FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Acne question

ryukenden
Have you ever had acne in your life? If yes, at what age and how long did you have acne?
Captain Fertile
I suffered from acne from when I was about 13 until I was about 17 or so.

I used products bought from the chemist all the time and they did seem to keep the acne at a manageable level or even get rid of it all together. I also found taking up a strict regime of washing and cleansing, almost unheard of for teenage boys back then, made a great deal of difference.

Ensuring your skin is always as clean and oil/grease-free is imperative but you will always get that visit from the Zit-Fairy just before an important event such as a first date with that girl you have always fancied.

I am now a lot older, wiser and acne free.

I do however miss the sense of satisfaction you got when you successfully squeezed one of those suckers I know you arent supposed to do that but I always thought a red dot was more attractive to the opposite sex than a bright yellow shiny head of pus, nut much more but more attractive.

Regards
The Captain

P.S. A friend I had at school had the worst acne you have ever seen, I mean it. He actually looked like he had been burned in a fire, almost his whole face was bright red with inflamed spots, they almost all joined together. The school bullys used to plague his life.

I lost touch with him since leaving school but I saw a picture of him a couple of years back in the local newspaper and he complexion was great, a few scars but they added character I guess.

He had just got married to a young lady who is actually a model, he used to get so down about his looks when we were at school and he was sure that nobody would ever go out with him.

I was so pleased to see this after all the rubbish he took at school from the bullys.

So anyone with acne right now don't let it get you down.
cathylmg
I have it since I turned 14. Now I'm 30 plus and still have it. But a proper regime of cleansing, toning, moisterising plus mask that contains kaolin twice weekly keeps it in control. A diet with less oil also reduce the frequency of flare ups. Hope this helps you. Smile
driftingfe3s
I started to get occasional pimples around my first year of high shcool. Then towards the end of my second in high school it got worse so I went to a dermatologist and was percribed some stuff that fixed it right up.

My acne flared up agian during my third year at my university. I should of went to a dermatologist agian but I thought it would get better on its own. It did, but not to the extent I wanted it to. I tried various scrubs, washes, toners and such. Now in my fourth year I've go it under control and haven't had any ugly breakouts so far. Hopefully the regemen I have right now for my face will keep it clear.
mstreet
I had acne when I was 12 and I was very lucky that there really wasn't any big breakouts just a big zit or pimple here and there
arkebuzer
I got acne when I was about 15 years old...
Now Im 21 and I still got some :S
Im not really sure why... but I guess its not that "abnormal" since a lot of my friends got it too (and they are all 20+)
sangook
I suffered from acne from when I was about 13 until I was about 17 or so.

I used products bought from the chemist all the time and they did seem to keep the acne at a manageable level or even get rid of it all together. I also found taking up a strict regime of washing and cleansing, almost unheard of for teenage boys back then, made a great deal of difference.

Ensuring your skin is always as clean and oil/grease-free is imperative but you will always get that visit from the Zit-Fairy just before an important event such as a first date with that girl you have always fancied.

I am now a lot older, wiser and acne free.

I do however miss the sense of satisfaction you got when you successfully squeezed one of those suckers I know you arent supposed to do that but I always thought a red dot was more attractive to the opposite sex than a bright yellow shiny head of pus, nut much more but more attractive.

Regards
The Captain

P.S. A friend I had at school had the worst acne you have ever seen, I mean it. He actually looked like he had been burned in a fire, almost his whole face was bright red with inflamed spots, they almost all joined together. The school bullys used to plague his life.

I lost touch with him since leaving school but I saw a picture of him a couple of years back in the local newspaper and he complexion was great, a few scars but they added character I guess.

He had just got married to a young lady who is actually a model, he used to get so down about his looks when we were at school and he was sure that nobody would ever go out with him.

I was so pleased to see this after all the rubbish he took at school from the bullys.

So anyone with acne right now don't let it get you down.
m00tmuffin
I had relatively bad acne from about age ten til hmm about perhaps age fourteen/fifteenish. I used so many types of prescription and non-prescription acne treatments and none of them really worked per se...I was even once put on an antibiotic and that did help clear up my skin a bit, but I think the reason that why my face is so clear nowadays is because I don't use anything other then just water or occasionally an extremely gentle soap on my face and I don't wear makeup (not saying that all makeup causes this, but don't buy any makeup that isn't non-cosmogenic or it'll clog your pores and make you more likely to have acne and break out) so I think that helps also. Most people get over acne by the time they hit twenty, but adult acne is not uncommon by any means, and my heart goes out to those that still deal with it well into adulthood--I'd go crazy if I had to. :\
vaoger
well me my self is a very seroius acne suffer...
i live in a hot country... Malaysia...
almost all day long i under a hot condition which make my skin oilly...
i was bout 12 when the problem get serious...
my face full of it!! ( kind of ugly and having the tingling sence...)
until i get my sefl to the doctor...
well till now... i am 21.... my face is full of the scar...(yak!!)
but the acne problem GONE....
well the doc tell me that it was caouse by the hormone level change...
so ... nothing to worry... just wash your face more often to de-oil..
korbit
I've had acne for a while. I'm 19, and have had sporadic bouts since I was about 13. I find that shorter hair, shaving regularly, and (obviously) washing my face regularly can effectively mitigate the problem, without all the fancy treatment products.