FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Marvel Civil Wars

QrafTee
Who's been keeping track of this whole Civil War mess? It makes me hate Iron Man and his band of thugs. Taking on Captain America, Spider-Man, and the real superheroes. If I was in the story, I'd be on the anti-registration side.

What do you guys think of it?
malomeat
Is it just me, or did nobody important die?
KoiboySG1
I like the whole civil war story.
QrafTee
malomeat wrote:
Is it just me, or did nobody important die?

Goliath died... Every member of the then New Warriors other than Speedball died. And 600 people in Stamford including 60 school children died. Anyone there important to you?
driftingfe3s
I'm likeing the story so far. Its moving a bit slow in my opinion now after the first major battle. Now that Spidey has switched sides and his identiy revealed, I wonder whats going to happento his lifestyle post Civil War.
QrafTee
driftingfe3s wrote:
I'm likeing the story so far. Its moving a bit slow in my opinion now after the first major battle. Now that Spidey has switched sides and his identiy revealed, I wonder whats going to happento his lifestyle post Civil War.

Maybe Iron Man will do that mass mind-erase thing as mentioned in the earlier Civil Wars comics.

And it sucks that Civil Wars is a month behind indefinitely. Oh well, patience is a virtue... until you take it overboard and shoot yourself in the foot.
Yantaal
i saw the cover of the civil war ting, and thought awesome, and looked through it, the art bored me straight away.

is the story better than the ****** boring art
Yantaal
oh man was i wrong, i just bought 3,4,5. freaking awesome storyline, i am so on captain A's team
Yantaal
oh man was i wrong, i just bought 3,4,5. freaking awesome storyline, i am so on The Cap's team
Handermier
Hey, I used to be a big comic book collector and Marvel was probably 90% percent of my collection. You gotta love the X-Men and Spidey. I haven't seen a comic book in...wow...years.

Anyone want to give me a scoop on this Civil War stuff? Sounds interesting.

-Handermier
QrafTee
Handermier wrote:
Hey, I used to be a big comic book collector and Marvel was probably 90% percent of my collection. You gotta love the X-Men and Spidey. I haven't seen a comic book in...wow...years.

Anyone want to give me a scoop on this Civil War stuff? Sounds interesting.

-Handermier

Well imagine all of Marvel's superheroes. Some are for a bill, some are against it. It causes two factions, one led by Iron Man, and one led by Captain America to fight each other. In the course of the series, allies turn traitors and switch to the other side, some for their own reasons, some because they're double-agents. Basically when you get all these big named heroes fighting each other in what basically is a Super Smash Bros. Melee with Marvel superheroes... There will be death... there will be heartache, that's for sure.
corblo
How is Galactus not important!!!
He is the world eater!

He is awsome Razz
QrafTee
corblo wrote:
How is Galactus not important!!!
He is the world eater!

He is awsome Razz

Actually in most of the recent comics, a lot of the evil villains are planning their own thing to take advantage of the Civil War thing, but Galactus isn't one of them. But some of them consist of Dr. Doom and Red Skull.
Yantaal
Civial War:

so good, only one left, then i guess i will start readin each characters seperate journal of events
pedrothelion
It seems a pretty monumental event in the Marvel universe but I've had trouble keeping track. I used to collect spidey but haven't read one in years but this got me interested again..
At the moment I'm trying to get a complete tally for what comics are connected to Civil War and it seems a bit cluttered and as mentioned, to few big guy deaths.

I recently read DC's Kingdom Come which I thought was pretty amazing, the story was great and I liked the artwork. And there were quite a few dead heroes which to me seemed like DC was cleaning house and I'm thinking maybe Marvel should do something of the sort.. Embarassed
QrafTee
pedrothelion wrote:
It seems a pretty monumental event in the Marvel universe but I've had trouble keeping track. I used to collect spidey but haven't read one in years but this got me interested again..
At the moment I'm trying to get a complete tally for what comics are connected to Civil War and it seems a bit cluttered and as mentioned, to few big guy deaths.

