FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop!!!!!

ccer
i think its the bestest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have used so many other designing softwares but havent found one compared to it.

its simply the best.....
knowing all the features of phtoshop you will find it more interesting to use......
but i stiill dont know a lot of things...

can anyone teach me some advanced functions of photoshop ...
i prefer CS2
reddishblue
Have you even bothered to google it, well anyway here is a good two sites to get you started www.pixel2life.com and www.tutorialfx.com
Daisie
Soz, Paint shop pro all the way here ! Used it for so long I know all the in and out of it... Not ready to learn a new one yet lol
dac_nip
i agree! photoshop the best!
Teddy1
Just like the bisto gravy advert Simplyyyy The Best!!!!!!! Laughing, Yeah i agree it's great software. Can do anything with it.
S3nd K3ys
PS is overpriced. That's why most amatures steal it. Personally, I use Gimp. It's free and does everything PS does.

And is open source.
The-Master
I have photoshop. It is very good. Adobe and Macromedia rule.
mEMBER83
ccer wrote:

i have used so many other designing softwares but havent found one compared to it.

its simply the best.....
knowing all the features of phtoshop you will find it more interesting to use......

i prefer CS2

Right... The best!
redice
ccer wrote:

its simply the best.....

i prefer CS2

For linux user, you may try gimp, it just like photoshop and free.
Da Rossa
That's a point of discussion.. is GIMP REALLY capable of doing EVERYTHING that PS does? How come, if GIMP seems to be so light to the system?
I think that the problem with GIMP is the interface.
Helios
Well, the GIMP can't really do ANYTHING that Adobe's Photoshop can, but I can do enough Wink

I used GIMP for about a year on Debian, and I can say that there's nothing wrong with the interface. You just have to become used to it.
Star Wars Fanatic
I personally love Photoshop, the interface is a lot better then GIMP, you have to work hard to get used to GIMP. With Photoshop, you can get the basics down a bit faster then GIMP. However, there is a bad side to PS, it costs a lot of money.

Here are some tutorial sites that are quite useful:
http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/1
http://www.tutorialfx.com/index.php

You can also look in the tutorial section for more links. There is a sticky with quite a few pages full of tutorial site links.
sceptileex
Well photoshop... its always been pretty good to use. Then theres gimp, but its user interface is just bleh. Either that or most of us have a problem adapting to the new user interface, huh?
achowles
I've been using Photoshop since v5 came out and I've stuck with it ever since. I've got CS now and unless Adobe can do better than the disastrous CS2 (terrible) then I've got no plans to upgrade.

The only thing it lacks as far as I'm concerned is natural media brushes which is why I use it in conjunction with Painter 9.

Does anyone know why Adobe are keeping Fireworks alive now?

Seems like a waste of time now.
turbosquid
I have been lucky enough to have the use of photoshop at work since version 4, i now use CS2, it just get better and better everytime!! I have tried other software but nothing really comes close to photoshop, maybe it's just a personal thing i don't know Smile
internetjobs
i am also tink so.. photoshop is the best one. it has all the specialities in all photoediting softwares.
Zpanzer
I've learned to use photoshop mostly by trying diffrent stuff, rarely i read a tutorial. I have the opinion that learning from a book is ten times better then reading a tutorial, if you have a bookstore somewhere near or anything like that, see if they have any books for sale that is about photoshop. For christmas forexample i wished me a book that showed how to make game textures from scratch, and since im also playing around with 3d, it will come in handy Razz
ltwomba
I think Photoshop is the best right now. It has the best filters, the most efficient tools, and I find it easier to use than any other.
However, Photoshop is not available for Linux. As I'm using Linux quite a lot recently I've started to apprecite GIMP and it really does a decent job. And I'm sure it will keep improving because of the huge community behind it.
Dart974
Nothing compares to photoshop ! I love it ! Smile
brycearonium
I just started using photoshop cs3 today. (it just came out today, the beta that is). anyway, it's looking good so far. the new features are awesome, including truning the layers into smart objects for non-descrutive editing. also, i like the new layouts, you don't end up having panels over you work area, good stuff. It also is just plain faster, and now suports universal binary. the windows version seems a bit faster too, and seems quite stable, so far! I am really enjoying the new version, check it out, and look foward to the release.
tumpat
yeah...
no others software can be compared with photoshop...
simple n easy...
Bengt
it's basically the standard for image editing.
Studio Madcrow
Meh, frankly I don't find PS to be enough better than the competition to be worth the huge extra price. Personally if you're going to spend money on this sort of stuff, I find the Corel Company to have the best products. They sell both Paint Shop Pro (standalone) and PhotoPAINT (always bundled with the excellent CorelDRAW) which are both great programs. PSP is just $80, while the CorelDRAW + PhotoPAINT package sells for $380 and is the equivalent of Photoshop AND Illustrator all in one package (with a little bit of DTP thrown in in the form of CorelDRAW's decent support for long text and multiple-page documents) If you do graphics on Windoze (or are a WINE guru) then CorelDRAW is your ticket to awesomeness... For those with graphics tablets (or really good mouse skills) Corel also has an uber-cool program called Painter which instead of being aimed at photo-manipulation is designed to create original artwork.

Also be sure to check out their WordPerfect suite which kicks the ass of M$ Office in so many ways it's not funny.
akshar
Quote:

yahh !photoshop is excellent tool for editing i have found till now
but other tools r too good like coraldrawetc try other tools too
and optimize your work
mialynavahy
yes i agree, it's the best and it's not so difficult to learn how to use it
CyanEyed
The-Master wrote:
I have photoshop. It is very good. Adobe and Macromedia rule.

theyre both the same thing now. Adobe has acquired Macromedia, which is why everyone is waiting to see what they do with Photoshop and Fireworks
magneto_ms
sure dude, photoshop rocks.!! learn @ pixel2life.com