FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MUSIC, is it necessary?

Alias
not that im not a music lover, its just that i noticed that in the lyrics of a song, the singer always seems to be dreaming to achieve something or sometimes remorse about something, others cry, some smile, while others just want to heat the beats and rhythm of the sound, well, yeah i know life is dull without music, its necessary "now" bot how about before there was music? what is there? life still goes on even with or without music right? so whats my point? i dont know. Laughing thanks for reading my opinion (about the latter part, i was just kidding ). Smile
The-Master
Before Music.... I actually think ever since man has been able to grunt they have tried to entertain each other by grunting cleverly on banging rocks to a beat, etc.

Also without music life would be even more boring.

Going thorough a supermarket, complete silence apart from the noise of people talking.

No Illegal music downloads, Shocked No music Industry to go crazy anything was posted on youtube.

And think about films with no music. James Bond with no Intro, the pink panther with no tune. They just wouldn't be the same... [/my two cents]
JBotAlan
I think there must've been a time without music, but I'm sure that there had to have been some sort of rhythm. I don't know what it is, but we have some strange tendency to be attracted to music/rhythm. I know I couldn't live without music, but I also know that I was raised with it.

JBot
Josso
It's just another one of those essential entertainment things, I couldn't live without it.
Scott
There has been music for a long long time. I would go as far as to say for the entirety of human existence.

Life would be a lot less fun without it.
tingkagol
Alias wrote:
not that im not a music lover, its just that i noticed that in the lyrics of a song, the singer always seems to be dreaming to achieve something or sometimes remorse about something, others cry, some smile, while others just want to heat the beats and rhythm of the sound, well, yeah i know life is dull without music, its necessary "now" bot how about before there was music? what is there? life still goes on even with or without music right? so whats my point? i dont know. Laughing thanks for reading my opinion (about the latter part, i was just kidding ). Smile

let's just say the cavemen were underprivileged in so many ways (not only music) when you compare it to the modern day homosapien.
Ducksteina
I couldn't live without music. Sometimes you just need music - when you're sad, when you want to relax, when you want to party etc.
If there was no music, I'd invent it Wink
Alias
i know, i know, i play my guitar, composed a couple of songs, its fun! im just curious of where it started and what does it mean, thanks for the replies.
Pyro Man
I couldn't either live without music. Its a HUGE part of my life.
hsadmin
I think music has always been around. Think about it. I'm sure a lot of us, when were just sitting there, we play little tunes with our fingers on our legs or something.

All music really is, is a series of beats. So, think about this. During war, back when they would shoot arrows. They would shoot them in order. Like 1, 2, 34, 5, 6, 78,910.
tony
of course. i couldnt live w/o it
SATAHRIBAT
i love it,
you are unique man,
i advice you to go to a psychologist, i am seriuos you are not normal.
SimonWSTS
Music is necessary if you ask me, I would go mad without it.

I'm going to have to agree with you on quite knowing what the point of ur thread is but I personally think that music is an art form to be treasured as human creativity at its highest form.
timm.mccoy
music is necessary. it can be the highest form of emotional self-expression. the tone of a song, sets a mood. and you immeadiately know what it is. some classical pieces, when performed right, can literally give you chills. and before there was, what you call, music. man has always been able to create rhythms and beats to express himself. self-expression is essential. whether it's through listening to or playing music, viewing or creating art, self-expression has always been key in our lives.
Ozzy
I can't function without music.
onlybooks
When you need to be relaxed doing a lot of heavy works listening music is one of the best way to get rid of headache. I love music in any form, And is necessary for life
spaz-o
Music is more than just entertainment. It's a therapy, a release. Everyone needs one, and a lot of people find it in music. Whether it's singing along to a pop song about a stupid boy or moshing to a screamo song that you don't really know what it's about, it's a release. Of energy, of emotion. And it's beyond necessary.