I recently read DC's Kingdom Come which I thought was pretty amazing, the story was great and I liked the artwork. And there were quite a few dead heroes which to me seemed like DC was cleaning house and I'm thinking maybe Marvel should do something of the sort.. Embarassed

I see your trouble. Here, let me help you out a little:
Quote:
FEBRUARY 2006:
01 Amazing Spider-Man #529

MARCH 2006:
02 Amazing Spider-Man #530
03 Fantastic Four #536
04 New Avengers: Illuminati

APRIL 2006:
05 Amazing Spider-Man #531
06 Civil War: Opening Shot Sketchbook
07 Fantastic Four #537

MAY 2006:
08 Civil War #1
09 Amazing Spider-Man #532
10 She-Hulk #8
11 Wolverine #42

JUNE 2006:
12 Civil War #2
13-14 Civil War: Front Line #1 - #2
15 Amazing Spider-Man #533
16 Fantastic Four #538
17 New Avengers #21
18 Thunderbolts #103
19 Wolverine #43
20 X-Factor #8

JULY 2006:
21 Civil War #3
22-23 Civil War: Front Line #3 - #4
24 Civil War: X-Men #1
25 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1
26 Amazing Spider-Man #534
27 Black Panther #18
28 Cable & Deadpool #30
29 Fantastic Four #539
30 New Avengers #22
31 Thunderbolts #104
32 Wolverine #44
33 X-Factor #9

AUGUST 2006:
34 Civil War: Front Line #5
35 Civil War: X-Men #2
36 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #2
37 Cable & Deadpool #31
38 Heroes For Hire #1
39 Ms. Marvel #6
40 New Avengers #23
41 Thunderbolts #105
42 Wolverine #45

SEPTEMBER 2006:
43 Civil War #4
44 Civil War: Frontline #6
45 Civil War: X-Men #3
46 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #3
47 Amazing Spider-Man #535
48 Cable & Deadpool #32
49 Captain America #22
50 Fantastic Four #540
51 Heroes For Hire #2
52 Ms. Marvel #7
53 New Avengers #24
54 Wolverine #46

OCTOBER 2006:
55 Civil War: Choosing Sides
56 Civil War: Front Line #7
57 Civil War: X-Men #4
58 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #4
59 Captain America #23
60 Heroes For Hire #3
61 Iron Man #13
62 Ms. Marvel #8
63 New Avengers #25
64 Wolverine #47

NOVEMBER 2006:
65 Civil War #5
66 Civil War: Frontline #8
67 Amazing Spider-Man #536
68 Captain America #24
69 Fantastic Four #541
70 Iron Man #14
71 Moon Knight #7
72 Punisher: War Journal #1
73 Wolverine #48

DECEMBER 2006
74 Civil War #6
75 Civil War: Frontline #9
76 Black Panther #23
77 Civil War: War Crimes
78 Iron Man/Captain America Special
79 Moon Knight #9
80 Punisher: War Journal #2
81 Winter Soldier: Winter Kills

JANUARY 2007
82 Civil War #7
83 Amazing Spider-Man #537
84 Amazing Spider-Man #538
85 Black Panther #24
86 Blade #5
87 Civil War: Frontline #10
88 Fantastic Four #542
89 Fantastic Four #543
90 Moon Knight #10
91 Punisher: War Journal #3

FEBRUARY 2007
92 Civil War: Frontline #11
93 Civil War: Battle Damage Report
94 Black Panther #25

Keep in mind that some issues are delayed, like Civil War 6 was delayed until January, and I think 7 will be delayed until February.
Wolverine100
QrafTee wrote:
pedrothelion wrote:

I see your trouble. Here, let me help you out a little:
Quote:
FEBRUARY 2006:
01 Amazing Spider-Man #529

MARCH 2006:
02 Amazing Spider-Man #530
03 Fantastic Four #536
04 New Avengers: Illuminati

APRIL 2006:
05 Amazing Spider-Man #531
06 Civil War: Opening Shot Sketchbook
07 Fantastic Four #537

