FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would be your Band Name ?

The Phoenix
I u could start your own Band, or if u already have 1...
What would you name it as...

Mine would be..

'Phoenix Reborn'

And what would be your part...
singer, Drummer, DJ, Guitarist, etc..

I think i would like to be the DJ.(like in LP)
anxiety1
Mine bands already

ANXIETY

i play bass

www.myspace.com/anxietysound
The Mitchell
hmmm ive had a few names. My band Sleepercell (named way before the tv show yes) has now been renamed 'Make Room! Make Room!' after the novel by harry harrison. If anyone has heard of soylent green ("It's made of people!") it is referenced muchos in futurama and there is the film version called soilent green.

Im currently trying to think of a name for my solo project and i was thinking mokita (meaning: the truth no one speaks) or the mokita project. Not sure yet though.
dephunk
My Band is already active its called Dephunk.....i play keys.....
Cephalic_Carnage
I was thinking of the name Necro Grinder. it would probably be some Deathgrind band.
Shewolf
Dreamwhisper would be a nice name for a band I think. What I would do? Well, anything I guess, play the flute Very Happy
tizziano
i think my band should be SPERMS. hahaaaaaa kiding Laughing
mistuh griddlez
hehe...me and my friend patrick came up with:

The Path Of Totality

For no apparent reason....oh well....It's a pretty cool name and is scientific too!
HoboPelican
Years ago there was a band in town called Twisted Shouts. I would see their tags all over town as I was driving. Of course, since I was driving I never really got a good look at the name and wound up misreading it...for the better I think. My band?

Twisted Shorts

Laughing
Vikram.Indian
Hmmmm My Band Would be :: Roller Coster Or Ajile
Ozzy
We're called Dark Matter Twisted Evil
mattchun
I've been called "Jerk".

It's a good name.
photon
"Untimely Disaster" - sick i know, but cant think of anything better right now :p
Captain Fertile
I kind of like, "Fat Girls on Mopeds" as a name for a band I also think it would be a pretty good search string for Google. Very Happy
BlockUp
I formed a band called the Undefined Orchestra.

I called it that for two reasons:
    Firstly, all the roles are undefined. Anyone can be the next lead singer of the next lead guitarist if they can perform the song well enough.

Secondly, it's quite a large band, and we usually get other people to join in as well, so you could say it's an orchestra.
blackorifice
my band is called contagium
jayrelle
I would name my band as "17ft under". Wink
engeland
Bands with names that DO NOT sound too game-ish are favourable.

So i say,

The No Name Band

But Captain Fertile's Fat Girls on Mopeds is the most capturing name i've seen here
Lusiphur
Vocal Disharmony

I'm lead singer.

Mates chant VD at us in local gigs, we love it.
EekMan
I'd have to go with something that will make people keep it in theirmeind for a few minutes after they first hear it.

So I would have to say:

Constipated Jesus

Laughing
Helios
Don't have a band, and I probably won't ever be in a band, but if I did had a band, it's name would be "Ad Nex" or "Theros", and we'll be playing black-power-folk metal or something like that Rolling Eyes
altmana
mine would be either:
No Driver
if it was just me doing some sort of electronica project
and if was an actual group it would be:
Monkey in a Diaper
Juparis
Some interesting band names--most of em sound cool.

If I could start a band (tho realistically I can't; nobody wants to), it would be called Resonate the Resistence.
...but then I went to a concert heard the band Rise Against, and thought it sounded like a poor rip-off, so I doubt I'd use that name anymore.

Still, just to be able to start a band would be awesome, but nobody has any motivation to up here in the cold.
Captain Fertile
engeland wrote:
Bands with names that DO NOT sound too game-ish are favourable.

So i say,

The No Name Band

But Captain Fertile's Fat Girls on Mopeds is the most capturing name i've seen here

Thank you, it made me smile.