I wouldn't be half the person I am now without the influence of music and recording artists. Their music speaks stronger than words ever can, because it's more than just lyrics. It's also how everything comes together. I know it sounds cheesy, but it truely is art. Get something as small as the sound quality or volume levels off and an amazing song can sound like shit - it's such a delicate thing.

Music's been around forever. People have always sung, and so have birds and other animals. It's simple, but it's still music.

But on the other hand, all that's NECESSARY is food, water, shelter and medical assistance. That's if we wanna be minimalists, purely focused on maintaining breathing.
soulman
it's a complete different feeling when you speak and sing, music is unique for us to enjoy our life, yes, it's necessary.
Alkmania
Where would we be without music? Seriously, who can live in a world in which people like P. Diddy and the Pussycat Dolls weren't really rich and were just normal people... Wink
Subsonic Sound
Is it essential to life? No. Ultimately on an individual level, only things related to maintaining homeostasis are essential, and on a species level, only things related to reproduction are essential.

Food, drink, shelter, and a mate, and the essentials of life are fulfilled.

But that doesn't downplay the importance of music. It is, after all, a massive part of my own life, being both a musician and a sound engineer.
evanc88
Music as it is today hasn't, no, existed forever. But music has. Part of why we as humans are as sophisticated as we are is our ability to reason paired with our desire and need to delve deeper, to learn more about life itself. Music, art, literature--all of them are ways of expressing this desire, I think. Art has obviously existed before literature, and somewhere along the line music was born too and I definitely think it dates back that far. Music in itself wasn't notated until much later but even still, it has survived for a long time. Even in literature music exists, such as poetry. The earliest forms of literature were music, folk and traditional songs written down after having been sung for generations.

Music is a part of humanity and as such is an essential part of life, I think, even if some people don't take too much of an interest in it. Through evolution, even, I think we're predisposed to loving music. As humans the music we connect to strikes a chord (no pun intended) in our brains, sends chemical reactions through our body and emotionally, spiritually connect with us on the deepest level of our humanity.

So, yeah, I definitely think music is essential Wink

edit- To the post above me, I agree in that technical respect but on a level past the most animalistic representation of a human being, I think art, music, literature, all of them are the essential ways to express our humanity.
jayrelle
For me music is not just a sound, not just a melody, music is life. it defines a human being. Wink
shigajet
Depends on how one defines music. One could argue that even nature sounds coulad also be music, just as valid as anything that is recorded or performed.

IMHO, without music, life would be rather dull. It's a great way to escape the humdrum of everyday trials and tribulations.
Magicman
Music is as old as time itself. Imagine going through a day without any music. It would be extremely boring. I don't think it is possible to even not have music.
Jakob [JaWGames]
I believe that music have existed in various form since the first humanbeings. In the beginning it was various ways of banging on things and similiar things but when the human evolved, so did the music.
eLxMojOx
lol , i cant live without music!
i think in music in school , house , i sing songs for myself

I LOVE MUSIC Razz
frozenhead
Music is as old as time, it's a part of human existence.
darth_revan
Music is good, as long as you don't mix it with your greed..
mooreadmin
I think in music in school ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
trumnation
Music has been around a long time, Just as frozenhead said, its as old as time and part of human existence. Even before people could play instruments or instruments were invented, people were creating rythms on rocks trees etc. I don't think I could live without music, I don't think anyone could live without it.
love2infekt
Well I have to say that music does play a big role in society and in many cultures but honestly music has been there for me when so many other things have not. I could seriously say that if music was not here for me, I would most likely be not on this earth.
themarauder
of course music isn'r necessary , but that would be saying that working isn't necessary, relaxing or anything. Lifer is made so that you can enjoy it to the fullest nad if your just the type of person thats a bum and doesn't wanna do something exra in life, fine u don't need musica. But for the rest of us, i think we will agree that Earth wouldn'[t be half as fun as it is now without music
eggg
Is anything necessary? Humans exist, and music exists. Music has grown from some characteristic of humanity and it will exist as long as that part of ourselves.