MAY 2006:
08 Civil War #1
09 Amazing Spider-Man #532
10 She-Hulk #8
11 Wolverine #42

JUNE 2006:
12 Civil War #2
13-14 Civil War: Front Line #1 - #2
15 Amazing Spider-Man #533
16 Fantastic Four #538
17 New Avengers #21
18 Thunderbolts #103
19 Wolverine #43
20 X-Factor #8

JULY 2006:
21 Civil War #3
22-23 Civil War: Front Line #3 - #4
24 Civil War: X-Men #1
25 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1
26 Amazing Spider-Man #534
27 Black Panther #18
28 Cable & Deadpool #30
29 Fantastic Four #539
30 New Avengers #22
31 Thunderbolts #104
32 Wolverine #44
33 X-Factor #9

AUGUST 2006:
34 Civil War: Front Line #5
35 Civil War: X-Men #2
36 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #2
37 Cable & Deadpool #31
38 Heroes For Hire #1
39 Ms. Marvel #6
40 New Avengers #23
41 Thunderbolts #105
42 Wolverine #45

SEPTEMBER 2006:
43 Civil War #4
44 Civil War: Frontline #6
45 Civil War: X-Men #3
46 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #3
47 Amazing Spider-Man #535
48 Cable & Deadpool #32
49 Captain America #22
50 Fantastic Four #540
51 Heroes For Hire #2
52 Ms. Marvel #7
53 New Avengers #24
54 Wolverine #46

OCTOBER 2006:
55 Civil War: Choosing Sides
56 Civil War: Front Line #7
57 Civil War: X-Men #4
58 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #4
59 Captain America #23
60 Heroes For Hire #3
61 Iron Man #13
62 Ms. Marvel #8
63 New Avengers #25
64 Wolverine #47

NOVEMBER 2006:
65 Civil War #5
66 Civil War: Frontline #8
67 Amazing Spider-Man #536
68 Captain America #24
69 Fantastic Four #541
70 Iron Man #14
71 Moon Knight #7
72 Punisher: War Journal #1
73 Wolverine #48

DECEMBER 2006
74 Civil War #6
75 Civil War: Frontline #9
76 Black Panther #23
77 Civil War: War Crimes
78 Iron Man/Captain America Special
79 Moon Knight #9
80 Punisher: War Journal #2
81 Winter Soldier: Winter Kills

JANUARY 2007
82 Civil War #7
83 Amazing Spider-Man #537
84 Amazing Spider-Man #538
85 Black Panther #24
86 Blade #5
87 Civil War: Frontline #10
88 Fantastic Four #542
89 Fantastic Four #543
90 Moon Knight #10
91 Punisher: War Journal #3

FEBRUARY 2007
92 Civil War: Frontline #11
93 Civil War: Battle Damage Report
94 Black Panther #25

Keep in mind that some issues are delayed, like Civil War 6 was delayed until January, and I think 7 will be delayed until February.

nice thanks i havent read civil war but i going to try and get some to read
Yantaal
OMFG, the cap resigned, ****** is such a pussy, i wouldtoally move to canada, it annoyed the hell out of me, i would have kicked the shit out of those ciilians and finished the job,ofc by dong thatiw o8ul be forsaking the whole pint that statred this war, so maybe i would have orderd the "troops" to down. i dunno, it pretty intense.
pedrothelion
Thanks QrafTree, I'll see if I can find any of those titles (that I'm missing) per order..

Do you know if these are the only planned Civil War titles or are there more coming?
Yantaal
its juts finished now as you may have guessed, but there will obviously be epiloges
driftingfe3s
Yantaal wrote:
OMFG, the cap resigned, ****** is such a pussy, i wouldtoally move to canada, it annoyed the hell out of me, i would have kicked the shit out of those ciilians and finished the job,ofc by dong thatiw o8ul be forsaking the whole pint that statred this war, so maybe i would have orderd the "troops" to down. i dunno, it pretty intense.

