FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihosters in their negative

Wynand
Why is it that there are so many Frihosters in the negative with their points? I thought that when you surpass the -10 mark you are removed from Frihost. Do I have something wrong?

I am not so innocent either. A time ago, I was at the -50 mark. Thank I do not know who that I was not removed.
saratdear
No. You don't have your account removed at -10 points. Your hosting will be temporarily kind of canceled. After you return and make some posts, you can get your account back.(All this is from what I know Very Happy (If you must really know, I was at -109 points once. Very Happy )
ocalhoun
I thought it was -20... Oh well, no difference.
Panthrowzay
Hey im in my negitives right now, only becasue My computer useage is extremely limited
S3nd K3ys
What is this negative points you'er talk about? Laughing

I don't think the account is on auto-delete. I think it's the mods who do it, so it's not going to be consistant.

Wink
pawelsz
I'm sure it isn't deleted automatically, because my friend has got hosting there once and even when he had really lots of negative points, his website was still hosted there (don't ask me how much did he have, but for sure it wasn't -10).

I think only automatic thing with the points is the warning e-mail which is sent, as far as I remember, when you reach some negative points... Wink
nilsmo
ocalhoun wrote:
I thought it was -20... Oh well, no difference.

From an e-mail I just got:

Frihost wrote:
Being active on our forums is required to keep your hosting account. If you have received this email, you most likely reached our second and last limit of -10 Points. Negative Points mean that you are not active enough on our forums. Please visit them from time to time and post more messages.

This is the second and last email notice. Your account might be disabled without notice in the coming days/weeks.

So basically the reason they don't remove your account is, I imagine, because they don't get around to it in the "days/weeks" when it's in the negative.
Blaster
i think bondings does it and i don't really think that he has the time now. Its really not that bad. If there is a server crash and new accounts need to be maken then those accounts won't be remade. So its still a good idea to keep it up.
dz9c
were never negative
Vrythramax
Wynand wrote:
Why is it that there are so many Frihosters in the negative with their points? I thought that when you surpass the -10 mark you are removed from Frihost. Do I have something wrong?

I am not so innocent either. A time ago, I was at the -50 mark. Thank I do not know who that I was not removed.

OK, after a certain negative value is reached you will receive a warning, but accounts are removed by Bondings on a manual basis, so if your posting has been good up till then you can more than likley slip under the wire (sort to speak), if not after a negative value of like 20....you may be trashed.

And the points we speak of are listed on the left side of the screen above your FRIH$ and under your avatar.....please read the TOS and rules S3nd K3ys....I thought you would have known them by now, and Mods can not remove an account, Account Creators (like me) can suspend a hosting account (not forum) temporarily, but Bondings has the final say as to who goes.
ankur.vatsa
Recently my visits to FRIHOST have been limited but even then I try to be on the positive side of the points. Infact, I try not to get lower than 5 and I think it is good for me to maintain a 10 point mark because 5 points is too less and if I am going to be busy for five more days that will be zero points. And I do not want my account on FRIHOST to be cancelled at any cost.

So now on, I shall raise my limit to 10 points atleast. I hope I shall be able to stick to it.
S3nd K3ys
Vrythramax wrote:
...please read the TOS and rules S3nd K3ys...

I have. I find them lacking and in-efficient and not followed by the very people that are supposed to enforce it.

Aside from that, I was joking about the points. As my count is typically 40 to 100. Hence the Laughing ing after that sentance.
Technaut
i once dropped to -5 Shocked . so now i keep my points around 50, just to be safe.
yaashop
My record was -40 XD Eventhough now I got my own website and domain (free domain with 20gb space and 50GB bandwidth for 5$ a/month sound not bad too right?) but I still keep frihost account because I need it to be my testing site. this free host is the best with all features I needed. Kepp working a good job frihost I will always support you ^^
Vrythramax
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
...please read the TOS and rules S3nd K3ys...

I have. I find them lacking and in-efficient and not followed by the very people that are supposed to enforce it.

I suppose you could do a much better job of it....if you didn't piss off the entire world and get hacked.
S3nd K3ys
Vrythramax wrote:

I suppose you could do a much better job of it...

I already do.

Wink

Actually, I'm only a mod on the one smaller forum, the one with only 16,000+ members, but I'm an admin on the one with 44,000+ members.
Alias
Well.. I have a friend that is hosted here in frihost and he got -150 points already. Does it mean that his free web hosting account will be deleted in some of these days?
S3nd K3ys
Alias wrote:
Well.. I have a friend that is hosted here in frihost and he got -150 points already. Does it mean that his free web hosting account will be deleted in some of these days?

As was said, it may or may not be. That's up to Bondings. My guess is that the chances are better now that you've brought attention to it. What is his user name? Wink
Hunterseaker
I dont think they have to remove the users, they might come back(im the living prove)
I had -50 points, tho I was going to be active again(even my hosting still excisted). And look at my points now, im an active member now(again), and Im trying to do much for the community as I can.
So when you delete inactive users, you might loose great members who will return.
Tho I think it is good when the hosting got suspended for negative users....
Alias
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Alias wrote:

As was said, it may or may not be. That's up to Bondings. My guess is that the chances are better now that you've brought attention to it. What is his user name? Wink

I can't tell the username because his my friend. Because I can't afford to lose my friend free web hosting account here in frihost, sorry. Wink

Maybe I will just tell and warn him about his free web hosting account here in frihost so that he might want to post again and contribute in the community. Very Happy
sibbahz
Im often dropping off into the negative, basically due to the fact that im usually busy at college or work now.
The webhosting is hardly ever used, im just keeping it active in case i need it in the future.

