FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recovering from Bios Curruption

k_s_baskar
Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to recover Bios curruption from floppy or CD. My Gigabyte Board bios corrupted due to power failure and while swithing on the keyboard led works normaly but there is No display in my monitor.

One of my friend told me that their is a easy way to reload the Bios even their is no disply in Monitor. But he too don't know how to do that.

Can anybody explain to do this step by step.

Thanx in advance

Bhaskar
LethcanAernis
If there was a power loss during BIOS upgrade it can have been damage!

How you know BIOS doesn't work? do you get BEEPs when you start up? sure it isn't just your VIDEO card that is broken?
Jasta30
I would guess that it is not a bios issue but a hardware failure of some sort. Either the board itself is having issues or your video card is bugging out. As the previos post says you should get some beeps at least out of it.

I would check for beeps and go from there, they will tell you what is wrong with the system!
tommyjordache
If the problem comes from flashing your bios with the wrong code...then you have a problem...the only way to revive it, is to get your hands on the exact same bios chip (from the same type motherboard which is working) - start up the pc (make sure you can reach the chip easily) - very carefully take out the chip (while the machine is running) with a plastic pin & replace it by the bios chip from the working board. Then restart & go to bios setup all defaults.

This works for some manufacturers, not for all & is a risky operation...no guarantees...

cheers
tom
Straevaras
Your BIOS will be corrupted if your board even has trouble booting through POST. Now, it's a problem with the operating system if it goes through POST just fine. Can you boot off of anything at all, even a Windows setup CD?

If your BIOS is in fact corrupt, I recommend contacting the manufacturer of the motherboard or the system.