I was pretty dissapointed when that happened as well. I was pretty dissapoint at the whole resolution in general. Spider-man and the black return of the black costume looks like it will be interesting... I hope.
Yantaal
hells yeah. is that black costume because he has remergeed with venom?#
or just coz he is kick ass?
gh0stface
Yeah, I thought the whole Marvel Civil War was a bit of a let down. It was built up great and then it kind of went poof instead of boom.

It is kind of interesting to see Spider-Man go back to his black costume. Wonder how long it takes before he goes back to his red and blue one. Probably after this whole Civil War aftermath...
blk3
The Civil War Crossover sounds good. Does anyone know any other good crossovers?
Revvion
I like it, but also hate it. It really puts a question i had awile about their laws etc in a story but on the other side it kiend of destroys my concept of comic book heroes.
driftingfe3s
Ohh man!! Read Captain America #25!!

Spoilers:
http://comics.ign.com/articles/771/771709p1.html
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/03/07/captain.america/index.html

What happens is all over the news, LOL. I guess this is the real conclusion to Civil War.
ddukki
Is there anywhere I can read some parts of these online? I haven't heard a lot about this series, but it seems to be growing pretty well.
twinimage
QrafTee wrote:
Who's been keeping track of this whole Civil War mess? It makes me hate Iron Man and his band of thugs. Taking on Captain America, Spider-Man, and the real superheroes. If I was in the story, I'd be on the anti-registration side.

What do you guys think of it?

I really liked the idea of the Civil War story, but I never read any of the comics. I followed the sotry online at wikipedia.com. It's like the Marvel V.S. DC comic.
I was really surprised that Spidey revealed his identity. I wonder if Marvel will retcon that part? Anyway, I thought it was ridiculous that no major, or popular, characters were killed, except for Captain America. One thing I'm not sure of, did they pass the super human bill? All the anti-registration people got off pretty easy too. I wonder what will come of Aunt May and Spider-man with the black suit? Is it like the venom one he had long ago?
Scaramanga
twinimage wrote:
I wonder what will come of Aunt May and Spider-man with the black suit? Is it like the venom one he had long ago?

A couple of people have asked this about the new black suit, and the answer is no, it's nothing like the symbiotic suit, that would later become Venom. Even after Venom came into being, Spidey has on occassion worn a black costume (sometimes when he was working at night and generally when trying to be stealthy.)
driftingfe3s
Scaramanga wrote:
A couple of people have asked this about the new black suit, and the answer is no, it's nothing like the symbiotic suit, that would later become Venom. Even after Venom came into being, Spidey has on occassion worn a black costume (sometimes when he was working at night and generally when trying to be stealthy.)

Yeah its not a symbiot. If you want more information about the black costume read this: http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/himself/costume/black/

The last section talks about the non symbiot black costume.
proffrancais
These events are good marketing ideas but this one has said its gonna change the Marvel Universe for the future. I can't figure out what they are doing. They limit the mutants and now they are setting up the heroes to hate each other even more. I think it will make for some interesting story ideas but it will get old quick. I know they cant keep doing the same old thing, but I hope it doesn't backfire on them, because then they would have to find a creative way to undo it all.
indeedwrestling
I think this idea was long overdue. This is a modern literature theory which suggests that most movements take 6-8 years to crystalize and 3-4 months to peak. At this time, I think we're witnessing the modern revamping of the comic genre, similar to what Frank Miller did with Batman and Neil Gaiman did with The Sandman.
legendaryduelists
Im more a fan of DC but im interested in the controversy that this series have, and the plot seems good to me, so i will buy a few ones to see if i like it finally or not.
pedrothelion
Sweet mother of god, they killed off Cap America!?

And here I was slamming Marvel for not adding enough critical events a la DC's Kingdom Come and they proceed to kill off one of the first and greatest of the marvel superheroes.

This was unexpected and really cool, if a bit sad Crying or Very sad should be interesting to see if someone/who picks up the 'shield' and title..