FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would you do with your SECOND LIFE

TheCrimsonGriff
What is secondlife?

Second Life is a 3-D virtual world entirely built and owned by its residents. Since opening to the public in 2003, it has grown explosively and today is inhabited by a total of 1,755,703 people from around the globe.
From the moment you enter the World you'll discover a vast digital continent, teeming with people, entertainment, experiences and opportunity. Once you've explored a bit, perhaps you'll find a perfect parcel of land to build your house or business.
You'll also be surrounded by the Creations of your fellow residents. Because residents retain the rights to their digital creations, they can buy, sell and trade with other residents.
The Marketplace currently supports millions of US dollars in monthly transactions. This commerce is handled with the in-world currency, the Linden dollar, which can be converted to US dollars at several thriving online currency exchanges.

Feel free to check it out and post omments here of what you think

http://www.secondlife.com/

if you end up playing second life look for me (Mat Vig) and i can get you started Smile
exarkun
lol I just read about this online game on the newspaper a few days ago. To think I would see a thread about it here. Very Happy

Second life is a socializing game just like maple story. Players don't play for the challenge. They just like to explore and make their own things. I think my sister will like this game very much. Razz
Tvis
I just read that the first real millionair appeared in the game. It is said that you can change your Linden dollars for real US dollars...and a German girl that has been playing for 3 years selling real estate in the Second Life sold that many property that she is now a real life millionair.

More and more "real" companies are opening stores in the Second Life...this is too weird...Are there actually people walking around here day and night??

I just entered to what it exactly is. I'm not convinced yet Laughing
snowboardalliance
Wow just reading about it it sounds crazy. Like really almost a "second life". There can be real businesses and the money can be exchanged to USD (looked like $270/$1 US or something, but still). Is it possible to really make money from this without paying? Without any land, just creating objects and stuff?
Tasa
snowboardalliance wrote:
Wow just reading about it it sounds crazy. Like really almost a "second life". There can be real businesses and the money can be exchanged to USD (looked like $270/$1 US or something, but still). Is it possible to really make money from this without paying? Without any land, just creating objects and stuff?

Well most of the money made is real estate from what I have seen and you need to be a paying member to own land. But they have accounts as low as like $6 something. I have played in the past on an old computer and it sucked. After reading the OP I tried it again. Kind of cool, but I don't think it is for me I will of course try a little more before making up my mind.
amusic
Wow, it sounds great. I'm looking for such game for a long time. I'm gonna try it out now....thanks for sharing. Very Happy
TheCrimsonGriff
SL is for the more creative of us and the basic accounts are free
Captain Fertile
This looks kind of new and fun.

Plus it looks like it is free to get started and give it a try so what have I got to lose?

Thanks for sharing, I think I will look into this a little more, it seems such a simple idea but the best ones always are simple.

See you in my second Life.
ddukki
This seems a little over the top at first. Why would you live another life on the computer when you have one in reality. But I guess the second life is another way to socialize. I don't see any harm in it, except for the fact that people might actually LIVE for this game and lose sense of reality.
reddishblue
ddukki wrote:
This seems a little over the top at first. Why would you live another life on the computer when you have one in reality. But I guess the second life is another way to socialize. I don't see any harm in it, except for the fact that people might actually LIVE for this game and lose sense of reality.

Yeah well I still want to try and live in the World of Warcraft, nah sounds good , ill give it a shot.
Captain Fertile
I gave it a try and didn't enjoy it. My PC was too slow to use it effectively.

When I tried to get dressed and pick some clothes it just would not do anything I wanted.

The game client I downlaoded looked very slick and well designed, I was impressed by that.

It seems to me the pricing structure in real money terms for doing more worthwhile things in the game looked quite steep but I am a tightwad.

I would recommend people with faster computers give it a try but it would be better if I had a faster machine I guess.

I am probably going to uninstall it now.
amusic
This game is usually for girls to play. I tried on it too and felt boring.
hlavco
I checked it out the other day. Didn't really like it. The menus and controls are really confusing, especially having the clothes in all the different folders and stuff.

Also, forcing you to choose from a list of last names is annoying.
ForceRun
I heard that this a cheap front for online gambling??
pacslim
in the metaverse world called second life its now even forbidden to gamble or have any game with a wage or/and bet for money or/and a chance ratio, I do know and like playing secondlife after i had back my internet connection after a long while been offline i found this game and its as adictive as any game ive played before, it has no directive goals this makes it like the sims but better because it has its own economy and u play it with others online as a mmorpg yes the basic account is free (just skip the creditcard stuff) but if u wanna own land u need a preminum account tho u can nowadays even rent land in sl its funny to see a whole vr world in this world really worth checking out i say ! Wink
Also if u in this true second life, send me a message here on the board and me send my avatars name in there to you so we can meet up have fun fellow members Surprised