FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your experience with Microsoft Office VISTA 2007?

ryukenden
I bought a PC magazine and got a free software of Vista and I installed it in my computer. It does not include Microsoft Frontpage.

I like Vista Publisher designs but for most software, it looks different from previous version.

I got problem with Powerpoint Vista. I put images (animated) and save in previous office version format but when I did presentation, the animation doesn't appear. It is a bit disappointing.

What is your experience?
vinx_18
I havn't use vista....But my friend told me that vista is a lot different from xp or the older versions. He said vista was created from scratch...is this true? or wat.... This means that they did not upgrade xp...They make a new and great OS.
ryukenden
Yes, your friend is right. It looks quite different from XP.
quake_SA
I absolutely love the new "beta" version.

Just takes a minute or 2 to get use to the menu layout. But the added extras and features makes up for that threefold.
djclue917
ryukenden wrote:
I bought a PC magazine and got a free software of Vista and I installed it in my computer. It does not include Microsoft Frontpage.

I like Vista Publisher designs but for most software, it looks different from previous version.

I got problem with Powerpoint Vista. I put images (animated) and save in previous office version format but when I did presentation, the animation doesn't appear. It is a bit disappointing.

What is your experience?

Just a thought, there's no "Microsoft Office VISTA 2007", simply Microsoft Office 2007...
djclue917
vinx_18 wrote:
I havn't use vista....But my friend told me that vista is a lot different from xp or the older versions. He said vista was created from scratch...is this true? or wat.... This means that they did not upgrade xp...They make a new and great OS.

I doubt that it was made from scratch. The visual appearance of software isn't in any way connected to how its internals are coded. Some software's code may change drastically without even affecting how it looks and how it feels. Take for example, code refactoring.

With that said, Vista isn't made from scratch. That's actually how operating systems evolve. However, Vista didn't evolve in a way that things got simplified. It evolved in a way such that things got more and more complicated thus pushing the release date of Vista further and further than planned.

Because of its great deal of complexity, experts say that Windows Vista will be the last of its kind and that future version of Windows will be more of a redesign (or maybe a complete rewrite) of Windows.
vm_yap
i've tried office 2007, and it was ok. I hate that you can't change the default font to times new roman and the line spacing is set to auto which I have to set it to 0pt every time I create a new document.

windows vista is a visually threat. It also has widgets like mac osx and a search option like spotlight of mac osx.
akshar
Quote:

My friend had too brought it,i think he had brought Cd frm someone. there was some problem in loading .plus some of his softwares were not working
efficiently like autocad 2005.it was giving problem with latest frontpage package too.i m finding more information on updates and plugins of vista.u too check
ltwomba
well, i've used office 2007 for a few months and it really looks good, but i'm not sure the new interface is easier to use than the old one.
cruzo
I tried Vista and office 2007 in a good and new Dell Desktop .(P4 3GHz 1G RAM 80GB DD)
That was the most terrible idea . My desktop become a complete and stupid machine. I cant support it. In a week I return to WXP
I know was my fault, The Hardware requeriment are high. My Computer didnt have external Graphics Card but also had a 1 GB RAM. Anyway
Other workmates has had the same experience.
When I return to W XP I decide use office 2007, and IE7
so my computer is so good for them. I made a decision ,forget windows vista for a while.
kiranaghor
Can Ofice 2k7 be used on XP and 2000? I have no plans to get vista on my machine.
soulman
I am using office 2007 for windowXP, very different than other versions and I had to explorer it for two days getting used to it.
ammonkc
I love Office 2007. I've been a big fan of all the Office upgrades over the years. But Vista is a different story. after all vista is still just "Windows" in the end. and will inherit all the same problems that have plagued the windows platform for years. it wont take long for hackers to chop up vistas security. But I think Linux is mature enough to be a great alternative for people who are tire of being locked into the windows paradigm. I think linux will see some growth in market share in the next year or two.
pashmina
i really think office 2007 is the best. due to its accessibility. i haven't used the the vista version
zeene
vinx_18 wrote:

I can never believe that Microsoft would create an OS from scratch. It's not a cost effective way to sell softwares.
zeene
pashmina wrote:
i really think office 2007 is the best. due to its accessibility. i haven't used the the vista version

I got the Office 2007 Student Edition and I can't be more happy with Microsoft, they were truly innovative on this 9and hopeful on Vista). You could read my rant about Office 2007 on my blog: http://www.zenecherub.com/archives/34-Sweet-,-Sweet-Microsoft-Office-2007.html
WickedGravity
Office 2007 is a nice visual experience to be sure, but, OpenOffice.org still has the edge in mind. It supports that Microsoft is just now starting to take into consideration.

Granted, most of us don't need to open StarOffice documents, but for the few of us who do, well, i think it is pretty self-explanatory.
jrschool
Terrible now in my country is not yet work for Sad
but love that link of first post... 555
blk3
Remember how XP didnt take off when first launched, the main reason was that most PC owners doesnt have hardware powerful enough to run it, it took a few years before it got adapted by lots of PC users, like today. Same thing will happen with Vista a few years from now it after a few or more patches and users upgrading to more powerful machines Vista will run the way its creators envisioned it. But for now XP is fine with me, Ill upgrade to Vista maybe in a few years time.
dayveday
At the moment my little laptop is in beta heaven! I'm running Office 2007, Vista RC2 and Live OneCare at the moment (and dreading the moment I actually have to pay for any of them!)

Vista is fantastic. It still has a little crashing issues, but they are minor (I don't really notice when things are failing, even when it reports they are), and they are all reportadly fixed in the final version. The new start menu is great, particularly the built-in search function. When you click the start button, you just need to type the name of the program (or even some commands as if they were on the command line) and the menu will find them for you. Much nicer than the old menu, which took a lot of effort to keep in neat order.

Office 2007 is great too. I particularly liked the equation editor in this version, which uses in-line formatting, much like LaTeX does. LaTeX still seems to be more powerful, but office is so much easier to use. And because it all is done in XML now, I'm sure we'll begin to see some very powerful freeware addons and third-party systems which can support it.

I actually did all the programming and report writing for the thesis with vista and office 2007, and didn't have too many problems. Office did have troubles using the type of bibliographies I needed (even though EndNote is so terrible, it was still better than office's functions), and got bloated with the diagrams I put in. However, for quick reports and letters, it can't be easier.