FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you like to go to the pub on Fridays?

ryukenden
Many people like to go to the pub on Friday evenings and are you one of them. Do yo think it is necessary to escape from real world?
Josso
No, I use the internet to escape from the real world Laughing

Nah in all seriousness the pub environment isn't exactly ideal, it's fun occasionly but not every week or more.
Hunterseaker
Im not going to pubs often,
tho it is important to escape from real life for just a few hours.
Not only through the internet....
tidruG
How can a visit to a pub be treated as an escape from real life? Confused

Well, anyway, I hate pubs. I personally don't drink or smoke, and I don't like second-hand smoke either. So, basically, I don't go to pubs Friday nights... nor Saturday nights... nor any other night of the week, actually Wink, but then that's just me.
mariners100
I hate going to the pub or bar.... all the girls there are ugly and i hate to smell like smoke for days after.... no thanks
shwetanshu
internet or bux for me.... also the muzic there is not acc to my taste Mr. Green
windrei
i just wonder why going to pubs is escaping from the real world.... pub is not part of real world ???
cybernie
i don't like going to pubs, even to bars and discos... i would prefer going to beaches or stay at home and watch movies or do gardening...
Drawingguy
Is that bad for you? The 'escape from reality' deal? I wonder if it leads to any sort of psychological dependence on alcohol. But no, I don't go to a pub on fridays.
spanx
ya it is wonderful experience going out pub
and have some drinks
so there is enough fun
this also gives all the rest to the weakness felt in the whole week
going out with friends and having chat
awesome
plz try it
u will ever remember my suggestion
Nyizsa
I like pubs. Not all - only those with a special atmsphere. You know, good drinks, nice decoration, nice waitress with big tits, and soft music. I HATE when I have to shout into my friends' ears to let them understand me. Given all these conditions, why limit to fridays only?
Pyro Man
Yeh I do like going to the pub, we have a wonderful 1600's pub (To all Americans out there our local bar opened buisness in, yes 1602) and although I do not smoke, I think you should be allowed to smoke in pubs, thats what pubs are all about, a guy escaping home for a smoke and a few drinks, a chat with mates and banning smoking is ruining the tradition of going out for a drink and a chat.
arkebuzer
I go there once a month... or maybe even less frequent.
It´s really great to go there with a few friends and have some cold ones. But I wouldn´t wanna go there too often, once a month is quite good for me.
And my wallet thinks so too Wink
Shiva
NO, I never go to a pub on Friday.. I think it's a waste of time..

I like to spend some time with my colleagues before I go home from work.. But never on a pub!

I don't like the mood in a pub.. I think they're creapy!! Wink
Pyro Man
I love going to the pub on christmas eve, its always a great laugh
kevin briggs
in ireland there is a part in your work contract that you must attend the pub every friday after work.
failure to do so leads down the road of discaplinary actions.
ha ha just joking,but i would say that half the single guys ang girls would go to the pub after work on a friday in my work.
why did i get married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rico
A wise man once said, “Oh! So you hate your life, well so does everyone else, but there is a support group. They meet at the bar on Friday nights.”
S3nd K3ys
I have a very nicely stocked bar at home. No need to go out, especially on "amatures night"

There are few occasions, such as parties. But for the most part, it's not worth the risk of DUI.
Technaut
i live in a dry county, so there is no alcohol.
yaashop
for me i like to go to the pub on friday and saturday just becuse I dont need to work or study the day after. also any day that I dont have anything to do the day after as well. or have to do it in the after noon so I still can sleep the whole morning XD. now I go to pub much less than before and I hope my wife will allow me to go more often Razz
alkady
Nah, it's not even worth going to anymore in Quebec. Not that you cannot smoke in a Pub by law, it just isn't the same, might as well go in a starbucks instead.

And No, I never go to the pub. I'm 200 somewhat days before Manhood.
Captain Fertile
I used to love going to the pub and clubs etc. but I seem to have left that life behind. The last time I went for a night out in the pubs was just before Christmas in 2004.

My wife and I prefer to spend our money on other things. Plus suffering from agoraphobia doesn’t help me too much.

That said, we are arranging a night out before Christmas on the drink and pizza after with my wife’s brother and his girlfriend – should be a cheap, and possibly short, night because my head will no doubt be buzzing after just two pints - my brother-in-law can knock them back like crazy.

SO it should be a testing evening foe me in a couple of ways and hopefully if it is a success I might even want to do it again – even if it isn’t always the pub (I find alcohol to be VERY overpriced) getting out would be good for me and the pub is an easy option.

Regards
The Captain
sibbahz
Im often in pubs, not just fridays. I dont usually drink to get drunk though, often one or two pints and the rest being soft drinks.
More into clubbing if im going to drink.

Im not a smoker though so it does irratate me when i come home smelling of smoke every time.
ItsWesley
The only problem with my goin into the pub on friday is that I'm not old enough to drink alcohol. Doesn't stop me from trying though.
Nyizsa
Okay.
So,

Pyro Man wrote:
I love going to the pub on christmas eve, its always a great laugh

I love going to the pub any day EXCEPT christmas eve. It's kind of a family day here in Hungary.
S3nd K3ys wrote:
There are few occasions, such as parties. But for the most part, it's not worth the risk of DUI.

What "DUI" does mean?
yaashop wrote:
for me i like to go to the pub on friday and saturday just becuse I dont need to work or study the day after. also any day that I dont have anything to do the day after as well. or have to do it in the after noon so I still can sleep the whole morning XD. now I go to pub much less than before and I hope my wife will allow me to go more often Razz

We have a 'nice' expression to describe like when you were drinking until 3o'clock in the morning, then you work from 7o'clock:
"I feel like washed sh|t."
Everyone unerstands this.
ItsWesley wrote:
The only problem with my goin into the pub on friday is that I'm not old enough to drink alcohol. Doesn't stop me from trying though.

