FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

chitka.net

hopmeister
I just created and validated my forum account but for every click that causes a page reload I get asked for a login/password for either scripts.chitka.net or pts.chitka.net. I experience this in both MSIE 6.x and Firefox 2.x. I have turned off both ad and popup blocker but the loging popup appears in both browsers nonetheless. This popup goes away after I click the cancel button twice and then the page loads. My login/password for FriHost does not work in this popup.

As I have said, I have a validated forum account and can login after I cancel past the chitka.net stuff. What can I do to get rid of th
mathiaus
user not hosted by us even Rolling Eyes
Bondings
This is the first time I hear about this problem. Would you mind taking a screenshot, this really seems weird.

By the way, are you sure this isn't some kind of spyware trying to get your chitika login information? (it sees the Chitika ads thinking you are on the chitika.net website and tries some phishing) Does something similar also appear if you go to - let's say - https://www.google.com/adsense/ ?

@Mathiaus, he is talking about the forums, I think - not related to our hosting at all.
hopmeister

I provided the screenshot but you don't have to worry with it for my sake. I was looking for a free webhost to work with pageflakes at work. I found another site that has much less space than friHost but is far easier to sign up with.

Otherwise, friHost looks like a good place.

Bondings, thank you for your attention.

mathiaus, sorry you are so uptight.
Bondings
Well hopmeister, better check your computer for spyware. It might have been an error, but there is a big chance it is indeed some kind of spyware/virus.

Anyway, good luck with your new webhost.
Blaster
I'd personly try to reformat your computer or run something like AdAware or Spy Bot both of which are free and legale.