FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ideas for a paper

psycosquirrel
I have to write a paper in English, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas for a topic. Here is the prompt:

Choose a product and argue why the world would be better off without it.

Since there are obviously many products that we would be better off without, I wanted to hear some ideas from other people so I can find a good topic to formulate a really good thesis.

Thanks in advanced for any suggestions.
ocalhoun
Internet Explorer? -everybody would be forced to use more secure browsers
Bottled Water? -less garbage with tap water
Blaster
I pods because then you wouldn't have hearing problems.
text books because then everyone could user the computer and more trees could be saved.
Traveller
The Internet: since it enables people to have remote users from all over the world do their homework for them. Wink
ocalhoun
^And that's a bad thing?
mschnell
Blaster wrote:
text books because then everyone could user the computer and more trees could be saved.

It's so annoying to try to read on a screen all the time; I would much rather use a nice, thick, overpriced text book. I know I've said it before, but the product that the world immensely needs to rid it self of is Ugg boots. Other than that, I think cigarettes would be an easy one to argue.
Arseniy
>Microsoft because there're many more reliable companys that allow greater services (linux) than Microsoft and Bill Gates.
>Iraq because there was you know what.
Montressor
blame shifting, because all of humanity's problems are blame's fault Wink
Anticollie
Well, I'm not sure how stupendous of a grade you'd get, but you could easily argue "George W. Bush."

That's for certain!
Anticollie.
Rico
Cellphones – they fry your brains.
Refined sugar – scientists discovered in the 50’s that its toxic to the human body.
Guns – because they kill people.
Cars - because they kill people and pollute the environment.
Knives - because they kill people.
Heavy machinery - because people could get killed by using them wrongly.
Computer monitors - they fry your brains.
Bra’s – they give you breast cancer.
Briefs – they make you impotent.
Swords - because they kill people.
Pens – they are mightier than swords.
Nuclear bombs - because they kill people.
Nuclear power stations - because they kill people.
Rope - because it kills people.
Gravity - because it kills people.
Disposable diapers – not because they kill people, but because they smell bad.
Reaper
Things to get rid of.... hm.. how about cars that run off gas? fraudilent doctors, people who wouldn't change their views even if you proved them wrong, mac computers, and if possible mc donnalds.
ocalhoun
Arseniy wrote:
>Microsoft because there're many more reliable companys that allow greater services (linux) than Microsoft and Bill Gates.
>Iraq because there was you know what.

-Linux isn't a company, nor is Microsoft a product.
-Iraq isn't a product either, neither can it be truly gotten rid of; it'll always be there in some form or other. (or at least until the continents shift some more)
psycosquirrel wrote:

Choose a product [...]
FinnyJohnnish
I would like to get rid of the product of 2x2.... just kidding
OnStar or any sort of remote tracking system- Big Brother
Think of a product that people are dependant on, used to be able to survive without and would literally die without it.
Droop
all you guys are crazy, the original date of posting was last year, I really doubt he still needs help with his paper. but just to add my two cents _ Cigarettes and alcohol we all could do without!! never the less all the controlled narcotics as well. that would be a good start hah - happy posting!!!
FinnyJohnnish
Droop wrote:
all you guys are crazy, the original date of posting was last year, I really doubt he still needs help with his paper. but just to add my two cents _ Cigarettes and alcohol we all could do without!! never the less all the controlled narcotics as well. that would be a good start hah - happy posting!!!

two things:
I'm pretty sure it's still 2006 and in fact the 4th was like monday, which it says at the top of his posty thingy
Don't ever take away my booze and cancer sticks
Droop
FinnyJohnnish wrote:
Droop wrote:

two things:
I'm pretty sure it's still 2006 and in fact the 4th was like monday, which it says at the top of his posty thingy
Don't ever take away my booze and cancer sticks

My bad, I did read his post wrong, I was lookin at his sign-up date hah. And to be honest, the poison we put into our bodies should be outlawed. Why should we pay for our own for sure deaths, I know that we do it for population control but we have enough land and recourses to keep as many of us alive as long as possible, but that's just my opinion Smile happy posting!!!
FinnyJohnnish
Droop wrote:
My bad, I did read his post wrong, I was lookin at his sign-up date hah. And to be honest, the poison we put into our bodies should be outlawed. Why should we pay for our own for sure deaths, I know that we do it for population control but we have enough land and recourses to keep as many of us alive as long as possible, but that's just my opinion Smile happy posting!!!