I came up with that years ago when I friend and I were thinking of outrageous search strings to put into search engines and I came up with 'fat lasses on mopeds' but I thought some of the foriegn visitors here would be unsure what lasses where so I used the more familier word girls.
ThornsOfSorrow
I already have a band called Apostasy. We used to be called Necrosis, which means "rotting flesh", but we had to abandon the name because too many bands already had it.
angel_of_death
how about 'Danzordii'

i am already in a band known as the Cyst though. and i play lead/second guitar

another name : Drasgonsta if it doesnt already exist
BladeRunner
When I was 16, my first band was called:

"The Inceredibly Strange Creatures who Gave Up Living and Became Mixed up Zombies"

If I remember correclty we got the name from a particularly bad 'B-Movie' title.

Very Happy
Sickness
"Los monos saltarines berrean cruzando frondosos bosques" Cool
jobu
LOL got a good one for you!

The andrew cole band.

wow that one took alot of thought Smile
Alias
My band name would be "Tear Here" and I play as the drummer of the band. Smile
BladeRunner
jobu wrote:
LOL got a good one for you!

The andrew cole band.

wow that one took alot of thought Smile

lol...careful now...you'll rupture something thinking that hard Very Happy
ItsWesley
I've thought of a couple of ideas what I would call my band, and they are either; 'the sinful zombies' or 'remants of a hollowed mind'.
sondosia
My band's name would be Organized Chaos. Razz

Hopefully it'd describe the kind of music we'd play.

~M~
zion
Well, these are all I've seen on t-shirts, but I reckon any band called any of these would be so awesome:

Rocky vs. Bullwinkle
White Flour
Swallow or it's Going in Your Eye
Now with more Cream Filling
Wiid
Wii-tarded
Also Avaliable in Sober
999 Evil When I do Handstands
Til Sunrise Do Us Part
The Habbit
Come Back in a Few Beers
WWJD for a Klondike Bar?
WTFWJD
I'll F*ck the Fat Friend
Canadians are Eh'holes
Ladies Don't Spit
Drinking has a Me Problem
First One to Puke Drives
Tom is my Only Friend
Ribbed for her Pleasure
Autistic Kids Rock
Jewbacca
Pop Cherries Not Collars
Emo-ticon
Your Retarded
Insanity
My band at the moment is named Makeshift.
im not emo
my band name would be FINBYE. i was writing and just randomly wrote FINBYE on the page. i guess it's got some meaning. fin=the end and bye=short for goodbye. people like it though.

it's quite fascinating, but not as funny as Fat Girls on Mopeds. that reigns supreme.
emjawa
'My Testicles'. Just imagine if the band got famous! People everywhere would be saying 'Do you like My Testicles?' 'Would you like to come and see My Testicles with me?' 'My Testicles are totally overrated'. It would be a phenomenon!
xlosin_love&&
The King Of Nuns Vocals for a girl! Very Happy
Seiji
I would try to name my band on one of those famous myths in east Asia like Shinhwa. Or a three word idiom.
agustin
It would be: ****** up tonight!
The Mitchell
hmmm just had a good one. The Narcotic Sweets
rightclickscott
Running through all of my old names, it's probably be The Safety Scissors Connection, or Porcelain Chicken if my comic never gets underway.
Andrew426
My bands name is Wooden Handle, I play rhythm guitar/vocals/percussion depending on the song.

Our first album was called Broken Handle, I thought that name went quite well.

We are doing an album with my mate harrys band The Bleeding Eye Sockets of Hatred. The album will be called wooden eyesockets of (cant remember the whole name - but its long and annoying)

We sing songs about pies and drinking mostly.
gerontius
My band's name is Acoustic Snax... we play funk/reggae/hip hop/bossa nova crossover music. Cool name Smile
unknown_talent
I am and was in lots of bands and some of there names were The Unspoken and Burning Forward.My band is a heavy metal,hardcore,emo,goth,band and I play an electric guitar and I am the lead singer for both Twisted Evil
RoninRa
Me and some friends are currently in the process of making a Rock'n Roll band called "Nasty Reputation".

It's from the Skid Row song, Youth Gone Wild were he sings: "My nasty Reputation takes me everywhere".

I'll be playing Bass, Keys and Violin Smile
iNs@nE
It would be called tHe fA||eN aNgE|s because all the members are crazy fans of the Satan.
And most of our songs are either praising him or either telling people how shitty their lives are .. .Very Happy
missdixy
My band's name would be Asarco and I'd play guitar and do backup vocals Very Happy
Ozzy
I've recently started up a solo project.

