FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows unattended editions

What's your opinion about Windows unattended editions
Works good for me
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Works better than the originals
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Very dangerous for me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not recommendable to work with
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Equaly safe and efficient as other windows
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I don't know what the hell are you talking about
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

ronald.helpdesk
What do you people think about the unattended editions of microsoft windows ???
DesChut3s
It only takes me about 10 - 20 minutes to install anyways, so I don't see what the fuss is about. And only another 2 - 3 hours for software, drivers, and fine tuning.

On top of that, partition backups make more sense the constant re-installs.
ocalhoun
For y'all who are as ignorant about this as I was,
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=unattended+edition+windows&btnG=Google+Search
Hope that helps.
ronald.helpdesk
DesChut3s wrote:
It only takes me about 10 - 20 minutes to install anyways, so I don't see what the fuss is about. And only another 2 - 3 hours for software, drivers, and fine tuning.

On top of that, partition backups make more sense the constant re-installs.

The "fuss" my friend, is that in some places in the world there's some people with lots of programming skills, and if some guy have two fingers of brains, and enough skills, can elaborate an ISO, and distribute it all over the so popular P2P that we all love, maybe with some agregates that tools like VM's can perfectly customize, and start installing here and there, obviously, some computer geeks, will suddenly find out how vulnerable the system is... but... there will be other, not so powerfull users, that can compromise their systems, with unauthorized mirrors, and all kinds of code. For a Network security responsable, or others, this might represent a lot of "Fuss"... and that's my concern. I know it sounds a little paranoic, but, my job depends on being paranoic. Thanks for the comments.
Straevaras
Unattended sessions? They're wonderful. That way I don't have to sit there the whole time waiting for any dialog boxes to come up and can be doing something better in the meantime.
askchris
These versions of the Windows setup are mainly designed for system administrators on networks to allow them to install multiple computers without the tedious questions and answers. I have also used these myself in order to prepare new computer builds for end user use, and as such as saved myself a lot of time and a lot of hassle.