FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Google's Video Sharing





ckong
Google now invests in video sharing (just like BitTorrent? Hmm..)

https://upload.video.google.com

Extension: mpg, .mpeg, .avi, .ra, .ram, .mov, .wmv, .asf
Download: https://upload.video.google.com/video_instructions.html

What do you think about this? Question
gonzo
umm that's great and all.. but how many people produce their own videos?
AnGeLicK
seriously most of the videos most people want to upload aren't the legal type
Slay
never tried it , but seems a good idea
isara
really
dionet
google invent all!!!! It can imagine anything!
animefan
yeah after i read about this, i uploaded a test to see how long it takes them to approve a upload. Google is always thinking ahead, cause i'm sure alot of people with home videos and stuff would love to use this.
deswithat
only upload feature ....
snowboardalliance
I make snowboard and skate videos.
I'm a little confused about it though, is it free?

on a side-note, is it legal to use copyrighted music in a video you make? It seems like it would be like hearing it on the radio or something, because you don't get the actual file, it's just in the movie.
Maka
Upload it then they have your file for life!, nice lol. One day your watching tv and you see your very own video used in a commercial Laughing .
foggy
snowboardalliance wrote:
on a side-note, is it legal to use copyrighted music in a video you make? It seems like it would be like hearing it on the radio or something, because you don't get the actual file, it's just in the movie.
No, that is illegal. You can't use someone else's work in your creations without their permission.
Bondings
Maka wrote:
Upload it then they have your file for life!, nice lol. One day your watching tv and you see your very own video used in a commercial Laughing .

I would love that. And then sue them for a few millions of dollars. Wink
nicolechristine
Google is amazing...in my opinion. I love gmail...first reliable service...and I have used yahoo and hotmail. both suck. Anyways, I make my own videos using sony vegas studio..and I have some from my canon digital camera...I think this is awesome because I haven't found any hosts for videos that seem good or reliable. Google is always thinking ahead...geniuses....
hotboy
Found for a long time
but donot know how to use Laughing
lasablanca
its really good and useful for semi-pro users' projects.
DogGunn
Nice.
Is it me, or does Google seem to have everything?
Blazole
This really could break many copyright laws.

not like they cant afford the fines though is it lol
din4
I haven't tried it yet. But thank you for sharing...
Anti-Camper
wow! Maybe i will upload some videos. But they have many restrictions... And they see our videos... And about the link? it is like what? videos.google.com/username/video.avi?
Che
I have been using their video search for a bit and it's pretty cool... I mean what does google NOT have?
DJGuardy
Oooooo, thanks for the link. I've heard about this for a while, and I produce my own Halo videos, and Putfile doesn't work anymore Sad so this sounds cool! I'll check it out.
jlbribeiro
That sounds great! It will make life easier to a lot of people. Because a person have always to burn a cd and stuff like that. And that's a cool idea for companies to show their commercials.
planet
This make me think (foist for today).

Will I have problems with uploading selfproduced video files to here of some music jamsessions, so the other participants can DL. them (sizes 5-50MB) ?
win66
ckong wrote:
Google now invests in video sharing (just like BitTorrent? Hmm..)

https://upload.video.google.com

Extension: mpg, .mpeg, .avi, .ra, .ram, .mov, .wmv, .asf
Download: https://upload.video.google.com/video_instructions.html

What do you think about this? Question


Good idea.It can be a place for some user to upload music and share for other people.
Defsanguje
..
viper34
woow cool mega cool ... thanks dude
i always searched for a video upload site .. Very Happy
Xcelerate
nicolechristine wrote:
Google is amazing...in my opinion. I love gmail...first reliable service...and I have used yahoo and hotmail. both suck. Anyways, I make my own videos using sony vegas studio..and I have some from my canon digital camera...I think this is awesome because I haven't found any hosts for videos that seem good or reliable. Google is always thinking ahead...geniuses....


Yeah! Vegas Users! Anyway, that would be a great service for me! Since I make cross-country videos, I could just link them from Google! They take up tons of space.
thadnation
snowboardalliance wrote:
I make snowboard and skate videos.
I'm a little confused about it though, is it free?

on a side-note, is it legal to use copyrighted music in a video you make? It seems like it would be like hearing it on the radio or something, because you don't get the actual file, it's just in the movie.


As we all probably know by now, it's free, but using copyrighted music without the signed permission of the artist is illegal and worth fines and jail time, although they usually just take your video down. It happened to me. I used the track "Ladies and gentlemen" by Saliva, and rather than attacking the other 200+ videos with that song that had thousands of views, they take down mine. Because using a song for a school project that 80 people saw i way more important than any of the other major issues with youtube.
Related topics
Google turns 7
Google Video
Your Thoughts: Google Earth
Google video
how make a dry ice bom homemade -google video
Google to launch online video store
Google video .gvp format file vs. .avi
youtube
How to make Flash video page like google video?
Google Collaborates with Youtube
youtube vs google video
A google video and tears in eyes...
Video Sharing Sites
Google Video Kapanýyor
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.