FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blowing up an old guitar

Pyro Man
I know I know!!!! Its a shitty cheap one made from thin plywood, and has huge chunks missing. Anyone disagree with my blowings up? Will take place when weather improves.
The Mitchell
blowing up is always good. Id probably personally have a go at building it into something to try and make either work again or do smething else but blowing up works too. Very Happy
Pyro Man
Lol, still not got round to it yet...
gerontius
hey.... jimi hendrix did it... and it looked cool Smile
SimonWSTS
If its not worth keeping then why not!

If it can be salvaged then try it, building yourself a guitar is always great fun but if not, blowing it up sounds like a great idea.

Make it big and film it!
Srs2388
Blow it up Twisted Evil
I would. I would put a can of spray paint in it... throw the guitar in fire and watch it burn!
it would rule.
Pyro Man
Srs2388 wrote:
Blow it up Twisted Evil
I would. I would put a can of spray paint in it... throw the guitar in fire and watch it burn!
it would rule.

It will be a bit more constructive than that, I might use some special chemicals to produce coloured flames and smoke
calicamper
I'm all for it. A buddy of mine droppped a small book case on one of his, punching a hole into the back before a concert so he played the concert with a replacement and at the end bashed the ruined one and gave the pieces to the people in the crown, although he kept the neck to hang on his wall... Was wicked cool to watch. Film it if you can, and post the movie, should get some views... Laughing
Andrew426
If its an electric with a plywood body, your not gonna have much luck at all blowing it up. Plywood guitars are f**kn strong.

However if its an acoustic, go for it.
But do some research and find out what it is worth first.

At a music shop I often visit there was a guitar that looked like it was worth all of about $20, it was scratched and chipped and the finish was faded. About a week ago it sold for around $2,000, which was $500 more than what the owner was asking for it.

Moral of the story is, even if a guitar looks crap it may still be very valuable.
Pyro Man
Andrew426 wrote:
If its an electric with a plywood body, your not gonna have much luck at all blowing it up. Plywood guitars are f**kn strong.

However if its an acoustic, go for it.
But do some research and find out what it is worth first.

At a music shop I often visit there was a guitar that looked like it was worth all of about $20, it was scratched and chipped and the finish was faded. About a week ago it sold for around $2,000, which was $500 more than what the owner was asking for it.

Moral of the story is, even if a guitar looks crap it may still be very valuable.

Its a busted acoustic one.
Srs2388
I am crazy I know =p I would probably even try putting a small propane cylinder in it.... throw the guitar in a fire pit.
it would be awesome.
Pyro Man
Srs2388 wrote:
I am crazy I know =p I would probably even try putting a small propane cylinder in it.... throw the guitar in a fire pit.
it would be awesome.

Hmm, sounds like an idea actually
Sickness
Destroy it man! But record it and upload the video in Youtube Mr. Green
Captain Fertile
So have you done it yet or are you dead? Maybe just laid up in hospital with pieces of guitar sticking out of your face?

If you have done it did you film it too?

Warped minds want to know! Brick wall