FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My PC always restart ?!!?!

heridlia
In a random time, my pc always restart. Especially using sound. I have scanned virus. It's no virus found.

Pliz help. Thanks a lot.
fala
heridlia wrote:
In a random time, my pc always restart. Especially using sound. I have scanned virus. It's no virus found.

Pliz help. Thanks a lot.

It seemed that you have a device drive problem, turn to "My Computer"->"Control"->"device management", find if there is a problem(yello question marks), then remove the corresponding devices.
ronald.helpdesk
heridlia wrote:

Pliz help. Thanks a lot.

You might be using the same IRQ for sound and some power management procedure (unlikely but possible)

You maybe have a faulty power supply unit. (Very common)

Check if your sound cable, has a meta housing, remember that the audio output from a pc has a little voltage, for sound amplifying reasons. If that voltage made contact with the case polarity, along with it comes a ???? yes! that's it... a short circuit, and the computer automatically restart to protect the overall system. (very unlikely, but possible)
orcaz
You may also want to chck the temperature of your CPU & hard disk with free softwares like PC Wizard. Sometimes, if computer suddenly shuts down or restarts, it is due to overheating.
tommyjordache
Here's what you should do first :

-take the cover of the pc away & remove all dust from the fans
-uninstall (through system-hardware) the video and the sound card
-download the newest drivers from their respective websites & re-install them (start with the videocard)

that should do the trick if the power supply isn't broken...

cheers

tom
blendbet
Unfortunately, this isn't enough information to get a specific answer.
First, set XP to *not* automatically reboot on failure as follows:

From the System applet in Control Panel, click Advanced>Startup and
Recovery>Settings and under System Failure uncheck "Automatically
Restart".

This should give you a blue screen with a Stop Error. Write down the
error and research it here:

http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

If you need more help in understanding what you are seeing, repost with
all details.
billgertz
I agree, it maybe a device problem. check the device manager if you see somethign that has a question mark or an exlamation point. if you found one, it indicates that there is something wrong with the driver installation specially for your SoundCard.

Lets not forget the CPU fan. check if your CPU needs more cooling. Also check for your Power Supply specially if you installed a new piece of harware.

or maybe you want to check for the critical logs to see the specific error that your computer has encountered.
heridlia
Thanks a lot for your solution.

I have IRQ problem. And Ive fixed it.

Now, my pc working properly.
xodia
heridlia wrote:

Pliz help. Thanks a lot.

this sounds to be a problem with your driver... depending on what o/s you are using... this is for XP, go to control panel, system, go to device manager and find the sound card... double click and see if there is a problem... if not then update the drivers... if you need more help then e-mail me @ cvarty2005@msn.com