FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Contrasting Sharply : My Photoblog

jylan
Hi all, I started this topic a while ago (10 months to be exact), but now my photoblog has heaps more content and a different design. It can be found at briterwebdesign.com/photoblog. I Would appreciate any thoughts you have on the content and design. Thanks.
benjad
navigation is confusing. You start on a photo page, then from there, it's almost mystery meat navigation. You click on the title to get to a thumbnail page.

Looks incredible! Just work on some navigation elements, and you'll be good to go.
jylan
Hey, thanks for commenting. I'd love to make it easier to navigate but I need a bit more info. Could you please explain the problem in more detail?
BTW, do you like the photos? Rolling Eyes
jylan
I have now uploaded the second version of the layout. It has the sidebar on the left and the colors are a bit different. Check it out and see if you like it.
benjad
This version looks better. I think I understand now a little better what I was confused by earlier.

Usually when you visit a photo site, there is a "featured" photo the site opens with, then you are taken to an index where you can see all the photos from beginning to end.

Your site is a photo-blog, where when you open it, you start at the last photo posted. The only options are previous (picture before), and archive ( index ).

Don't have much experience in this realm, and I'll let others speak up for how they feel about this style of navigation (blog like). It's workable, I think.

As for the photos themselves, I hate you! You have the eye... they look incredible!
darrenpaul
Looks good, the design is nice aswell. Smile
jylan
OK guys, what do you think of the website now? It has been at least 10 months and I have heaps of photos and a very different design from what I started out with.

Please tell me what you think Very Happy

Edit: Contrasting Sharply (my photoblog) now resides at briterwebdesign.com/photoblog/
vonboy
looks like you've got around 75 or so pictures, so not bad for content. the pics are mostly good, so thats a nice plus. are these ones you took yourself or what?
jylan
Yes, all these photos are my own, vonboy.
Hunterseaker
Hmm I think the layout is a bit to simple, tho your photo's are really great.
I think great pictures need a great webdesign. Maybe you can improve that.
the6thfactor
Those photos are amazing! Smile
asim
Hi Buddy,

Cool website with great pics, nice work man, keep it up.
jylan
Thanks asim Wink