you with alerts to purchase an original copy of Windows. Also, besides from not being to get updates, new software updates like Windows Media Player 11, Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Defender all require validation.
orno
WGA will ONLY block your computer from getting access to windows updates from the official windows update site... and it will also keep showing you a message that your Windows is illegal...functionality wise its still the same windows
neosree
But microsoft can make your life with pirated copy of windows miserable. It will continuesly annoy you, and even destroy your productivity. No more updates means your computer is being more vulnerable to attacks. The life will seriously be miserable. Go for genuine windows. Ask them to lower the price without lowering on functionalities.
billgertz
quick answer, it doesn't
blueray
Actually, I do thing the wga can't be prevent others to use the windows update function.
Because that basically a computer instruction. Every execution anyone who know computer
and assembly language can track in and out. So, it's only hard to guess. But not impossible.

Well, it is my opinion only. Smile