FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why is server 1 and 2 different

ncwdavid
Hey,
I was just wondering today why is server 1 different to server two and it has cpanel? Any time my site is down i go to the frihost server check thing and it says whatever is wrong with server 2 but there never ever seems to be a problem with server 1. Whats up with that? sorry if something like this has been posted before but i did a search and found nothing.
Animal
Server 1 was the original server used for both the Frihost website and forums, and all the user accounts. As Frihost became more popular, there were not enough resources available on Server 1, so a new server (Server 2 by the way Wink ) was commissioned. There is no real difference between DirectAdmin and cPanel other than the automatic install facility. However, IMO DA is actually much easier to use, especially for new users.

There is a Current Server Status thread that will make you aware of any existing issues that we are aware of. The Apace Server on S2 also has to restart every hour - there is a thread about this.

Please make reference to the Current Server Status thread in the future regarding any down-time.

-close-