Keep on trying! You will succeed one day. Cool
Utopia GFR
Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont, its a matter of physical and moral condition, I guess Smile

The more you age, the more you feel like staying at your place, surfing on the Internet, watching TV, playing videogames, listening to music , hanging with friends or doing nothing.. in this last case, I would recommend tons of sleep to recover from your potentially very tiring week Smile
S3nd K3ys
Nyizsa wrote:

S3nd K3ys wrote:

What "DUI" does mean?

DUI means Driving While Intoxicated. It's against the law here. You can get a ticket, lose your car, go to jail, lose your license.

It's just not worth it.

Wink
Nyizsa
"DUI" (or DWI?) is also forbidden here; I just didn't understand the {misleading?} abbreviation. That's why I prefer walking to the pub.
R2.DETARD
Here in Germany, they have English/Irish style pubs, German style pubs and bars.
The bars always have a kind of cold atmosphere and are usually just people talking, no music, so you can hear your mates. Nobody really talks outside of their group of friends. The drink of choice is usually a wine cooler (bacardi breezer) or some shot. (i feel like an idiot defining what a bar is, but i'm sure it's different in other countries) The cold atmosphere and the way people distance themselves from each other simply kills it for me.

The German style pubs are full of middle age/old people and when you walk in you can hardly see 2 feet in front of your face because of the smoke. But once you sit down with a cold beer there is always someone who is nice and will have a good chat with you. Sometimes they'll have a band belting out covers of 60's and 70's rock numbers and everyone will sing and dance along. It just feels welcoming. But the number of old people there kind of puts me off.

The English/Irish pubs are the best. They are about the same as a German pub, but without so much smoke and the average age is about 15 years younger than in a German one. The taste in live music is a lot better too.

So pretty much every Friday or Saturday you'll find me down at the Irish pub enjoying the music and cheap beer. And the company of English speaking people.
Weather or not that is escaping reality... well, I'm usually too drunk to care. Very Happy
erlendhg
I am too young for going to the pub Razz
leat397
I used to be..but I was too old for this kind of entertainment.
I would like to do some bowling, snooker, even an XBOXLIVE nba 2k7 would be my first choice Smile
Alienz
Yes I love it. Nowadays I can't enjoy drinking at the pub as I'm working Sad
raaeft1
I visit the pub occasionally; not daily but the day of the week does not matter. I prefer sitting at a friend's cosy home to have a glass of whisky.
mstreet
When I lived in the UK I loved going to the pub on Fridays with co-workers and friends. I'm not a bar/club fan. Although I do like a good cocktail now and then as well
godam64
i never visit any pub.
i dont like to going around on the night.
home sweet home Smile
skygaia
I'm not going to pubs often, but I think Friday evenning is very good to drink.
I would like to drink with my friends. Actually when I lived in Korea, I would go to a pub on Friday night with my friends. Most korean really like to drink. they often drink a lot.....

I'm in Canada now. I don't have a lot of chances to drink with my friends. many canadians don't drink like koreans even though most of them thought canadians would drink a lot....
Kyraxe
Love Friday night pub crawls =)

Need to have chicken wings in abundance though to keep up your strength.
UnikeViruz
I'm too young to go to the pubs but I party...But I only party with people I know I dont go to huge parties full of loud morons I dont know Smile Most those people just annoy me with their stupidity
rajhank
i like to go to the pub on Thursday because in our area weekend starts rocking from Thursday.
Ranti84
I don't visit pubs at all, despite being of age. The few times I've tried drinks...I never finish them Razz. So honestly, what's the point of going to a pub for me then? xD

I suppose I might to hang with friends, but none of my friends go either. We're all content with sitting around gaming and drinking caffiene instead of alcohol Very Happy.
Dougie1
If I was old enough to go to the pub on a Friday then I would. I am not old enough though so I do not. What I do instead is I drink on a Saturday with my friends Smile Laughing
FinnyJohnnish
I haven't been able to go to pubs in America because of my age, but here in Finland I've only been to a couple. I don't really like them because there's so few people even close to my age. Usually I just go out to clubs with my friends.
seagullspirit
I'm not a that big a fan of going to pubs on friday but I love to go to a local pub with my friends on champions league nights to watch a good game and have some beers Wink
mgx_virtual
I personally enjoy pubs very much, especially in good company, always makes you more relaxed after the working week, and it's always a nice talk with friends, about things you didn't have time to talk over the week.
cybernie
never been to pub... even in discos. i prefer to be at the beach or go hiking or trekking or island hopping.
Tatsumaru
In my opinion it's stupid, because most people go out with the intention of getting drunk as hell and being stupid. Whatever they see as fun, though.
amusic
Going to pub is not a healthy activity. THey usually drunk, take illegal pill, fight at those places. I would prefer going to somewhere healthier like sport, swimming.
Bockman
amusic wrote:
Going to pub is not a healthy activity. THey usually drunk, take illegal pill, fight at those places. I would prefer going to somewhere healthier like sport, swimming.

that would depend on what kind of pub you go to.

I used to go out every weekend night and I never went to that kind of places.
The pub's i went to were places where you could be with your friends and talk. (yes, ocasionally drink some beer or other alcoholic drink, but with moderation).

Now I'm grounded from going out on weekends.. it's called having a baby.

Be Well Cool
sbel
Going to pubs after enduring a long week at work can be relaxing. Yes it's like taking you away from the real world. After you've had a couple of beers, you'd enjoy talking to your friends, dancing and if there's a good rock band you'd enjoy the dancing part even more.

But going on a weekly basis has it's disadvantages. Like if you do not be careful, you may be overspending within the month itself.