FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

is this allowed on Frihost?

Technaut
i want to install a multi-user version of wordpress, so my family and i can all have blogs, but not need to waste space by installing multiple copies of WP. is this allowed? or does it fall under the "no hosting services" rule? nobody but family members will this.
wumingsden
Technaut wrote:
i want to install a multi-user version of wordpress, so my family and i can all have blogs, but not need to waste space by installing multiple copies of WP. is this allowed? or does it fall under the "no hosting services" rule? nobody but family members will this.

I don't know the exact answer to your question. There is http://mu.wordpress.org/ which allows multiple wordpress blogs without the need to have the whole set of files more than once.

http://b2evolution.net/ also allowes multiple authors, which may advertise to you a little more.

Note that you will need to wait for confirmation as to whether it is allowed to be used here - I have a feeling that it is not allowed but cannot be sure.
TomS
With Wordpress you can also have multiple authors.
I think you want to have a blog every single ember of your family in one WP-installation.
Bondings
Technaut, providing a blog to your family member is definately not considered hosting services. And in my opinion the best way would be to use one installation - if at all possible - as this takes less space and you will only have to upgrade one installation if a new version is available.
Technaut
TomS wrote:
I think you want to have a blog every single ember of your family in one WP-installation.

Yes, thats what I want. Wordpress MU is what i want to use to do this, since regular WP only supports one theme, and its a single blog. I have banned anyone but me and my family from creating accounts, so i'm not offering blog hosting to the public. Is this inside the rules? Or do I have to have separate Wordpress installations for each person?
Bondings
Technaut wrote:
TomS wrote:

Yes, thats what I want. Wordpress MU is what i want to use to do this, since regular WP only supports one theme, and its a single blog. I have banned anyone but me and my family from creating accounts, so i'm not offering blog hosting to the public. Is this inside the rules? Or do I have to have separate Wordpress installations for each person?

Yes it is allowed. I guess we posted at almost the same time. Wink
Technaut
thanks, Mr. B! that really makes things easier for me!
swizzy
with e107 there is a Blog plugin which allows blogs for each user that registers at your site... it that ok???
wumingsden
swizzy wrote:
with e107 there is a Blog plugin which allows blogs for each user that registers at your site... it that ok???

they want their visitors to be blog authors, not just commentors. He is allowed to use software that does this because its for a limited, set amouunt, number of people. Allowing all visitors to you site to be able to have their very own blog may not be allowed.