Are you by any chance a republican?
Droop
FinnyJohnnish wrote:

Are you by any chance a republican?

No I'm not lol Buddhist thou Smile
psycosquirrel
Thanks for the help everyone. I think I have some sort of an idea, but only time will tell if it turns into a good paper. Onward to writing!
ocalhoun
^And you don't tell us what idea you're using?
We'll see if I help you on your homework again.
psycosquirrel
I still haven't decided actually. I have an IDEA, not a topic Sad

More like had though, I don't think it will work out, so I may go with video games or something of that sort. That way, I can act like I had some sort of ephipany during the writing process, which will make my teacher think I actually cared, which will mean I will get another A on a paper. Very Happy
The_Gamer294
gossip girls. the ones that go, OH... MAHGODD i got these cute boots at teh malls last night.
Yazz
We'd do a lot better without cigarettes, alcohol and drugs. I'm a little more lenient on pot (not a smoker, just saying it's not as horrible as we're supposed to think). Still, all drugs should just never exist. It'd be a huge benefit to society, not to mention keeping more people productive and not hobo-y.

Also babies. The world would be better without babies. Yeah.
seanooi
I would have to say the world would be better without cigarettes, then people wouldn't have to suffer from lung cancers and I wouldn't have to go through so much hard work just to quit smoking.
reddishblue
Droop wrote:

Um no...it was posted one day before you posted this...
I would ask how would the be without Computer Games (I love them but this would be a good topic)
jharsika
Religion - They sell bibles and stuff don't they? Think of how many wars there would NOT have been without it

Diamonds - Again they insight (sp?) greed, and much much bloodshed.

Suicide seeds - Why should we mess with evolution?

Anything from Monsanto.
Yazz
jharsika wrote:
Religion - They sell bibles and stuff don't they? Think of how many wars there would NOT have been without it

Anything from Monsanto.

I agree strongly. Monsanto's a little bitch.

They don't want to benefit mankind with their genetic research, they just want to make more money at the cost of the world we live in. What a worthless bunch of researchers.

"Hey, let's make a seed that can't reproduce!!!11" "That's such an awesome idea, dude. While we're at it, let's spread them around until everyone is forced to buy new seeds from us every season or starve!!!!11" "ROFLCOPTER, you're so smart!11"

My God I hate them.
bloodeath
The world would be alot better without Weapons, without weapons war cannot break out, with out weapons, and no war, world peace comes, with world peace, we become 1 step closer to our "perfect" self.
Davidgr1200
To hone up your arguing skills pick your favourite thing and argue against it!
jharsika
Yazz wrote:
jharsika wrote:

Anything from Monsanto.

I agree strongly. Monsanto's a little bitch.

They don't want to benefit mankind with their genetic research, they just want to make more money at the cost of the world we live in. What a worthless bunch of researchers.

"Hey, let's make a seed that can't reproduce!!!11" "That's such an awesome idea, dude. While we're at it, let's spread them around until everyone is forced to buy new seeds from us every season or starve!!!!11" "ROFLCOPTER, you're so smart!11"

My God I hate them.

hehe. I agree very much. again. with you and myself....
Don't forget the drug/hormone that makes cows overproduce milk with horrible side effects on the cows...including having pus in their milk. Yum. You guys drink that stuff Smile Apparently, according to the movie "The Corporation" there is an overproduction of milk right now. EDIT: Because of this chemical made by monsento
mstreet
hmm what about transfats, cigarrettes, violent tendencies towards others