FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Friends like you

Wynand
Friends like you

What do you think are the reasons that people that are the same make friends? I have a few reasons. See if you can add to it.

1. People that are the same usually do the same thin, so they go to the same places and meet people that are similar to them.

2. People make friends with people that are similar to them because they know how to communicate. The know what people that are like them like.

Why is the opposite sometimes true? Why do people make friends with people that are not like them?
missdixy
I've noticed that my friends, who are opposite from me, are still, at heart, people with good, strong souls and are kind at heart. Though our personalities and beliefs are different, at the core, we are similar and that's what seems to attract me to people. Their core.
BlockUp
I have quite a large group of friends, but that is probably to do with the fact that I am still in school.

It's true, my closest friends are the ones most like me, but I am friends and I get along with just about everybody; different opinions, different style, different tastes, I think that everyone can get along as we all have at least one thing in common. We're all human.
Dezrok
I have a lot of friends that are just like me, because I can communicate with them very easily and we're on the same brain level.
But then I have friends who are nothing like me really (going on the "mosher" and "chav" thing) and I get along with them just as well.

I'd most likely say it's the fact that it's best to have different sorts of friends, so you don't get bored with just one...
xkobram
I have friends who can i talk with. And some of them are very very different than me...
urbanbuddha
We learned about this in psychology. People just have a tendency to be more comfortable with those that are familiar to them. This familiarity may stem from the things they see in others that they themselves possess. We like people who are like us because we have this feeling that we know them better and thus their actions are more predictable.
secondeye
I've noticed that my friends, who are opposite from me, are still, at heart, people with good, strong souls and are kind at heart. Though our personalities and beliefs are different, at the core, we are similar and that's what seems to attract me to people. Their core..... Don't Know Crying or Very sad
Azmo
Graduate and move away from your home town.. get a job and find out who your true friends from your home town are.. Since I moved, I've kept in touch with 5 people maybe.. ok I talk to others from time to time.. but 5 people I talk to a few times a week.. /every day.. and when I was in school we were always like 10+ people haning out together..

don't rly matter if you are alike or not.. you just have to "click" .. as long as u can respect what the oter person thinks, feels, wants etc.. there should be no problem beeing friends.. but at the same time.. u cant do all things with all friends.. some like to party, some dont.. u can still be friends tho..
RubySlasher
I think it's 1. AND 2.
People loose most of their friends after school, because they usually loose touch because they don't have a reason to see each other every day. See, that's the difference between "friends" and "best friends."
"Friends" usually tend to be locational. Like gym buddies, or study partners. If you stop working out, or stop taking classes, you drop-out of line with them. There's little reason to get together.
"Best friends" are different, however. They are "portable" friends, and they are entertaining and helpful on all levels. Which is why they are best.