FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Boss-after-Gates





Arseniy
Just watched Bill Gates' biography and photo and asked myself an interesting question:
WHO will lead Microsoft after Gates' death or his retriement?
And is his retriement allowed?
Maybe leader will be elected? Or maybe Gates will sell everything to pieces?
What do you think?
ankur.vatsa
It will surely be interesting to see who does it. But given the size and success of Microsoft, I believe it has already been thought of by Mr. Bill Gates and probably even been answered to himself.
ocalhoun
Arseniy wrote:

And is his retriement allowed?

Of course it's allowed; though he'll probably just delegate more and more of the management until he's just a figurehead, and then, eventually, he'll die and those doing the management will continue managing, while his family (does he have a family?) inherits his stock in the company.
alkady
Arseniy wrote:
Just watched Bill Gates' biography and photo and asked myself an interesting question:
WHO will lead Microsoft after Gates' death or his retriement?
And is his retriement allowed?
Maybe leader will be elected? Or maybe Gates will sell everything to pieces?
What do you think?


Actually Bill Gates is stepping down soon from Microsoft after two decades of reign. Most of his wealth will probably be donated to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation just like Warren Buffett did. The Gates kids will probably be left with a nice retirement money "Trust Fund", Say in the 8-9 figures.
jongoldsz
Steve Ballmer will just stay as the CEO of Microsoft, and BIll's whole family gets his stock, unless he specifies in his deed, who all his money goes to or how to distribute it.
jipmerite
Well, like a lot of historic events we have had he (mis)fortune of witnessing such as September 11th, Saddam ousted of power, The Asian Tsunami, the end of Bill Gates would also be something we witness in our lifetimes. And decades from now when history talks of Bill Gates, we the witnesses will not even be mentioned. That is the way of life. Smile
sibbahz
There is no reason for it not to be allowed.
Im sure he wont sell the company into little bits, he has invested far too much in the company to just let it fall apart.
Id believe that the management will be passed down, and his family may get the business.
Arseniy
Quote:
Id believe that the management will be passed down, and his family may get the business.

And there will be "Gates' bussiness dynasty", richest in the world?
Boooooreee....
Nyizsa
sibbahz wrote:
...Im sure he wont sell the company into little bits, he has invested far too much in the company to just let it fall apart...

So his family will inherit the code snippets he retrieved from the trash bins of real programmers?
frozenhead
A huge company like a Microsoft was planned to have it's status now a decade ago. I'm sure Microsoft's Architect (Mr. Gates) thought about Microsoft for the next decades to come.
Blaster
Me and helios are taking over microsoft very shortly. We are over throwing him and telling him that "YOUR FIRED" (you had to read another thread to get the joke Very Happy
violetgnu
I have the opinion that Gates will not die. His consciousness will live on in code of someone else's design, and his body will be cyrogenically frozen until it can be revivified in a Frankensteinian experiment!
reddishblue
violetgnu wrote:
I have the opinion that Gates will not die. His consciousness will live on in code of someone else's design, and his body will be cyrogenically frozen until it can be revivified in a Frankensteinian experiment!

Hey I think I will keep that one for parties!
Anyway this will have been decided at least a decade ago, it will be the CEO (like always {not that I actually know if I am right}) who gets the president rank, Bill Gates was a revolutionary, I wish you would all stop bagging him, the world would be very different without Bill Gates.
monzoncf
I think, Bill Gate's richness will be pass on to his family. And then his family will then continue the business.
Ghost Rider103
I think he will either pass it on to one of his family members, or he will pass it on to the next best man that is working with him, and is still pretty young and can last another 20-30 years runing Microsoft.

I dont see any reason he would sell everything in pieces, I mean yeah he would gain even more money, but to pass it down to the family would gain his company/family more money than he could sell everything for.

I hope he passes it on to a family member.
manumiglani
Steve Ballmer Cool
Blaster
Bondings should buy it Wink

I honestly think that he will pass it down to his family. Most bussiness do that. But who knows what going through his mind.
chrismen
Well Bill is already rich. I head somewhere that he is only going to give 1% of that to his children. Anyways, whoever has the second highest amount of shares.
Blaster
chrismen wrote:
Well Bill is already rich. I head somewhere that he is only going to give 1% of that to his children. Anyways, whoever has the second highest amount of shares.

If that where true i would by 49% of the shares Very Happy
achowles
ocalhoun wrote:
Arseniy wrote:

And is his retriement allowed?

Of course it's allowed; though he'll probably just delegate more and more of the management until he's just a figurehead, and then, eventually, he'll die and those doing the management will continue managing, while his family (does he have a family?) inherits his stock in the company.


I thought that a lot of his money was going to go to charity once he dies?
Vrythramax
how many MS enginers does it take to change a lightbulb?......non, they just redefine darkness as industry standard.

I apologize to all you misgiuded MS lovers. Twisted Evil
Related topics
'Bill Gates' Book have you read?
Bill Gates picks his own punishment
Asian movies
Favorite metal bands
Yo mama so fat...
Sven to quit after World Cup - UK
The "Mean Team"
Rockman ZX Walkthrough
Final Fantasy XII
Chrono Cross
Game Ideas
Sonic and Knuckles!
Remember apple's weirdest Logo
Socially Acceptable Computing
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.