FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So...here's my problem

Eyre
This is a long one....

So anyway, i'm not a generally big fan of myspace, so i'm usually not keeping up with all the friends or whatever. So this girl sends me a friend request, and i accept. I left her a comment if she went to my highschool or not. She told me that she just moved down from South Carolina, and she was going to be going to OHS. So i was like cool and whatever, we started talking and i got her screen name. We talked for a LONG time. Like probably from about 1PM to 11PM. Then i went to sleep, woke up and talked to her for the rest of the day. I got to know her a little bit and kinda started liking her but i wasn't getting my hopes because i was still talking to her over the computer. We talked a lot in like 4 days, probably close to 72 hours. I really started liking her, because everything about her just seemed so awesome and she fit basically every quality i want in a girl. she was extremely pretty, she surfed, she was nice, and just generally seemed like an amazing person to be around. So i was cool, maybe i finally found a girl. So we made plans to go to the mall last saturday night and just chill, considering the fact thats the only thing remotely close to fun in my town. So saturday night rolls around, and i get home from church and check to see if she's still up for it. Turns out her little siblings would have to go with her because her mom wanted her to. So i was like "yeah thats cool, we can take them to the arcade in FYE". And she agreed to that and tried to get them to come, but they wouldn't go. So i told her that i'd buy them candy if they came =). Then her little sister wanted to go. But her little brother wouldn't go for anything. So we canceled that night, and we just talked for a while. Woke up the next morning, she got on, and we made plans to meet up at the mall around 3. This time she could go actually. I got there at 3. By 4 i was wondering where she was. By 5 i'd played every single game in FYE arcade. By 6 i'd already eaten and was on my way home, and took my sister shopping. I got home and she wasn't online, and wasn't online for the next 3 days either. I got an IM from some freaky chick from another school who was trying to figure out who this girl was. So i chatted with that weird girl, and thats when i started wondering if she was fake. So i just kept going, then i got an email that was telling me that her mom took the car from her on sunday so she couldn't go to the mall. She got grounded for talking back to her about it and that's why she hadn't been online. I slightly asked her if she was real or not, and she told she knew it was almost impossible to believe that she was real, but just to try. I already liked this girl more than a little (which was weird because i'd only met her online) so i believed her. I couldn't wait to meet her, and it's all i thought about. I thought she was completely real. So i did some researching just to make sure, and that freaky chick had given me this girls photobucket link. So i went and checked it out, and on the pictures you can look at the data or whatever, so i looked at it. It had recorded the camera info, which means the pictures had been uploaded by a memory card, by this girl, who's name matched the name i was given. So i was like score, she is real. And then we made plans today to go surfing. That ended up falling through because i didn't have a ride, and i didn't have a car because my parents work. we ended up changing our plans to go rock climbing at the new rock wall at the new rec center. She was supposed to meet me at my house (i had given her directions and map quest and everything) at 6:30, then follow me (i'm not allowed to drive other people) to the aquatic center. I talked to her at 6, and she said she was doing the dishes and she be here at about 6:30-6:45. So around 6:30 i went outside to make sure she knew it was my house. I was outside for about half an hour messing around on my skateboard. She wasn't there by 7:00. I figured since she had to drive from winter springs ("she" was staying with her brother in law until they found a house) she just might've been late. So i turned my outside house lights on and went inside because it was hot out. Well...it was 8:00 and "she" never came. I got online, and she wasn't on, i didn't get any emails, and now i think she's fake, and someones messing with me.

I know that i've only talked to this girl online, but i still kinda like her a bit. I want to meet her in person (if she's even real). Everytime i got ditched it made me believe that she was fake. I hated myself for thinking that, but then the next time i talked to her, i thought completely that she was real again.

I definitly need some help with this one.
S3nd K3ys
There's only one thing to do.. you have to use better punctuation, you're making it way to hard to read that.

Wink
Eyre
i'm distressed Razz.
S3nd K3ys
Eyre wrote:
i'm distressed Razz.

It shows. Wink

Seriously, you should at least meet her.
Eyre
i tried....twice.
ThornsOfSorrow
If you really like her, then you should keep trying. The worst that could happen is that someone is on the other side of the computer screen laughing and being a jerk. And if this is the case, then that's already happened, so you no longer have anything to lose, except for the time that you spend making plans with "her". However, it's difficult for me to believe that someone would talk to you for 72 hours in 4 days if they were only trying to screw with your head, so I think you should go with the assumption that she's real. If not, then the person messing with you must have a LOT of spare time on his/her hands and nothing to do with it.
Eyre
that's exactly what i was thinking. I'm just gonna keep trying then. thanks a bunch Wink
Chris24
Don't keep on trying. It is obvious this girl is either not who she says she is or is just messing with your head. You said you spoke to her at 6 and she said she would be there at 6:30 , 6:45 and she didn't show, and this being the second time. And she still hasn't contacted you to explain what happened?

Do yourself a favor and forget her? Have problems and still think about her? Put it in your mind that she was some guy acting as a girl and just playin around with you and you will forget her real fast.

Trust me it sounds like your heading for major headaches if you continue with this girl. A nice person doesn't do this.....Anyway whatever you decide good luck
QrafTee
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
If you really like her, then you should keep trying. The worst that could happen is that someone is on the other side of the computer screen laughing and being a jerk. And if this is the case, then that's already happened, so you no longer have anything to lose, except for the time that you spend making plans with "her". However, it's difficult for me to believe that someone would talk to you for 72 hours in 4 days if they were only trying to screw with your head, so I think you should go with the assumption that she's real. If not, then the person messing with you must have a LOT of spare time on his/her hands and nothing to do with it.

Well, that whole 72 horus in 4 days thing. I hate to tell you, but if someone really puts their effort into it, it's very believeable that someone can mess with you. Ehem, I know some people (including myself) who've done it, but to people I know as a gag not random strangers.

My advice, try to find out who might want to mess with you. And keep talking to the girl fake or not. See how many times she makes excuses or ditches you. If you end up putting 2 and 2 together, you can turn the tables around and mess with him/her. Wink
xkobram
I think she is real..

I think she was just unlucky or she had some problems, but i think she IS inetrested in meeting you. I know it sounds impossible but some things just happen and you dont know how...

I think you should believe she is real and try to find her, find her friends try to search. World is too small to get lost...
junkrabbit
Yah online is fun, meeting chics is cool. But don't get all worried untill you see her in real life. I've met a couple girls from online. One we met at a movie theatre. she was really big, had hair on her neck but at least smelled nice. I just sucked it up and watched the movie with her. Had to just pretend she was my brother and we just kickin it. Otherwise I'd be horrified and uncomfortable. Another time I met a chic and when we got together, she had scum all over her teeth. NEVER brushed.
Just be cool, if you meet, you meet, if she's buttugly jus go out one time and never call her again. if you never meet then she's obviously hiding something and don't worry bout it.
freakinlame
I think you should go and meet her face to face to clear out the confusion and questions you may have in you. Talking on the phone is ceratinly not the same as talking face to face with the person. On the telephone line, you cannot see the facial expression of the other person. Even if the person is angry, he/she can just be acting not angry. And there's no way for you to really tell whether it is real or not. Maybe you are attracted by the attention you get from her. Will you be feeling like this has you two not talked for 72 hours in 4 days? You've got to ask yourself that. If she doesn't pay attention to you, will u still be heard over heels on her??