FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ColdFusion

Bikerman
Hi guys.
I'm a Dreamweaver user for web design and I was wondering if there is any chance of implementing ColdFusion at the server end? Basically it would be very useful for developing the MySQL database applications on my site and as far as I know there are no major security issues with implementing it....
Just thought I'd ask

Regards
Chris
Daniel15
The only problem with that is that ColdFusion costs US$1,299. If you're willing to pay for it, then we'd implement it Very Happy
Bikerman
Daniel15 wrote:
The only problem with that is that ColdFusion costs US$1,299. If you're willing to pay for it, then we'd implement it Very Happy

LOL....Wow, that is a pretty penny.
If I win the lottery then consider it bought, but I guess until then I'll have to hand-crank the code Smile

Hang-on...I've just had a check at the Macromedia site. They are giving away a free version of 7 with the limitation that it works only on two remote IP addresses (clients) plus the server (not sure if that is concurrent or seat license).
Any chance of installing it ? I'll download it for you if you like ? It would allow me and a.n.other to use it.....

cheers
C.
Bondings
Bikerman wrote:
Daniel15 wrote:

If I win the lottery then consider it bought, but I guess until then I'll have to hand-crank the code Smile

Hang-on...I've just had a check at the Macromedia site. They are giving away a free version of 7 with the limitation that it works only on two remote IP addresses (clients) plus the server (not sure if that is concurrent or seat license).
Any chance of installing it ? I'll download it for you if you like ? It would allow me and a.n.other to use it.....

cheers
C.

It's most likely only for personal usage and not allowed to be used by a webhost.
Bikerman
Bondings wrote:
Bikerman wrote:
Daniel15 wrote:

cheers
C.

It's most likely only for personal usage and not allowed to be used by a webhost.

No - I checked with them. It is fine to use on a webhost - they have no problem with that. They say :
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in ColdFusion MX 7. Please choose your desired download from the list below. ColdFusion MX 7 Developer is a free, fully functional version of ColdFusion for the local development of applications that are intended to be deployed on either Standard or Enterprise servers. Access to applications running on a Developer Edition server is limited to 2 client machines. ColdFusion MX 7 Trial Edition is fully functional and intended for simulated production and evaluation purposes only. It contains all of the Enterprise Edition features. The Trial Edition will timeout after 30 days from the time you install the product. After the timeout period, the Trial Edition will revert to the Developer Edition where it can be used to support your development needs.

I emailed them to check and they said it was fine to be used for development on any webserver, since the client limit was their way of limiting the access.....

Chris
hilander
so..how is this going ???
IceCreamTruck
But... I want it too! LOL

Just kidding. I vote for letting him use it, but it's not my server so I will butt-out. Dancing All I want in return is for the php module that allows perl scripts to be executed inside of php pages. This way he can use coldfusion all he wants, and I can run my stats package inside of the phpBB2 forums. HAHA! Very Happy
Daniel15
I doubt Bondings would install it since only 2 people can make use of it Wink

IceCreamTruck wrote:
All I want in return is for the php module that allows perl scripts to be executed inside of php pages. This way he can use coldfusion all he wants, and I can run my stats package inside of the phpBB2 forums. HAHA! Very Happy

There's a PHP module to do that? Why not have the Perl script as a seperate file, and do this:
Code:

<?php
// Bla bla bla...
// Some stuff up here :-)

// Show some Perl script
readfile('http://www.daniel15.com/cgi-bin/helloworld.pl');

// bla bla bla... Do other stuff
?>

Obviously, with the correct URL to the file Wink
Anyways, why use some Perl stats package? Try BBClone Smile