And I have just called it 'The Oz Special'

Couldn't really think of anything else. Don't really wanna use my whole real name either...

If you wanna check it out:
http://myspace.com/ozspecial

They're only rough until I buy an electric guitar (and do better recordings)...new tunes coming soon also!
B4_Utopia
my band is "B4 Utopia" and I do rhythm, lead, vocals and sum other stuff depending on the song
gerontius
my band's name is Acoustic Snax... we play funk/bossa nova/drum'n'bass/blues/polka crossover
datter
How about the "Fabulous Frihost Five"... I'll need four other guys. Line up to the right please, lets go.
molif
my band name is

riptrip...!!!

playing songs like 311 style.. we are high baby..
debowski
I would call my band "The Brand New Day" Smile

just like Sting's song.
Captain Fertile
emjawa wrote:
'My Testicles'. Just imagine if the band got famous! People everywhere would be saying 'Do you like My Testicles?' 'Would you like to come and see My Testicles with me?' 'My Testicles are totally overrated'. It would be a phenomenon!

That is so funny - they could headline in a tour with my new band called - The Underpants and TWO reall up and coming metal bands - Skidmarks and Wet Patch. I can see the Flyers now:

Come and see
MY TESTICLES
Supported by
THE UNDERPANTS
with
SKIDMARKS
and
WET PATCH
Tonite only!
Central
If i had a band, it would be called, The pinky Swearers. It was a random thought that came to me as i was sitting in class and now it has stuck. I think i sounds stupid and that would reflect of my bands playing as well because i cannot play a instrument.
spooki86
Aj like :

Drinking has a Me Problem
First One to Puke Drives
Tom is my Only Friend
Ribbed for her Pleasure
Yantaal
my bands name is Namesake

because:

orgionally we were called Asinine but that was taken, so we became their namesake. the end
trarial
My band name is Smoking Chocolate, based off an inside joke between me and my keyboardist. I'm the lead guitarist and singer.
web-geek
i dont know what i would name mine... but my roomate has a band named

And the people will name us...
LordHateSphere
Lol my band is called Synopsis...

We used to be Christ Commited Crime ( CCC ) but we didn't take that cuz CCC was a terrorist organization so yeah...
Ozzy
Captain Fertile wrote:
emjawa wrote:

That is so funny - they could headline in a tour with my new band called - The Underpants and TWO reall up and coming metal bands - Skidmarks and Wet Patch. I can see the Flyers now:

Come and see
MY TESTICLES
Supported by
THE UNDERPANTS
with
SKIDMARKS
and
WET PATCH
Tonite only!

Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Best post ever!
RoninRa
Aaahahahaha.. Very nice one cpt. Fertile.. Worst thing is it would prolly work too with todays music standards Razz
shoes22
Jailbird and the Imaginaries
scottycrip
the band I used to be in was shumway. It's still my favorite band name. If you can't enjoy ALF's last name on Melmac, then you have some issues. (remember, ALF was a lovable alien who crashed into Willy Tanner's garage)
welshsteve
I've been in a few bands with various weird and stupid names LOL

Brokoli
Angus Flashback
Plastic Soldiers

to name a few.

I play acoustic and electric guitar
Captain Fertile
welshsteve wrote:
I've been in a few bands with various weird and stupid names LOL

Brokoli
Angus Flashback
Plastic Soldiers

to name a few.

I play acoustic and electric guitar

Angus Flashback!!! GREAT Name.
welshsteve
Captain Fertile wrote:

Angus Flashback!!! GREAT Name.

Hey, thanks Very Happy hehe
welshsteve
scottycrip wrote:
the band I used to be in was shumway. It's still my favorite band name. If you can't enjoy ALF's last name on Melmac, then you have some issues. (remember, ALF was a lovable alien who crashed into Willy Tanner's garage)

I remember ALF. Very funny stuff
cloudship
not having the talent to play instruments, since my fingers seems better for writing and kicking the keyborads Wink

Well, if I had a band of my own, I would name it in my name, cloudship Wink
I like new age type music.