FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PC Wizard on Notebook

orcaz
Hi, I haf a software installed named PC Wizard. It is basically a software which checks your computer configuration thoroughly and also checking CPU temperatures. It works fine on my HP Desktop running XP Home, but when I tried running it on my Sony Vaio notebook with XP Professional, it refuses to load and hangs. Does anyone haf this problem or knows the solution?
askchris
It could be that you are running some sort of firewall software on your notebook, other than the windows firewall, and so might be stopping it. So if you do have such third party protection try disabling it.

I hope this helps
DesChut3s
Here's my two cents...

In my experience, those 'doctor' programs generally cause more problems then fixes. Tuning a computer, such as temperature control and application management, can't be done with the push of a button.

So some simple advice: don't use that software. For the reason behind the hangs, it may just be incompatible if it alters certain things like clocks and fan speeds.

Good luck.
flameboy1974
Did this software come preinstalled on the HP? If so it may be setup that it will only run on an HP.
Also I agree with Deschut3s
Quote:
In my experience, those 'doctor' programs generally cause more problems then fixes. Tuning a computer, such as temperature control and application management, can't be done with the push of a button.

So some simple advice: don't use that software. For the reason behind the hangs, it may just be incompatible if it alters certain things like clocks and fan speeds.
orcaz
Quote:

No, it doesn't tune anything. It is a program which functions are similar to SIW, which analyses your system thorougly and temperature. It doesn't have any control to let you tune or tweak anything in your system.

flameboy1974 wrote:
Did this software come preinstalled on the HP? If so it may be setup that it will only run on an HP.
Also I agree with Deschut3s

No, it dint come preinstalled. I installed it from http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php. I use the program more to check my CPU temp, coz my computer auto shuts down when it hits above 65 degrees celcius, which sometimes happen when I play W3.