FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wordpress mu?

venkateshwarans
Is wordpress MU classified as reselling frihost service. Please visit http://mu.wordpress.org/ It is the software that powers wordpress. You can let others post blogs on your site. I was planning to include a link for students of indian institute of technology to post blogs there. This would lead to content on my site (if they post).
Animal
Yes, this would count as re-selling our services. And no, it's not allowed. It would only be acceptable if you were creating blog space for your family - see this post for more details. A large-scale blog host for a college for example is not allowed.

Sorry!
Digital Thoth
Uhm, not to be rude, but Bondings said it is allowed. Of course it was like an hour and a half after you did.. but hey, just pointing it out.

Or, did I misunderstand the difference?
Animal
Digital Thoth wrote:
Uhm, not to be rude, but Bondings said it is allowed. Of course it was like an hour and a half after you did.. but hey, just pointing it out.

Or, did I misunderstand the difference?

If you actually read my post, you'll see that I even give a link to the topic where Bondings said Wordpress MU is allowed. However, I qualified it by saying a few users (like your family) is ok. A whole college is not.
Digital Thoth
I guess I could see where you might have thought that I didn't read your post, but I did. I just didn't see the difference until after I inserted my foot firmly into my mouth.
Daniel15
You won't be able to use the subdomain feature of Wordpress MU, though. So, instead of the blogs being at [blogname].whatever.[yoursite].frih.net, they will be at [yoursite].frih.net/whatever/[blogname]/ (where 'whatever' is the directory you install Wordpress MU in)