FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rambo IV (2008) , Rocky Balboa (2006)

Hayvanadam
Sylvester Stallone continue his classic series whats your thought about it ? Rambo IV coming out in 2008 and a new Rocky film will just be released in 2006.

Rocky Balboa (2006)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479143/
Rocky comes out of retirement to go in the ring once again

Rambo IV: In the Serpent's Eye (2008)
Vietnam vet John Rambo is forced to emerge from his reclusive lifestyle and take justice into his own hands after his daughter gets kidnapped
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462499/
shigajet
A new Rocky and Rambo...they're still milking both franchises? I'll take a quick look at the links, but wonder how successful it'll be in this day and age.
S3nd K3ys
He was on MNF last night. For a 60 year old he looks pretty damn good.

Hell, he looks good for a 40 year old!

Wink
fizzo
This will be good. Ill check the links later. Great work!
Captain Fertile
I’ll be interested to see these films and I think the Rambo one might be quite good (although I think this premise covered well in the 80’s by Commando) but the Rocky movie could go either way. Rocky V was a good movie in its own right I think a further Rocky movie may be pushing it a little but we shall see.

Another Rambo movie? I suppose they could squeeze another story out of it when Rambo’s retirement home is captured by terrorists. We could see Rambo wheezing and grunting as he struggles to get his wheelchair up a ramp, as nursing home staff look on he screams, “Don’t push me!” – sorry I couldn’t resist that. Embarassed

The Captain
jipmerite
Laughing Good joke man.

I have not seen him in any recent movies so don't know how he looks. But maybe he is a bit old to be playing such hardcore action flicks. But then again Nicolas Cage and Bruce Willis are doing it too.

Just depends on the story I guess.
Lusiphur
From reviews of Rocky (advance and press screening have already happened) it's apparently the best out of the series.

Personally I have reservations about a movie based on a computer game fight, but I know for a fact I'll go and see it. Chances are we'll watch all the movies back to back then goto the cinema to finish the series.

A new Rambo movie does not inspire me with faith though, disliked the series when I was younger, still don;t over like them (althought Mogwi does a great Rambo impressions, cookie to people that can name the movie)
Captain Fertile
Lusiphur wrote:
From reviews of Rocky (advance and press screening have already happened) it's apparently the best out of the series.

Personally I have reservations about a movie based on a computer game fight, but I know for a fact I'll go and see it. Chances are we'll watch all the movies back to back then goto the cinema to finish the series.

A new Rambo movie does not inspire me with faith though, disliked the series when I was younger, still don;t over like them (althought Mogwi does a great Rambo impressions, cookie to people that can name the movie)

Gremlins 1 wasn't it with a clip from Rambo 3 (the one against the Russians with the bow and arrows) - if that is what you were asking of course. Question
KoiboySG1
I have never seen Rocky of a Rambo movie Embarassed

i realy must buy the dvd's.
HoboPelican
KoiboySG1 wrote:
I have never seen Rocky of a Rambo movie Embarassed

i realy must buy the dvd's.

I never watched an entire Rocky or Rambo either. And I gotta say, from what I did see, that there is no way on Earth that I will be watching either of these flicks.

I guess new roles weren't being offered (last major role was back in 2002), so he figured rehashing old characters might get him back on the map.
chrismen
I never watched either and probably won't watch these. I feel like many of the people my age will have the same believes.
tuncay
I saw the trailer yesterday in the theatre. I think the topic just sucks and it's not even funny to make this movie. Rocky gets raged by his age?? haha (!)..
sonicj
I saw Rocky this weekend with my 11 year old son. I had mixed feelings about going to see it, but my son wanted to go. I was thinking it would not be good, but it was. It was good to see something I saw as a kid re-introduced to my sons generation. Of course Sylvester Stallone did not look as good as he did when he was younger but he still looked better at 60 than me at 40 Smile
AGW-Bryan
Rocky was a great movie. I saw it last Friday. It's worth the money.
kurd
thank you thank you thank you
Blu_Spykz
Good news is all I can say.

I've seen Rocky Balboa, and though it is not the best of the franchise, it is a fitting way to go out.

Good work
Kelcey
I'm a rocky fanatic... I can't help it. I haven't seen it yet hough.
bigdan
It'll be interesting to see how these movies pan out. I'm surprised he's still making these types of movies at his age, but hey, I can be proven wrong.
mrblah
bigdan wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how these movies pan out. I'm surprised he's still making these types of movies at his age, but hey, I can be proven wrong.

He's kinda like the modern John Wayne. Did John Wayne make shoot'em up Cowboy movies when he was way too old?
Jdakel
hahahah NO WAY! I mean, Rocky VI was awesome but you could see the difference in the way he acted and Rocky was never all that action baised. But RAMBO?!?! I'm just going to have to see it for myself, being a fan Very Happy
qbawler311
John Rambo is such a great character I can't wait to check that out.
marrs
Yeh Rambo Rocks!
just brought the hard metal box set rambo 1-3
Rambo 1 is a masterpiece and for you young ones who havent seen it,your missing out BIG time its cinema history,also I heard of a film with a large shark in it.Jaws I think but I havent sen it yet
hardcoregamer808
I saw the new rocky, it was a good movie, people should definitely see it and heres the wiki for Rambo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambo