FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

People who talk to much about their families

blue77
Ok I'm all for family. I think its fine to brag about them sometimes or praise them infront of others etc. but what about people who feel the need to always put their family/spouse up on a pedistool? I do think sometimes people can go overboard with the bragging. I understand too, that sometimes people use their families as examples etc and there's nothing wrong with that, and maybe their family is all they have to go on for examples.

We know of this guy for a year and work together. He is always, putting his wife on a pedistool. Always telling others how great she is. Theres nothing wrong with that, but its like others get tired of hearing it. I wonder sometimes if theres a reason, or something he is lacking or lacked in his life for the need to constantly let people know how great his family is. He really does have reason to be proud of his family, since he has said when he was growing up he didn't have the best home life, and vowed to make sure he had a good family that he loved, took care, and wanted to make sure his family wasn't like his. Fortunaly he has a wife who came from a family that wasn't so great either, so she probably is in sync with him wanting to make sure they have a great family, and they both seem to go the extra mile to make sure their needs are being met. Thats great, and admeriable, but at the same time its overboard.

There have been people who even said something to him about it, his response was, "Maybe some people are just jealous and wish thir lives were like my family's." Maybe that might be true for some, but I think he has never stopped to think that maybe its not about others being jealous, but about the fact people get tired of hearing it. His wife is very quiet and reserved, shes a very nice person, but I haven't heard her brag about him. Of course she probably feels that he is great, but she's just not one to brag.

So whats others thoughts on people who brag alot? I'm sure things are not always what they seem. I even told him myself once before (to get my pint across about him bragging alot) that things aren't always what they seem. His response to me was, "And sometimes they are exactly the way they seem."
S3nd K3ys
You should check out my blog...

Wink
Vandalyzed
................Pedestal Smile

And he's right.......sometimes things are exactly what they seem.