FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HP Laserjet 1100 paper feeding issues

ronald.helpdesk
Have someone of you got a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 1100 working for a while, and suddenly swallows the hole paper lot, and keep on doing it, I need to know what to do with this things... the place where I'm working has 16 of em, 9 not working, and they're asking me to fix'em... me myself, I would throw all of'em to the can, and buy new ones, but... you know... some ppl think that equipment is for ever.

I need help with this one... 4 real... I've tried lots of things...

S.O.S.
johanfh
The 2100 does the same. How old are your printers? Normally equipment has a standard economic lifetime. After that, you simply need to buy something new.
Printers aint that expensive. If you're good, you are expensive. Fixing 9 of those printers costs a lot of time and money.

But I googled a bit for you and found a site with a company which fixes this problem. They fix printers which pull to many sheets of paper.
The link is http://www.cmcusa.com/htm/product/peripher/printers/hp/hpservice.htm

Let us know if you found some cure! Maybe I can fix mine too Wink

JohanFH
ronald.helpdesk
johanfh wrote:
The 2100 does the same. How old are your printers? Normally equipment has a standard economic lifetime. After that, you simply need to buy something new.
Printers aint that expensive. If you're good, you are expensive. Fixing 9 of those printers costs a lot of time and money.

But I googled a bit for you and found a site with a company which fixes this problem. They fix printers which pull to many sheets of paper.
The link is http://www.cmcusa.com/htm/product/peripher/printers/hp/hpservice.htm

Let us know if you found some cure! Maybe I can fix mine too ;-)

JohanFH

Ok, thanks... I don't think these white colored dudes be much happy if I tell them to eat their own words, and buy new ones... but I really want to say it... loud and clear... maybe that ways this dinosaurs hear it well...
cruzo
Maybe the idea isnt insane? If you have time to fix a VGA USB cable maybe you have time to fix a Printer. In a general way, all the printers has to states.
1) wearing down due to the friction (Paper Jamed)
2) Digital Componentes fused or mechanics parts broken

If you have 9 printers maybe can save one or two , taking part from the others.

And maybe you will need some parts that you can find in
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main

I think is better to buy a Maintenance Kits as this

H3965-60002 ($194.35) Maintenance kit (220V) - Includes fuser, separation pad and sub pad, transfer roller, pressure roller, pickup roller, face down roller - Procedure requires service manual

or

H3965-60001 ($227.70) Maintenance kit (120V) - Includes fuser, separation pad and sub pad, transfer roller, pressure roller, pickup roller, face down roller - Procedure requires service manual

(Are the same the only diference is the voltage, take care about it)

if the only failure is paper jammed.

In the same page you can find de service manual , in almost every cases is an easy procedure just remeber dont try to put something forced.

If there is other failures you can find the cost and the number part in the same web site.

i
ronald.helpdesk
cruzo wrote:
Maybe the idea isnt insane? If you have time to fix a VGA USB cable maybe you have time to fix a Printer. In a general way, all the printers has to states.
1) wearing down due to the friction (Paper Jamed)
2) Digital Componentes fused or mechanics parts broken

If you have 9 printers maybe can save one or two , taking part from the others.

And maybe you will need some parts that you can find in
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main

I think is better to buy a Maintenance Kits as this

H3965-60002 ($194.35) Maintenance kit (220V) - Includes fuser, separation pad and sub pad, transfer roller, pressure roller, pickup roller, face down roller - Procedure requires service manual

or

H3965-60001 ($227.70) Maintenance kit (120V) - Includes fuser, separation pad and sub pad, transfer roller, pressure roller, pickup roller, face down roller - Procedure requires service manual

(Are the same the only diference is the voltage, take care about it)

if the only failure is paper jammed.

In the same page you can find de service manual , in almost every cases is an easy procedure just remeber dont try to put something forced.

If there is other failures you can find the cost and the number part in the same web site.

That's the kind of commentaries I do like!!!!! solutions... look, I maybe make myself look a little arrogant with these stuff, but, It's just that I still enjoy repairing things, not replacing them. That's the esence of this job. Thanks man, I'll buy the mantainance kit asap.

i
Traveller
Another thing to consider is the type of toner cartridge you are using. In my case, I have an old Laserjet 4 that still works very well if I use a real, HP toner cartridge in it. When I try the less-expensive replacements, one page will print cleanly, then the paper will jam. When I go back to an HP cartridge, it works fine.
palavra
i have a hp 1100 also.
it worked 5 years without any problem.
then it started some real problems like yours nowadays.
i think i will buy a new one.
ronald.helpdesk
Traveller wrote:
Another thing to consider is the type of toner cartridge you are using. In my case, I have an old Laserjet 4 that still works very well if I use a real, HP toner cartridge in it. When I try the less-expensive replacements, one page will print cleanly, then the paper will jam. When I go back to an HP cartridge, it works fine.

Man, it's an honor form me, that a moderator takes time to comment over my situation... thanks for your time... and, humm, I understand the hole original cartridge stuff, and I'm using it, I've seen before, that there's a rubber paper pull roller, a small one, placed nearby the toner cartridge, that suddenly gets dirty or too soft, or both of'em, maybe that's the reason, anyway, I have three of these printers all over the place right now, I hope I can fix this thing, and I got the manteinance kit here too. But I'll use it as the last resource.

Anyway, thanks for your time, I really apreciatte this.