FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Creating a new /config?

cr3ativ3
I was wondering if there is a way for us to create something that allows you to go to www.domain.com/config well not that since its already taken but www.domain.com/manager without it displaying in the public_html directory. Because I created a simpler website manager then directadmin that I wan't people of my site to be able to use but in it it shows the contents of public_html but I don't want them to be able to see the editor files so I was wondering where I put the editor so I can do this.
eepman
Make sure that there is an index.html or php or home.html or php in the folder

OR

make a .htaccess with the following in it.
Code:

Option -Indexes

and put it in the folder.
cr3ativ3
Uhh... Ok I am a little confuzzled. So where do I put this .htaccess file and where do I put the folder containing my editor I was hoping to put it in the folder above Public _Html you know the one that has .htpasswd, logs, private_html, public_ftp, public_html, and stats. So ya where do I put the .htacces and the editor I created.
cr3ativ3
Ok, I know its a little rude to post twice in a row also known as "Bumping" but this kinda fell out of view and I still havn't resolved this so I am "Bumping" it.