FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What animation techniques do you think were used here?

hack_man_
I just watched this on Albino Blacksheep:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/creepyouout

It is a Weird Al song that looks like it has been animated from flash, I like the animation style used but can't put my finger on it. Would you say it's:

1. Animutation done on very good Stop-Frame animation?
2. Animutation done on lassoed video segments? (Blue-screen)
3. Actual video clips.
4. Actual Stop-Frame animation.

The backgrounds are amazing, but look sorta rendered. Do you think they are photos or animated?

Extremely clever animation techniques...
Josso
Hmm, I'd say flash with overlayed real video somehow (I can't imagine how). These guys are good for that kind of stuff I've seen them on the news before Laughing
Captain Fertile
Sorry I can’t answer your question for sure but it seems to have been created in flash using original cartoon artwork, stock photographs and using stills (or selected stills taken from film to catch the action of the faces and mouths to match the singing). In my uneducated opinion anyway.

The main point of this post it just to thank you for posting that link to the video – it was great.

I enjoyed the song and appreciated the time and effort that went into the animation – a real inspiration.

Is this song a take-on of an existing song? I know weird Al does this most of the time, if so what song is he copying it because it has a beautiful melody.

If this is not a copy of an existing song it is a slight shame he used a wonderful melody like this and attached such lyrics to although it did make me chuckle.

Thanks again.

Regards
The Captain
hack_man_
Would you say that the character has a little bit of Weird Al in him? His eyes...
Slammer
Personally i doubt it was done in flash. Looks like lightwave or something. Has some subtle 3d camera moves etc that couldnt easily be achieved in flash. also has some effects that i recognise from lightwave stuff
GameFreak
Nah ..... that's not flash ....
alkady
Looks like it was images that where cut and glued together from a high quality recording.