I also post on a lot of forums, so end up running out of things to say on here!
S3nd K3ys
sibbahz wrote:
Im often dropping off into the negative, basically due to the fact that im usually busy at college or work now.
The webhosting is hardly ever used, im just keeping it active in case i need it in the future.

You need more imagination. I've only scratched the surface for posts on this forum.

Wink
Inferno619
If your points go below about -10 or -20, then your hosting account is temporarily disabled. Your account here on the forums doesn't get deleted, though. You would get your hosting account back when you come back and make some posts.
solarwind
Look at me!
Scott
I habe a lot of negative points too. My university semester has been brutally busy. I hope to catch up over the winter break.
Ghost Rider103
I dont think you get deleted, I think your domain just gets put on hold until you start posting again. Then again I could be wrong, but that is what I thought what happend.
mstreet
I think there is an understanding as well. Sometimes life gets in the way and one is nt able to post. Health reasons, school reasons, work reasons, just no having time to turn on the computer and post. This is the worst I've been. I'm working my way to a positive again
TheMasterCheaif
You can get in the negative! Shocked
theLOGANhole
I've gotten negative quite A few times, I just didn't have any times to visit the posts and read, I wasn't even on my pc...

But as soon as I go myself back into positive points I got back my hosting.
I noticed after -10 your hosting start to be disabled....but not all the time.
Vrythramax
S3nd K3ys wrote:
sibbahz wrote:

You need more imagination. I've only scratched the surface for posts on this forum.

Wink

Give us your best shot genius. Maybe you should find a hobby, buy some fish, get a dog.
watersoul
I go through stages of being really lame - doing other things, study work etc, then I try to catch up with decent posts when I remember - if my old primary school teacher was in charge she'd write "must try harder" in red ink!
...she'd be right Embarassed
S3nd K3ys
Vrythramax wrote:

Give us your best shot genius. Maybe you should find a hobby, buy some fish, get a dog.

Enragement ensues

Lighten up, Francis. It's not what you think.

I was being serious when I said he needs to be creative and that I've just scratched the surface.

Vrythramax wrote:

Oh, ouch! Where's that report post button anyway?

You made it into my sig. Very Happy
Vrythramax
an ammendment.....
@S3nd K3ys,

I meant to to say to buy a fish or a dog and call it "Life", just so you would have one.

BTW...thank you for putting me in your sig, your advertising my friends. Very Happy
Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:
an ammendment.....
@S3nd K3ys,

I meant to to say to buy a fish or a dog and call it "Life", just so you would have one.

BTW...thank you for putting me in your sig, your advertising my friends. Very Happy

HAHA you have to love the K3ys. Sorry for the spam but i couldn't resist myself. Thats a good joke btw max.
reddishblue
TheMasterCheaif wrote:
You can get in the negative! Shocked

If you had hosting than you could, I have never even been below 44 as far as I know, I practically live here Laughing
watersoul
Arrrgh! I'm in the negative points again Sad ...have just had the worst couple of weeks, sofa-hopping at different friends houses until I could sort accommodation, paying 1500.00 (UK) rent upfront to secure a new home, which cleaned me out so no internet connection at home yet until more funds raised.
I'm connecting via Uni computer at the moment, but have got to drive home now to an unconnected home.
Couple of weeks then I'll be able to post regularly again - oh I love life's challenges Smile
icon
well, this is a relief Smile keeping up with freehosting points is too hard for anyone with an active or busy offline life, it's good the Frihost management team is lenient on the negative points. Smile and that they send you a warning first. that's cool Cool
OutlawSpirit
im in negs at the moment...but its difficult to keep in the positives when u so busy with work etc etc... thanks bondings who doesnt automatically delete as i now am making it back 2 positives..
saskshadowplayers
well apparently you can get quite into the negative... its been quite a while since ive visited this site...
Rako
well I've been in the negatives for a while first i went oversees with no computers for 5 weeks that lost me a lot like 40 points then i came back started to gain my points back then my internet connection stuffs up so i lose that for a couple of weeks. now that i am back trying to gain my points i am reading the topics but i don't think my comment would help so i lose points because i don't spam at every chance i get.

So even though it is a great idea the points system there are some flaws such as you go away and don't have access to a computer or your internet dyes.

It would also be good if we gained points for login into the form and viewing topics so there would be a lot less spam.
babumuchhala
If I am not wrong at the start, accounts which reached -20, did get their hosting removed, but as time has gone by, our Mr. Bondings has got busier, and had more and more hosting requests, he had no time to delete hosting

But, I know, there will be a day, when he gets up and says "Enough of all you negetive points frihoster, all you hostings gone" And if I am not wrong again, this has happened.

So, thats why, I am here posting this, trying to get myself, out of this negetive mess.

And if you want to know the reason, why I am in the reds then first, it was my educational life which i screwed up and had to get it right, and another thing is that I dont FEEL like posting (NOR here nor anywhere)